Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2019, 10:38 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Sure. If you want to argue that the Democrats are using the whistleblower complaint to advance their politically-motivated hopes to impeach Trump, I'll hear that argument. But this thread is suggesting that the whistleblower was wrong to go to the House Intelligence Committee for guidance and futher that Schiff somehow concocted or conspired with the whistleblower in the filing of his/her complaint, neither of which appears to be true. Even if Schiff got some wind of the whistleblower complaint early, there is nothing nefarious about it given the circumstances, nor does it change the contents of the complaint itself.
Bears repeating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2019, 10:38 AM

17,617 posts, read 6,903,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Interesting how the narrative has changed from "Absolutely nothing untoward happened" to "They got their evidence in a sneaky, underhanded way!"
It hasn't changed. Both statements are true.

The Democrats are simply stupid enough to concoct a story that is a nothingburger. They can do that because they know their lemminglike base will accept whatever they are told to accept at face value.

Old 10-03-2019, 10:39 AM

8,497 posts, read 3,338,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
TY. The DNI website says a wb can disclose information to an 'authorized recipient' :

1) a government supervisor in the employee`s chain of command, up to and including the head of the employing agency;
2) the IG of the employing agency or IC Element;
3) the Director of National Intelligence (DNI);
4) the ICIG;
5) an employee designated by any of the above officials for the purpose of receiving such disclosures. Authorized recipients are those individuals who can correct the wrongdoing that is reported to them.

https://www.dni.gov/ICIG-Whistleblower/what-is.html

I don't see Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee on the list. I guess an employee of the CIA just didn't know he could give the information to the ICIG and needed Schiff's office to help him figure that out and at the same time unintentionally gave Schiff a heads-up on the complaint.

I'm not trying to absolve Trump of anything, but I'm not naĂŻve enough to pretend there aren't connections between the wb, Schiff, and the overall impeach Trump, resistance movement.
A quick look that I'm unable to copy-and-paste shows (page 4) that: To Whom Do I Report Wrongdoing include "A congressional intelligence committee or a member of a congressional intelligence committee consistent with specific reporting procedures summarized on the IC IG website" followed by a link that I did not further check.
https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/...stleblower.PDF

The above includes language that a WB need not first follow chain-of-command when reporting. In this case, the WB did attempt to use a command chain turning first to the C.I.A. GC. Then only consulted House Intel for advice when he/she became aware the GC had forwarded the Complaint to the WH (which was the complaint subject). House Intel advice to hire an attorney and file with the IG appears beyond reproach.

Keep checking but from this it's difficult to discern wrongdoing.

EDITED - See TedLimey provided the same cite. You appear to present a different document (looking quickly) that contains conflicting language? That there's potential confusion is hardly a surprise. What appears clear is that House Intel did not accept the Complaint. But referred the WB on.

Is the story any more complicated than a WB reviewed online guidance (whether or not comprehensive or clear to the WB). Then followed To Whom Do I Report Wrongdoing. Next House Intel finally directed the WB to the most appropriate authority. (The C.I.A in consultation with the WH did not.)

Last edited by EveryLady; 10-03-2019 at 11:36 AM..

Old 10-03-2019, 10:41 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It hasn't changed. Both statements are true.

The Democrats are simply stupid enough to concoct a story that is a nothingburger. They can do that because they know their lemminglike base will accept whatever they are told to accept at face value.
If that is true, you all should be welcoming and fully cooperating with the investigation right?

So why is Trump tweeting up a storm and acting like an unhinged despot? He should be pleased as punch.

Old 10-03-2019, 11:15 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It's quite telling that you did not apply this standard to Adam Schiff when he was parading on the nightly news for 2 years claiming/lying that he HAD EVIDENCE of Russian collusion.

The liberal double standard never ceases to amaze.
Adam Schiff is the Whistle Blower. No one else will fall on Adam Schiff's sword.
There will be no "Whistle Blower" coming to testify. No one is willing to take the fall for Adam Schiff's latest hoax.

Old 10-03-2019, 11:54 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Adam Schiff is the Whistle Blower. No one else will fall on Adam Schiff's sword.
There will be no "Whistle Blower" coming to testify. No one is willing to take the fall for Adam Schiff's latest hoax.
You focus on the whistle blower because you can't defend Trump's phone call. You know, the transcript that HE released and that HE does not dispute.

That part where he specifically asked Ukraine to intervene in our election by investigating his 2020 rival.

AND then that part where he asked China to do the same. Just today.

Old 10-03-2019, 12:06 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Interesting how the narrative has changed from "Absolutely nothing untoward happened" to "They got their evidence in a sneaky, underhanded way!"
uhm... no... "absolutely nothing untoward happened" remains the narrative. That has been stated TODAY.

"they got their evidence in a sneaky underhanded way!" isn't exactly what is also being said but even if we stipulate that this also being said, that doesn't mean the narrative has changed.

both things can be fact. both things are being said.

but the second part is more like "they coordinated this attack and it was sneeky and underhanded and it failed because there is no "there, there".

As the President says "The call was perfect" AND the democrats did something nasty and underhanded to advance a false claim.

Old 10-03-2019, 12:09 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
If that is true, you all should be welcoming and fully cooperating with the investigation right?

So why is Trump tweeting up a storm and acting like an unhinged despot? He should be pleased as punch.
1. Trump has in fact released the transcript. that's called cooperation. period.

2. If I were being persecuted for political purpose, I would be as angry as the president. I AM in fact THAT angry at the left because THIS is political persecution.

3. I am angry at everyone on the left that isn't standing up and stating outright that your side is politically persecuting the president.

Old 10-03-2019, 12:13 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,124,869 times
Adam Schifface is the new Blasey Ford. Same mental illness, different target. That's all. Wonder how much Soros paid him for this stunt.

Old 10-03-2019, 12:14 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
1. Trump has in fact released the transcript. that's called cooperation. period.

2. If I were being persecuted for political purpose, I would be as angry as the president. I AM in fact THAT angry at the left because THIS is political persecution.

3. I am angry at everyone on the left that isn't standing up and stating outright that your side is politically persecuting the president.

Then why is Pompeo not cooperating?

Why can't Trump control himself and just let his actions speak for themselves?

I'm sorry you are feeling angry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies