Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2019, 01:27 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
That is where we differ. I don't believe that Obama had any history of lying as Trump does.

I realize the extreme right is emotionally vested in making Obama appear as dishonest as Trump, but he's not, and any really honest Republican would say the same. We've all heard the "keep your doctor" lie (and I disagree that it was an intentional lie) as Republicans call it. And Obama owned up to it--didn't blame it on someone in his cabinet or in the opposition party. What else? Trump is up to about 15,000 notable lies in the last couple of years. Trump is in a league of his own when it comes to lying and I think you are smart enough to know that. He's pathological.
We are getting a little off topic here, but do you include lies of omission? He tried to hide his past when it came to his antisemitic family preacher.

And then there was this photo which he managed to keep under wraps until after his election and re election. There were a lot of guys in that photo , plus the photographer, who all had to keep quiet for him in order for it not to get out.
Attached Thumbnails
Uh oh.  Elizabeth Warren caught lying about her past again.-5237e36e-2edd-4bf0-a7d2-2ac24b4df646.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
And I was about to give you the same reps for your previous comment.

Trump is a real estate developer. Embellishing goes with the territory. He tuned it to a fine art.

AFA Warren goes, I know of 2 instances of . Her NA relative and this. IMO, she believed her mom. Now there is some controversy that she used it to enhance her career. The people who do the hiring say it had no bearing. I have seen one place where IMO, her story is iffy. I'll cut her some slack until somebody makes a the case.

AFA the pregnant and fired is concerned. It could go either way. Any woman who was employed at that time in history, related to an employed woman, lived next door to an employed woman of child bearing age knows what she said is true.

My concern has nothing to do with Warren. It is people who judge yesterday's issues by today's laws.

I will not be voting in the democratic primary. All their candidates are a little too progressive for my taste.
What? You didn't like my joke?

Old 10-09-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
It's not necessarily dishonest, though. Imagine this scenario:

Woman takes teaching job, knowing there will likely be a need to pursue further certification.

Woman gets pregnant & leaves job (because she has to) & is even told they aren't going to hold the position for her.

Woman gets to thinking about pursuing further certification & decides to find a different direction.

In this very simple set of plausible incidents, and both could be true. Nothing dramatic, just a more entangled story that is honestly too familiar to a lot of women.
But the position was available to her when she got back. Given the fact that the evidence showed this coupled with the fact that that evidence is consistent with the story she, herself told, there is nothing to prove otherwise. Unless you include the NEW story in her stump speech which wreaks of self-interest.

Old 10-09-2019, 01:36 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
I'll take speculation over something that happened to Elizabeth Warren 40 years ago over the something like 12,000 lies we've seen the past three years. This speculation about Elizabeth Warren is so minor as to be laughable.

Old 10-09-2019, 01:41 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,691,766 times
It is hilarious that the trumpsters are so quick to point out a failure of memory by Sen Warren that spans more than fifty

years in two instances and yet accept, defend, and praise the 12,000 documented lies of Donald Trump.

How can you tell Trump is lying? His lips are moving.

Trump is to America what Hitler was to Germany.

Old 10-09-2019, 01:44 PM

10,069 posts, read 7,239,454 times
The school board minutes are irrelevant. School boards are political too - elected positions. No school board wants anything that looks bad for their district on their public record, nor do they willingly publicize any strife or disputes among the staff. As far as any school board is concerned, they want the public to think their district is great, one of the best in the state, all the faculty and staff love working there, are happy with their salaries and working conditions, and all get along with the administration. Any staff member who leaves the district does so amicably. That is what the minutes will reflect.

If you think I'm wrong - go look at any school board's public minutes and tell me if you find staff drama or conflict documented in them.

The key is the meeting with the principal, which was a private conversation. The only person who can confirm or deny Warren's account of what happened is the principal in question, if that person is still alive.

Old 10-09-2019, 01:51 PM

78 posts, read 37,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
It is hilarious that the trumpsters are so quick to point out a failure of memory by Sen Warren that spans more than fifty

years in two instances and yet accept, defend, and praise the 12,000 documented lies of Donald Trump.

Trump is to America what Hitler is to Germany? Im going to guess youve never had any family members die in the Holocaust. I am happy for you. Your naivity and innocence has been preserved. btw Obamas policy had more people killed than Trumps ever did.

Old 10-09-2019, 01:53 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
Haha...didn't you guys get the memo? If a politicians lips are moving that normally means they are lying.

Old 10-09-2019, 02:00 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I saw that clip recently. How the hell did we get to this place in our country of victim obsession and how this group or that group is a victim. Yeah, victims happen. What does her setting up the false narrative of her being a victim of the Patriarchy get for her? Sympathy? Does that translate into votes? Is this victim narrative part of the larger game of keeping everyone at each others necks, and therefore easier to separate out and to pander to? I wish I could figure this stuff out.

I really scratch my head sometimes at how people operate.

Old 10-09-2019, 02:02 PM

1,411 posts, read 565,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post

Gee, the comparing Trump to Hitler trope; haven't heard that one before.
The usual go to for the historically ignorant and intellectually challenged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies