Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 08:25 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,784,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Lol, you didn't even have an excuse....so you made up a scenario "most likely" where she is facing right-wing attacks lmao.

FWIW Nobody is going to defund the police and if they did, they'd have city paid private security for them and theirs. (Hmmmm sounds kind like parts of south america)

All you're getting right now is a bunch of democratic leadership giving the same verbal gymnastics followed by no real action that we've seen over and over and over.

Wake me up when major metros even have rigorous body-cam procedures like my town has had for 10 years now. Can't even get that implemented with the police unions but oh your progressive leaders? Care about minorities? BS....those major metros are as bad as any little town where there are two cops and they're old buddies and are related to half the county.
Oh you mean like the cops in Shreveport who killed a guy and it took them two moths to get the edited bodycam footage to the DA?

Don’t worry though mathguy, in the matter if right wing terrorism the math has been done for you. You can look it up. There’s no terrorism like right wing terrorism.

https://www.businessinsider.com/extr...-report-2019-1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 11:15 AM

1,265 posts, read 445,586 times
So sick up the so called "TRUE PRIVLEDGED" the rich, the politicians & the so call Hollywood elites. You cant have guns but I have armed security, you cant travel but I want special permission to go on my boat and so on.

I call for a nationwide police sick out. Let them fend and protect for themselves.

Old 06-09-2020, 12:55 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Any politician that votes for disbanding or defunding the police should not be allowed to have a police detail assigned to them for any reason, including in the future. This means no police details for city council meetings, speeches, or parades also.

Old 06-09-2020, 01:07 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
In her defense she is a politician therefore she's a Marxist sociopath.

Hey, it's all I got.

*shrug*

Old 06-09-2020, 01:09 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
On a related note, I caught a blurb on NBC News earlier talking about how Houston PD were in charge of traffic/crowd control at Floyd's funeral.

Irony level 10: unlocked

Old 06-09-2020, 01:10 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,131,022 times
They do the same with gun rights too. Up in San Fransicko for example, Diane Frankenstein Feinstein does all she can to take away guns from American citizens, yet she herself has a CCP. She also has armed security in and around her residents 24/7 365 days a year. Same batch of @holes who will make burning wood in fireplaces illegal, yet they will have properties that they themselves burn wood in. At all the ski resorts with actual wood burning fireplaces, they are the same @holes that rush to have a seat right next to the fire.

Old 06-09-2020, 03:52 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times
Same thing with wealthy celeb flying to global warming meet in their private jets

Old 06-09-2020, 06:20 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Any politician that votes for disbanding or defunding the police should not be allowed to have a police detail assigned to them for any reason, including in the future. This means no police details for city council meetings, speeches, or parades also.
hear, hear. co-signed.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:01 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Oh you mean like the cops in Shreveport who killed a guy and it took them two moths to get the edited bodycam footage to the DA?

Don’t worry though mathguy, in the matter if right wing terrorism the math has been done for you. You can look it up. There’s no terrorism like right wing terrorism.

https://www.businessinsider.com/extr...-report-2019-1
See the problem here is that an intelligent assessment would be to look at per capita numbers.

It's not your fault though, I'm mathguy which means I've mastered the incredibly difficult gradeschool subject of division.

Dishonest, racist and generally low class people like to flip and flop back and forth between per capita and total numbers to push agendas. I've seen some forum users try to use per capita crime to make racist claims about blacks and then turn around and use total incidents of police abuse to show that whites have more of them.

Now personally, that bothers me. I'm sure that once you get the hang of division that some day it may bother you as well.

All the best.

P.S. I support body cams that cannot be shut-off, altered and any other shennanigans. Not sure why you're bringing up Shreveport unless you're agreeing with me about cities that allow weak protocols and loopholes on purpose and those are most common large cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies