Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 06:50 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,482,638 times

Advertisements

I know the U.S. Gov't backs Israel unapologetically at times, but has calling J. Carter a bigot crossed the line for U.S. standards, or is it another distraction to ponder over while the real issues get ignored?

U.S. fumes after Israeli envoy to UN brands Carter 'a bigot' - Haaretz - Israel News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 06:52 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
The clown should have stayed home..............

Old 04-27-2008, 07:01 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
you know I am really sick of people calling Carter every name in the book simply because he talks to people we don't wish to talk to. President Carter brokered a peace between Israel & Egypt that has lasted for over 30 years which is practically all of my adult lifetime. Why should we question his purposes when it is obvious that he has influence in that part of the world?

Old 04-27-2008, 07:09 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,726,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
I know the U.S. Gov't backs Israel unapologetically at times, but has calling J. Carter a bigot crossed the line for U.S. standards, or is it another distraction to ponder over while the real issues get ignored?

U.S. fumes after Israeli envoy to UN brands Carter 'a bigot' - Haaretz - Israel News

Carter is an idiot...........

Old 04-27-2008, 07:11 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
you know I am really sick of people calling Carter every name in the book simply because he talks to people we don't wish to talk to. President Carter brokered a peace between Israel & Egypt that has lasted for over 30 years which is practically all of my adult lifetime. Why should we question his purposes when it is obvious that he has influence in that part of the world?
His "influence" wasn't worth a tinker's darn when Iran's islamic leader, with the help of "students" raided the US Embassy in Tehran and held captives until the day he was booted out of office. Carter. Like the beans, all air, no substance.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:23 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
Delta well Reagan negotiated with these "Iranians" since the hostages were released the day he became President. How convienent huh?

Old 04-27-2008, 07:27 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,482,638 times
Quote:
Delta well Reagan negotiated with these "Iranians" since the hostages were released the day he became President. How convienent huh?

True, only to have Bruce Springsteen's song "Born in the U.S.A" being constantly played......

Old 04-27-2008, 07:35 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,269 times
Quote:
Dang right, too bad Mista Jimma couldn't have done it his own self. There is no love lost from me on Jimma, he should go find that swimmin' rabbit. That would make a whole lot more sense in the real world, you know, stay home, tend your garden. I was "in" BTW when he went out, a very, very happy day for me. YMMV.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:51 AM

564 posts, read 1,727,141 times
Carter tells it as it is. Just because he hasn't been duked into thinking that every action Israel commits is good and that the only good Palestinian is a dead Palestinian like many other westerners believe doesn't mean he's wrong. He has an opinion, a very rational one at that.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:07 AM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
Carter tells it as it is. Just because he hasn't been duked into thinking that every action Israel commits is good and that the only good Palestinian is a dead Palestinian like many other westerners believe doesn't mean he's wrong. He has an opinion, a very rational one at that.
Carter is a typical liberal moron...thinking that you can negotiate with and appease our enemies. Why does he think that? Because he feels better if it's true...which is all the reason he needs, regardless of the reality of the situation.

The peace lasted between Egypt and Israel because the Egyptian leadership is slightly less fanatical in their Islamic tendencies and were able to see that they got their heinies whipped and any rematch would likely have the same result. The fact that Carter got involved is purely coincidental. Much like the French believing that they won WW2...yes, they happened bo e on the winning side in the end, but they really didn't necessarily have anything to do with the victory.

BTW...I think you ment "duped" rather than "duked", which really doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies