Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2019, 07:53 AM

29,492 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
and if you eat meat, you could be committing the sin of 'ecocide'.
My wife and I will be guilty of flygskam tomorrow morning...Oh the shame...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/trave...and-chance-us/

Old 09-24-2019, 07:54 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Stop, your logic is not needed here, listen to Greta or else !!
These people cannot think past the nose on their face. They are burning down the bridges in front of them, without thinking thru how they are going to build the replacement bridge, now that they are trapped, surrounded by a steep gorge on all sides.

Old 09-24-2019, 07:58 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I wish I hadn't watched this Greta girl as I caused me to sleep badly. I was worrying about her mental condition as she looks like something mentally is wrong. Then I learned she is diagnosed with some mental conditions, so at least a doctor seems to be involved.

Maybe Greta should be told about babies being aborted, anti rape courses for asylum seekers in her country, increased crime on women and elderly in her Country. Enough for her to be concerned about and not to seek the higher stage and scare the crap out so many people as she looks like a person from one of the horror movies. Either she need an award for playing the scary part so well or she needs to be getting help.
Maybe they should treat her like the kid she is and not seek to use her for political purposes.

When they put her out there as a main voice, the science argument just went out the window.

This is not about science... it's marketing. People want to make money off of this climate hoax. Never lose sight of that.

Old 09-24-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
My wife and I will be guilty of flygskam tomorrow morning...Oh the shame...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/trave...and-chance-us/

But..... if you are one of the anointed political elites, then you can fly around on private jets all you like. And you can own multiple homes, and enjoy a giant carbon footprint that's equal to hundreds of the useful idiots you've created.

Old 09-24-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
These people cannot think past the nose on their face. They are burning down the bridges in front of them, without thinking thru how they are going to build the replacement bridge, now that they are trapped, surrounded by a steep gorge on all sides.
Great analogy. We all want a cleaner environment , but it is an extremely complex problem, with no clear , feasible solutions as of yet. As one poster mentioned, if we are willing to roll back the clocks to the pre industrial era, we might impact change. Are we all willing to do that ?

Old 09-24-2019, 08:04 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Maybe they should treat her like the kid she is and not seek to use her for political purposes.

When they put her out there as a main voice, the science argument just went out the window.

This is not scientific... it's marketing. People want to make money off of this climate hoax. Never lose sight of that.

LOL..the only people making money on the climate crisis and denier junk science are the fossil fuel companies that continue to rake in billions of dollars as well as autocrats that depend on that money.

The fossil fuel industry junk science propaganda machine has worked so well that Deniers still rely on this junk science though some of these fossil fuel companies acknowledge the reality of anthropogenic climate change.

Despite all this, Deniers continue to be useful idiots to many in the fossil fuel industry and gladly do their work hampering all efforts in halting climate change.

Old 09-24-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
But..... if you are one of the anointed political elites, then you can fly around on private jets all you like. And you can own multiple homes, and enjoy a giant carbon footprint that's equal to hundreds of the useful idiots you've created.
Come on, my G6 puts out much less of a carbon foot print than an A380 that the morlocks of society have to fly around in does !

Old 09-24-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

This is not about science... it's marketing. People want to make money off of this climate hoax. Never lose sight of that.

How do people think Al gore became a multi-millionaire? People get filthy rich off the man-made global warming hoax. Politicians gain the power and influence over people and industry, which they desire, by using the man-made global warming hoax.

Old 09-24-2019, 08:10 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Greta Thunberg: "You have stolen my dreams and my childhood"
They stole her dreams...

Old 09-24-2019, 08:10 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Better one is DiCrappio renting the TOPAZ!

https://moneyinc.com/leonard-dicaprios-yacht/

>The super yacht measures a total of 453 feet in length with a cost of more than $200 million in USD to build and an estimated value of $678 million. This isn’t the biggest yacht that Mr. DiCaprio has chartered, but it’s likely to be one of the most luxurious. The yacht is powered by four M90 diesel engines which generate approximately 48,000 horse power. The ship made its maiden launch in 2012 and according to sources, DiCaprio also rented it in 2014 just 2 years into its service run.<

How much fuel do (4) 12000 horsepower engines burn going from the Med to Brazil?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies