Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 07:41 PM

154 posts, read 597,733 times

Advertisements

It's starting to look like the gov is gonna pass some bailotu legislation MOD CUT. I bought a house with an ARM mortgage just like a ton of other people except I bought within a budget of "worst interest rate possible".

Why is it that I've got to subsudize a bailout of people who either got burned trying to keep up with the Joneses, or didn't do their homework, or were speculating, or.... the list goes on. Why does the guy who was responsible through this have to pay for it??? Grrrrrr. I think some people tend to learn lessons the hard way, let them be homeless for a while, live out of their car and reflect back on what they did wrong. That's right, I said it.

-Rant off. :P

Last edited by NewToCA; 04-21-2008 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 08:02 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,969,781 times
Can you link to the proposed bailout legislation? I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:12 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,560,914 times
perhaps the bailout of Bear Stearns should anger you just as much? Right now there are proposals out there on helping foreclosure victims who were duped through criminal means (fraud,etc.) and those people should get some help. As for the others who knew what they were doing and made bad decesions well let them sink or swim.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:22 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,894,135 times
I don't like the fact that Bear Stearns was bailed out, but whoever made that decision must have been taking into consideration the collapse of the entire housing industry and all those who depend on it. Right now, realtors are hurting, furniture people, landscapers, blinds suppliers, hardwood suppliers, appliance distributors, roofers, masons, carpenters...I mean, small people who just want to make a living will be out of jobs. I feel worse for them than those who made a conscious decision to get into risky loans. Their livelihoods are affected by something they had nothing to do with.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:25 PM

154 posts, read 597,733 times
Momentum builds for foreclosure relief - Apr. 18, 2008

Seems that something will eventually get passed, esp as we get closer to election season. What sucks is that there'll be no differentiation between those duped and those dumb, they'll all get something or all get nothing... kind of the worst of both.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:27 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,723,112 times
because your a sucker just like me! Now you'll get to watch non paying turds have a nicer house then the one you got (just like me) and get away without paying what they signed up for................

Old 04-21-2008, 08:28 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,648,565 times
Miami is right. Why not be mad about Bear Stearns. You are ok with big brother bailing out big business but not little peons citizens? Why are you mad at a fantasy that you the tax payer will bail out those poor sods. There are no proposals for any tax payer bail outs.

Listen here. I hate your govt. I have no use for them. But since we have to live with them then I have to say that govt should have some usefulness in our society. One of those usefulness are to protect our economy. That includes a total melt down of our housing situation which we are experiencing now.

Would you like to just let all your neighbors walk away from their homes and then they become dilapidated and occupied by vagrants? Then what will your dump be worth then? Some one has to do something and just letting the day go by is not doing it.

There has to be an idea to fix this mess. I have no answers either. Where I live, every thirteenth home is in some stage of foreclosure. More then any place on earth. I too am upside down on my home and I have a good mortgage. Do I stay or do I walk? I did nothing wrong. Neither did all your neighbors who you are taking aim at. Good for you that you can afford your new adjusted rate. You are truly blessed. Most of us are not. Have a damn heart and be human.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:32 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,211,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
because your a sucker just like me! Now you'll get to watch non paying turds have a nicer house then the one you got (just like me) and get away without paying what they signed up for................
Yeah, I think that there is going to be quite a bit of resentment out there when a bill is finally passed. I'm in agreement with those who resent it, and believe it to be unfair.

I would agree to letting those with subprime mortgages refinance to the current 30 year fixed rate at their CURRENT OUTSTANDING LOAN BALANCE, but not a reduction in their debt.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:10 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,402 times
Why should they get a special consideration? Everyone is responsible for their own financial decisions. Some people make poor credit card decisions, should we bail them out too? The BearSterns bailout is atrocious, the government should also let corporations suffer the consequences from poor decisions and let the market work naturally, another corporation would've taken its place.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:15 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,648,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Everyone is responsible for their own financial decisions. .
Except the USA govt. They can make all the mistakes they please with no consequences. It is afterall our money they are playing with, not theirs. They get paid no matter how bad they screw up. We dont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies