Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 09:39 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times

Advertisements

Wahhhh, it's so hard to be white these days. Cry me a river, Brendan O'neill (the guy who wrote that piece in the OP).

I'd never heard of him, so I did a quick google search and read his wiki and his political/social views on a lot of things. Sounds like your typical nutter with a keyboard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 09:40 AM

2,180 posts, read 641,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Right - - so why are you complaining?

These threads are full of paranoid minds. NOBODY THINKS YOU KILLED GEORGE FLOYD! NOBODY IS SAYING YOU SHOULD FEEL GUILTY! JUST BE EMPATHETIC TO THE PAIN OF OTHERS!

You can't demand people be empathetic to your pain when your pain is selective.

Only the most deranged white liberals can rationalize that thought process.

Should you have empathy for the white people who feel that they are living under constant personal attack from inter-personal violence at the hands of black people? Would you consider their fear and pain valid? Do you empathize with their perspective?

Old 06-09-2020, 09:41 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Right - - so why are you complaining?

These threads are full of paranoid minds. NOBODY THINKS YOU KILLED GEORGE FLOYD! NOBODY IS SAYING YOU SHOULD FEEL GUILTY! JUST BE EMPATHETIC TO THE PAIN OF OTHERS!
Who isn't empathetic to the family of George, for what that cop did to him? I have not met anyone who does not think that cop mistreated George, or that his actions most likely caused George's death. I feel that if George had encountered any other police officer in Minnesota, he'd be alive and well today.

Geez, you people just make up these alternate realities, based on wild assumptions that people are not empathetic to what happened. Get over yourself, you are in a room all by yourself, lashing out at imaginary figments of your own imagination.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:43 AM

13,965 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Justine Damond and George Floyd were killed by the same police in the same town under the same "killer is different race than victim" criteria. Black people didn't kill Justine Damond, nor did white people kill George Floyd.

AN INDIVIDUAL killed Justine Damond. AN INDIVIDUAL killed George Floyd. The individual that killed Damond already got their comeuppance for it, and I guarantee the individual who whacked out Floyd will get theirs. DONE. Finished. End of story.

Everything past that is political hay being made by mainstream media and their financial backers in order to push a narrative that has one end goal - rid the country of the person currently serving as President of the United States. If it is doing anything beyond that, it is the base level stoking or invention of racial resentment for the purpose of political and financial rent seeking.

If people want to assign blame indirectly for the "misuse" of force by the folks who possess the monopoly on force, they should look in a mirror. If you ever voted for a politician to hold an office, you are complicit in the creation, maintenance and growth of that monopoly that is used against you. Hurting each other for everyone doing the same thing come November seems to me a really odd way of dealing with cognitive dissonance.

All these apologists, instigators, allies and activists demanding and actually carrying out the hurting of innocents "in the name of" something, and all will go to a voting booth in November to reinforce the EXACT same power structure that abuses them now...and all without even recognizing their own wretched, stinking hypocrisy while doing so.

End of the day, all anyone will have really accomplished is encourage the State to ramp up their abuses, given how we reward their abuses of power with more power, while penalizing each other for stuff none of us actually did.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
You can't demand people be empathetic to your pain when your pain is selective.

Only the most deranged white liberals can rationalize that thought process.

Should you have empathy for the white people who feel that they are living under constant personal attack from inter-personal violence at the hands of black people? Would you consider their fear and pain valid? Do you empathize with their perspective?

Agreed. White people in Alaska and Hawaii feel they are being forced to take a knee to atone for what that cop did.

Meanwhile, why is no black man or woman outside of Illinois being forced to apologize or atone for the dozen or more blacks murdered by blacks in Chicago? How about because they had not a damn thing to do with it?

Old 06-09-2020, 09:47 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Agreed. White people in Alaska and Hawaii feel they are being forced to take a knee to atone for what that cop did.

Meanwhile, why is no black man or woman outside of Illinois being forced to apologize or atone for the dozen or more blacks murdered by blacks in Chicago? How about because they had not a damn thing to do with it?
Simple, because according to the Marxist conflict theory, black people are oppressed meaning they can do no wrong. "Cops" are oppressors meaning they do nothing but wrong. The modern left are dominated by neo-Marxists and right now they are setting the narratives.....thus the stupidity we're seeing today.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Justine Damond and George Floyd were killed by the same police in the same town under the same "killer is different race than victim" criteria. Black people didn't kill Justine Damond, nor did white people kill George Floyd.

AN INDIVIDUAL killed Justine Damond. AN INDIVIDUAL killed George Floyd. The individual that killed Damond already got their comeuppance for it, and I guarantee the individual who whacked out Floyd will get theirs. DONE. Finished. End of story.

Everything past that is political hay being made by mainstream media and their financial backers in order to push a narrative that has one end goal - rid the country of the person currently serving as President of the United States. If it is doing anything beyond that, it is the base level stoking or invention of racial resentment for the purpose of political and financial rent seeking.

If people want to assign blame indirectly for the "misuse" of force by the folks who possess the monopoly on force, they should look in a mirror. If you ever voted for a politician to hold an office, you are complicit in the creation, maintenance and growth of that monopoly that is used against you. Hurting each other for everyone doing the same thing come November seems to me a really odd way of dealing with cognitive dissonance.

All these apologists, instigators, allies and activists demanding and actually carrying out the hurting of innocents "in the name of" something, and all will go to a voting booth in November to reinforce the EXACT same power structure that abuses them now...and all without even recognizing their own wretched, stinking hypocrisy while doing so.

End of the day, all anyone will have really accomplished is encourage the State to ramp up their abuses, given how we reward their abuses of power with more power, while penalizing each other for stuff none of us actually did.
George Floyd was killed in a Democrat controlled city, in a Democrat controlled state, and yet Trump is being blamed, and everyone in MN is still supposed to vote Democrat. As if voting Democrat for generations has cured anything.

Funny how nowhere are Democrats being blamed, even though these things happen in Democrat controlled cities, whether it's Baltimore or St Paul/Minneapolis.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:51 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,948,107 times
Quote:
Why do you feel guilty? Never once have I heard blacks saying "all whites are horrible/all whites need to apologize".

Yeah, I didn't kill George Floyd either. But that doesn't mean I can't have empathy for African-Americans and support them in calls for making society better. Why do conservatives equate that to guilt?
I have seen it in facebook posts and in the national and local media. Never heard the term "white people". You just aren't paying attention.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:52 AM

17,806 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I guess I will go there "there" now - because I have had this thought for awhile. I'm just going to tell the truth.

Part of this is white folks part because you have never dealt with it. You (collectively) passively sat by while this kept growing and growing.

A few white people tried to do something and sound the alarm on this - but they were labeled as crazy and racist and shoved in the corner by both white folk and black folk.

Drew Brees had an excellent opportunity to stand firm, hold his ground, and start a real discussion. He wimped out.

Limbaugh had an interview with the Breakfast Club last week. We will see where that goes.

But at some point, the truth is going to have to be accepted if any real problem solving will take place. As far as white people go, you are going to have to stop shoving the truth under the carpet.

What's the truth? Chauvin and others should be held accountable for their deeds. If you are not guilty, don't buy in to a guilty mindset.

There are other nuances of this issue out there IMO - this is only a part of the problem.
Congrats for this post. I hope you are enjoying getting attacked by your fellow conservatives. It's funny how you "get" it because you've experienced "it".

I've never experienced "it" either being a white guy. But I've watched African American friends experience "it" in real time.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:55 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,569,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Leftist world:

** Immutable characteristic (race/whiteness) = something to atone for. To examine. To blame.

** Chosen lifestyle (religion/Islam) = NOT ALL MUSLIMS! Stop maligning the majority because of the few! Islam is peace!

Leftists live in clown world, and they are trying to bring the circus to your town. Be prepared.
How unaware can Republicans be?

So the immutable characteristic of sexual orientation?

At any place a Republican can be a hypocrite, he or she will be a hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies