Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2019, 08:32 AM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So, where is the smoking gun for impeaching Trump in all of this?
He is asking the leader of a foreign nation for help in finding dirt on the son of his potential political opponent, obviously to help his re-election bid.

Duh.

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...=mw_latestnews

(cleaned up a bit by me)

Trump: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike ... I guess you have one of your weal thy people... The server, they say Ukraine has.it There- are a lot. of things that went on, the whole situation .. I think you 1 re _surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you said yesterday, that whole nonsetise ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance-, _but they. say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, ·it’s very important that· you. do it if that’s possible.

[...]

Trump: Good because I· heard you had a prosecutor who· was very·good and he was shut down and that’s really unfair. A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your very good prosecutor down and you had some very bad people involved. Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the mayor bf New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to [???] call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General. Rudy very much knows what’s happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could _speak to him that would be great. The former ambassador from the United States,· the woman., was bad news and the people she was dealing with in .the Ukraine .were bad news so I just want to_let you know that. The other thing, There’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son,. that Eiden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you ·can look into it ... It sounds horrible to me.

Yup, he's clearly asking him to help him find dirt on Biden's son.
Asking for assistance in a legitimate investigation is not the same as asking for “dirt”.

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I gotta say...this makes the Democrats look like they have egg on their face. I just read it....this is honestly nothing.

What am I missing?
The part where he asks the Ukranian President to start a criminal investigation of Joe Biden and his son maybe?

Old 09-25-2019, 08:33 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Asking for assistance in a legitimate investigation is not the same as asking for “dirt”.

A legitimate investigation that involved Trump's private attorney???? LOL, Try again.

Old 09-25-2019, 08:34 AM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Uh, he is asking for help in uncovering an issue with the son of somebody who might be running against him next year.

It is so obvious you'd have to be blind not to see it.

Old 09-25-2019, 08:36 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,799,670 times
This is going to do only 2 things.....
1) Get Biden out of the race
2) Give Trump 4 more years....

Old 09-25-2019, 08:36 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
I gotta say...this makes the Democrats look like they have egg on their face. I just read it....this is honestly nothing.

What am I missing?
Well, judging by the TDS responses in this thread since I and others have linked the transcript, apparently the Chief Executive speaking to other Chief Executives about things perfectly within Chief Executive purview is now impeachable?

What you are missing is the partisan lenses that make you view everything Trump does to be a criminal act. If you were wearing those glasses, the "truth" would be clear enough.

And now the narrative goalposts have been moved off quid pro quo and to simply "negotiating to have his political rival damaged." Thing is, if the DNC and Clinton campaign hiring of Fusion GPS and foreign powers to find dirt on trump in 2016 isn't a problem, why is a Chief Executive talking to another Chief Executive about Chief Executive stuff suddenly a problem?

Old 09-25-2019, 08:38 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Why would trump suddenly want to investigate Biden's son?

Old 09-25-2019, 08:38 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So, where is the smoking gun for impeaching Trump in all of this?

"High crimes and misdemeanors"
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
He is asking the leader of a foreign nation for help in finding dirt on the son of his potential political opponent, obviously to help his re-election bid.

Duh.
Anyone notice he didn't ask for help in investigating Beto O' Rourke? Or Tulsi Gabbard? Or Andrew Yang? You know, candidates who can't win the nomination? How odd, considering Trump is so confident he will win himself

Old 09-25-2019, 08:39 AM

352 posts, read 518,723 times
Quote:

What am I missing?
This is what denial looks like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies