Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 06:25 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times

Advertisements

The more that comes out, the scarier it gets....and he's been confused for years now..

If you want to know where al Qaeda lives – you want to know where bin Laden is – come back to Afghanistan with me,” “Come back to the area where my helicopter was forced down with a three-star general and three senators at 10,500 feet in the middle of those mountains. I can tell you where they are.”

And in a later speech, he added to the story:

“[Al Qaeda is] in the mountains between Afghanistan and Pakistan … where my helicopter was recently forced down,” Biden claimed in another speech, calling the place “the superhighway of terror.”

“John McCain wants to know where bin Laden and the gates of Hell are? I can tell him where,” Biden insisted.

The Associated Press reported that Biden's helicopter actually landed safely while waiting out a snowstorm. He was reportedly on a Senate junket with former Secretary of State John Kerry and former Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel that took safety precautions and ultimately rerouted them to America’s main airbase in the area – a reality Kerry joked about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2019, 06:26 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Always amusing to hear Trump supporters question the mental stability of anyone.

Old 09-15-2019, 06:36 PM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Always amusing to hear Trump supporters question the mental stability of anyone.
It is funny.

But all this record player nonsense compelled me to verify the 'Some Girls' 1st press original record I'm saving for my 1st great grand kid is now worth $400.

They know nothing but want us to think they are experts on politics and current culture. Smh

Old 09-15-2019, 07:20 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The ones I know buy vinyl records and all have record players. I just promised my stereo and speakers to my grand daughter. She asked for it in my will. She attends a famous NYC music college.
Yup , sounds real progressive going back to the 50's.

Old 09-15-2019, 07:34 PM

11,262 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The only people whose mental stability should be called into question are those who think a single one of the current crop of democratic candidates has a chance to beat Trump in 2024. You all should be begging Hillary to come out of retirement!

Old 09-15-2019, 07:40 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Odd but we didn't have to play a record player at night for our daughters. They excelled in school and seemed to be fairly popular.

My son we adopted and he came with some issues at first. He needed a night light at first and struggled the first year. Sometimes we would find him sleeping under his bed etc. My daughters tutored him and my wife and took turns staying with him at night until he calmed down. No record player was needed. LOL.

Old 09-15-2019, 08:43 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
He may be having some problems because no one his age says record player anymore. His general idea was spot on though--it was about education, and his wife was a teacher. So he knew from her that kids need to hear WORDS at home. The kids who hear conversation at home will usually do better in school, especially when it comes to reading.

He means that if the parents are off doing other things or not talking with the kids or the kids aren't having books read to them or hearing music with words, they'll be at a disadvantage. He knows that education begins at home.

He wants to have social workers or someone intervene in the homes where parents are having problems. When I was a teacher that was something we used to wish for--get to them while there's still hope. Have social workers in the schools to help these kids who aren't getting the enrichment they need at home. He's got the right idea.

That response was all over the place. If he can't articulate his "spot-on general idea," he may as well not have one.

Old 09-15-2019, 08:49 PM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Yup , sounds real progressive going back to the 50's.
People say dumb stuff when they are under stress. Even politicians who have been schooled.

Which Trump aide told us to not listen to what he said, hear what he meant?

AFA record players go, just admit it is something you don't have any interest in

Old 09-15-2019, 08:50 PM

1,742 posts, read 959,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Kids don't even know what a record player is! Biden is slipping , really slipping. He can't run a country if he can't make sense to people.. that will look at Biden and say HUH! What the heck is Biden talking about!!?????
Actually, turntables and vinyl have mad a big comeback. The hipsters love them.

Old 09-15-2019, 08:55 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
That response was all over the place. If he can't articulate his "spot-on general idea," he may as well not have one.
Nope, it's hard to explain during the limited time he gets during a debate, that kids need to hear words. The words will translate into better speaking skills for them and better reading skills in school. He didn't articulate it very well, but at least he "gets" it. One of the most important indicators of good reading ability in school is that a child has been read to at home. words. They need to hear words.

Better than throwing millions of $$ at "new" ways of teaching other fads. It's common sense and it's been shown over and over again that kids need to hear the spoken word at home. Not parents sitting with their backs to them at a computer but parents talking or reading or even a "record player" for lack of a better term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies