Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 05:24 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,585 posts, read 17,927,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
At least second degree murder if you ask me based on the video.

What right does a cop have to go up to a window of a home and tell someone inside the home to put up their hands or he will fire through the window?

WTF?
The article above stated there was a gun found in the home, but it's unclear if she was holding it at the time.

The wee hours of the morning, she hears someone at her front door and then hears him wandering around in her backyard, opening her back gate, I'd say that's good reason to get your gun, if you have one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2019, 05:26 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The article above stated there was a gun found in the home, but it's unclear if she was holding it at the time.

The wee hours of the morning, she hears someone at her front door and then hears him wandering around in her backyard, opening her back gate, I'd say that's good reason to get your gun, if you have one.
Indeed, even if she was holding a gun on the other side of the window, the shooting would still not have been justified. He never even announced he was police before shooting.

Old 10-12-2019, 05:26 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
With the scanty info provided a thread is a nice blank scroll we can all fill up with our prejudice

Old 10-12-2019, 05:27 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
She should have complied.

Necessary emoji apparently:

Old 10-12-2019, 05:28 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,184 times
Quote:

What right does a cop have to go up to a window of a home and tell someone inside the home to put up their hands or he will fire through the window?

WTF?
Unless that person is a suspect in a crime, which this person is not according to the article, they have no right to do so.

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Neighbor was too nosy also imo.
Neighbors - good neighbors - often call the police or relative to do a wellness check on someone who is older and lives alone. How is that nosy?

Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,585 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Would you have complied if he didn't announce he was a cop? He just said put your hands in the air, in your backyard, at 2 a.m.? It's highly unlikely she could see him. She's in a lit home, he's out there crouching around in the dark.

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
She may not have known he was police, since he never said he was.

And you definitely should not comply with just anyone that comes up to your house and holds a gun on you at 2 am.

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:

WTF?

Again, he had no information about any criminal activity in said home, even alleged activity.
Not only that but he went to the front door and never knocked nor called out for the homeowner. Looks very bad for the officer.

Old 10-12-2019, 05:29 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Yep. And Texas has the Castle Doctrine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies