Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 02:54 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,419,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
50,000 sounds like a lot, but I'll bet medical staffs burn through them pretty quickly. We probably need millions. Anyway, it's good to see these various businesses chipping in.

Its 50,000 by Friday, sand it sounds like he wants to produce that many on a daily basis. While its still a small number vs's the need, its still a large enough number to be a significant contribution.

So while we may disagree with the mans politics and him attending the daily mini trump rally nonsense, he is doing something pretty good.

Old 03-31-2020, 03:33 PM

19,254 posts, read 16,769,130 times
It's good to see businesses working to help make much needed medical supplies here. Proves to me that we don't make enough of our products and that needs to change. A small wine company in my city is currently making test kits.

I also think it's shameful for the media to mock Mike Lindell after he pledged to make masks for our citizens.

Old 03-31-2020, 03:51 PM

21,495 posts, read 10,615,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't think libs know or care who he is.

It's the circus/promotional activity around the virus crisis that is disconcerting.

I'm sure if it was a Democrat President with some liberal millionaire hawking his wares and spouting his ideology because he gave money to help in a crisis y'all would be as critical.

This guy isn't giving these masks for free is he?

He is offering his facility to make them and sell them .....to the people who need them.

WOW what a generous soul.
No, I don’t think they would. This is truly a new low. I know people on the right get mad about billionaires like Tom Steyer and George Soros, matched by people on the left getting mad about the Koch Brothers, but I don’t think anyone would be mad if GE or some other manufacturers known for left politics announced they were dedicating 70% of their manufacturing to making face masks for healthcare workers.

I don’t even understand the animosity really. What has he done to get people’s ire up about this? Because he advertises on Fox? Because he praised Trump? I’m truly confused. Besides the religion, he is doing what people on the left usually praise. He was a drug addict who recovered and built a huge business where he hires American workers, focusing on giving ex-convicts and recovered drug addicts a second chance.

Old 03-31-2020, 03:53 PM

21,495 posts, read 10,615,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
50,000 sounds like a lot, but I'll bet medical staffs burn through them pretty quickly. We probably need millions. Anyway, it's good to see these various businesses chipping in.
He’s going to be making 50,000 masks per day.

Old 03-31-2020, 03:55 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,419,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
No, I don’t think they would. This is truly a new low. I know people on the right get mad about billionaires like Tom Steyer and George Soros, matched by people on the left getting mad about the Koch Brothers, but I don’t think anyone would be mad if GE or some other manufacturers known for left politics announced they were dedicating 70% of their manufacturing to making face masks for healthcare workers.

I don’t even understand the animosity really. What has he done to get people’s ire up about this? Because he advertises on Fox? Because he praised Trump? I’m truly confused. Besides the religion, he is doing what people on the left usually praise. He was a drug addict who recovered and built a huge business where he hires American workers, focusing on giving ex-convicts and recovered drug addicts a second chance.
A lot of folks are offended by his politics, and his appearance the other day at trumps mini rallies aka "the daily coronovirus briefing" where he told people it was all about them not following god.

I agree with those people BTW. Keep your religious nonsense to those who care. Its not most Americans listening to a pandemic briefing. He can get stuffed with that nonsense.

But people then act like everything he does is objectionable, which is unwise. I for one appreciate that he is making masks at the moment.

Old 03-31-2020, 04:28 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,167,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/stat...43719716356096

Of course people mock him because he did not 'intelligently' off-shore his manufacturing capacity to sweatshops in Bangladesh to lower production costs and keep prices low so people keep buying.

Instead he owns a plant in Minnesota where he hires Americans and pays them a living wage with humane work standards. That's too much for the libertarian ideologues who think global capitalism is all that matters and cheap materialism will drive us into greater harmony (false).

We can't have an industrial policy in America because we don't have an industrial base. People respond arrogantly to Lindell by saying every other company has made the same promise and he is late in joining.

Guess what? This isn't 1941, none of those companies have any production capacity, not Tesla, not apple, not GE or GM (yes, even them), not Facebook, nor Amazon, or any of these modern 'titans' of business.

They all just file orders for masks from their third party manufacturers in Asia not knowing the functionality of the masks.

Americans delude themselves into thinking we could win world war 2 today with the military industrial complex being more reliant on China and companies producing goods abroad. Sure liberals will talk about globalism and libertarians will lecture us about the cost ratio and how we hire more consultants and financial advisers or whatever. That stuff is as empty and useless as their grand rhetoric.

Libertarians like the CATO institute who have had a monopoly on our political discourse for that last fifty years should be jailed, that is the extent of their betrayal. And politicians from both parties still buy their lies hook line and sinker.
Just found out..those are not the masks the doctor's actually need. And they turned this into a campaign and infomercial for himself and Trump. And I hear that his close friends and associates say that this pillow person lies a lot and might not even follow thru. This pillow person laid off workers after the tax cut. Another con artist. He needs to be watched.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 03-31-2020 at 04:37 PM..

Old 03-31-2020, 04:50 PM

11,881 posts, read 5,861,145 times
I'm not a practicing Christian but am appreciative of how he's helping out. You need to learn to accept people even if you don't agree with them. That's part of what Democrats are suppose to believe in - although it's not shown on these forums by Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies