Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 10:43 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,224,169 times

Advertisements

Does this mean that I will have to search the store for Goya chick peas?
They are the best you know.

Old 10-08-2019, 03:57 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delunsa View Post
I know. So are their black beans.
Black beans are one of the few foods that cannot be racist.

Old 10-09-2019, 06:38 AM

2,361 posts, read 2,538,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Any immigrant who is offended by a grocery store's conscientious attempt to accommodate them can get the hell out of my country for all I care.

That said, I suspect for every one immigrant who is thus offended, there at least 1,000 patronizing woke-tards who are offended on their behalf.
I’ve always believed, based on my experience representing them as entrepreneurs, that immigrants, especially the Indian, Vietnamese, or Chinese (the nationalities I tended to represent, just by who wanted my services) represented the best of America, willing to work their a**es off to make lives for themselves and their families. And every time I’ve been on the ethnic food aisles, I was reminded of my positive experiences with them.

So this article both depresses me and p***es me off. I’m inclined to agree with you.

I guess it proves that we can “improve” on nature in one way— snowflakes now come in all colors.

Old 10-09-2019, 10:46 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,163,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
I’ve always believed, based on my experience representing them as entrepreneurs, that immigrants, especially the Indian, Vietnamese, or Chinese (the nationalities I tended to represent, just by who wanted my services) represented the best of America, willing to work their a**es off to make lives for themselves and their families. And every time I’ve been on the ethnic food aisles, I was reminded of my positive experiences with them.

So this article both depresses me and p***es me off. I’m inclined to agree with you.

I guess it proves that we can “improve” on nature in one way— snowflakes now come in all colors.

Absolutely! My wife is Asian and identifies her ethnic race as a badge of honor. So if there is an "Asian Aisle" over at Safeway or wherever it's NOT an insult to her in the least bit. Haha she probably looks at all the other aisles thinking "oh I bet all of you other aisles wish you could be Asian too."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies