Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 08:52 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Did you not read these sentences? It seems you did not:

"there were approximately a dozen White House officials who listened to the call"

Plus:

"a State Department official, Mr. T. Ulrich Brechbuhl, also listened in on the call"

Did he get his information from them...prove it if he/she did....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2019, 08:53 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
The private would go to his immediate superior. an NCO in his own company. He would not ask his buddy who transferred into another company to lodge his complaint for him...………..
Except that, the situation under discussion is not akin to "ask[ing] his buddy who transferred into another company to lodge his complaint for him."

The situation under discussion is akin to the private going to his immediate superior. Why? Because that's what the proper procedure is.

In this case, the proper procedure was for the people complaining about Trump's phone call to complain to the CIA White House operative. Which is exactly what they did.

Old 09-26-2019, 08:57 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Let's say a Private in the Army has a complaint about the cleanliness of the toilets in the barracks.

If a Private in the Army has a complaint about the cleanliness of the toilets in the barracks, does he go out and call a reporter from the local newspaper to broadcast the news to the world about the condition of the toilets in the barracks?

No.

There are proper, written procedures and a chain of command which that Private is supposed to follow if he has a complaint.

Same as in the White House, and most everywhere else for that matter.

If they are in the room with the president, they are not Army privates....they are well seasoned in their job.

Old 09-26-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
O.K., great, was his testimony based on that or was it based on people who he was not even sure were in the room?
Why is it necessary for people to physically be in the room with Trump when he was on the phone? They were listening in on the conversation - physical presence is unnecessary to hear what was being said.

I cannot believe I even have to point that out!

Here is what the whisteblower wrote:

"Multiple White House officials with direct knowledge of the call informed me that, after an initial exchange of pleasantries, the President used the remainder of the call to advance his personal interests."

It cannot be ascertained from that passage whether those "Multiple White House officials with direct knowledge of the call," were some of the dozen or so people who listened in on the call or not. It says, "direct" knowledge of the call ... which could mean they themselves listened in, or they heard from somebody who listened in.

At this point we simply don't know. I presume further information will eventually arise.

Old 09-26-2019, 09:01 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Never heard of this site. Fake News!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Conservative Tree House. LOL

Keep up the good work.
Do you two not know how to click a link?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/26/u...tleblower.html

And:

https://twitter.com/markberman/statu...80864922800128

Before you spew "fake news" be careful: He's a national reporter for the WaPo.

And:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...y-trump-243548

Liberal enough for you?

And:

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...council-report

The article does state that it's a theory, but that the profile fits.

Or does the left need everything spoon fed to them?

Old 09-26-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If they are in the room with the president, they are not Army privates....they are well seasoned in their job.
Wow, that was completely over your head!

I can't believe you don't even know what an analogy is!

Old 09-26-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
... My beef is with who gave him the information to lodge the complaint about in the first place. Stand up and be counted...
I'm sure we'll eventually hear more about some of them.

But those people, too, were following the correct procedure. They were the Army Privates in my analogy. If they had a complaint, they had certain procedures to follow, and as far as we know right now, they followed them correctly.

Old 09-26-2019, 09:48 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Because, as I just said, that was the proper procedure to follow.

Will I need to say that again?

Just in case ... What transpired, was the proper procedure to follow.

Hope that's clear now.
No one other than you (including those who want to agree with you) has any idea what you're talking about.

Old 09-27-2019, 06:01 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,250 times
So somebody VERY Close to Trump, where actively moving these transcripts AND others he has had into a Secret database, used only for covert operations, human intel sources and other superduper secret intelligence gathering capabilities.

They where moving transcripts of his talks with foreign leaders about something HE, PRIVATLY sought to benefit from.
NOT America... Using Military aid as leverage against a country under attack from Russia.

So, people VERY Close to Trump, knew these talks with Ukrainian President AND others where very damaging.. and hid them in the most guarded US intelligence database.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:18 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
So never mind that the allegations were investigated by the I.G. for the intelligence community and deemed urgent and credible. Never mind that Trump ordered his aids to bury the call in a super secret server meant for sensitive intelligence vs a criminal cover up. It will all come out in the impeachment inquiry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies