Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 06:41 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Silly question: Does this law not allowing cooperation violate FEDERAL law? Shouldnt the sheriff be suspended?
If the law was aimed at private citizens, youd be correct. But states cannot be made to enforce federal law and can choose to prevent state employees from enforcing federal law. Its a part of the anti commandeering principle inherent in the 10th Amendment. Still, shame on every sanctuary city Dem politician who supports such ridiculous and dangerous policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2019, 06:42 AM

62,960 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Looks like Democrats are now suspending deputies who notify Immigrations and Customs enforcement when an illegal alien has a warrant out.

Fairfax county police responded to a car accident and it was found that ICE had a warrant out for his arrest for missing a deportation hearing. The sheriff's deputy contacted ICE which is a violation of the policy that limits ICE cooperation.

Interesting how if ICE issues a warrant and a sheriff deputies notifies ICE that they now are suspended in certain jurisdictions with Democratic sheriffs.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...nforce-warrant

https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/01/f...-car-accident/
Unbelievable! When will this madness end?

Old 10-02-2019, 06:42 AM

50,295 posts, read 47,056,299 times
As typical for any illegal, there were a ton of other things they could have been detained for. Identity theft being one. No license and no insurance are two more. How can a LEO release someone they have no idea who they are. Ridiculous. They could have committed a mass murder in another Country.

Old 10-02-2019, 06:47 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
As typical for any illegal, there were a ton of other things they could have been detained for. Identity theft being one. No license and no insurance are two more. How can a LEO release someone they have no idea who they are. Ridiculous. They could have committed a mass murder in another Country.
It's better that a violentvfellon who may harm citizens be released than one illegal be deported.

Old 10-02-2019, 06:48 AM

1,265 posts, read 445,340 times
Isn't the officer considered to be a whistleblower and has protections under the whistleblower laws?

Old 10-02-2019, 06:53 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
ICE should hire him, give him a big raise and then he'd also qualify for a Federal Pension.

Win - Win for everyone.

Except the Taxpayer Citizens of that County. They come last.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:05 PM

5,172 posts, read 4,947,721 times
Aren't all police offers sworn to protect the Constitution? It's past time for the Federal Government to start arresting and charging the leadership (governors,mayors, council members, Police Chiefs, etc.) of sanctuary states, counties, and cities for obstruction of justice.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:07 PM

1,265 posts, read 445,340 times
Oat​​​​​h of Office

I (state your name), do solemnly swear (or affirm), that I will support the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution and laws of the State of Virginia, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same, and defend them against enemies, foreign and domestic, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge, the duties of a peace officer, to the best of my ability, so help me God.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:14 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
If the law was aimed at private citizens, youd be correct. But states cannot be made to enforce federal law and can choose to prevent state employees from enforcing federal law. Its a part of the anti commandeering principle inherent in the 10th Amendment. Still, shame on every sanctuary city Dem politician who supports such ridiculous and dangerous policies.
Thank you for an actual answer instead of... well you know. I disagree with the sheriff but thank you for a legal basis.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:16 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
I couldnt believe the Police Chief of Fairfax County would betray his law enforcement officers and not expect to be called out on it.

I called his office and always got a Mailbox is Full message. 703-246-2195 can't take any more calls! Huh? Seriously?

I then drove to the majestic Fairfax County Government Center and found the building where the Police Chief hides.

I wasn't allowed into the building. The guards told me to make an appointment. LOL! As if.

So on the way home I went to a regional FCPD safety center and they gave the the location of an actual local Police Station for Annandale. They said call this number and voice your support for the officer that was screwed.

Apparently the Chief gets his marching orders from local politicians, rather than follow the law.

This is why we're headed for a dangerous time, when political cops no longer support the beat cops.
Wake up America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies