Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 10:21 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,393,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
You have to look at it from the perspective of our neo-Marxist friends on the left, if you are middle class, you are more privileged than the poor, thus you are an oppressor, if you are from an intact family, you are more privileged than those from broken families or those without families, thus you are an oppressor.

Our neo-Marxist friends on the left really are simple minded enough to see things as a binary like that. Try to show some sympathy for them.
It's like labeling average intelligence as gifted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 10:22 AM

15 posts, read 3,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post

If you have a privileged 401K, cash it in and give it to a black single parent family.
sigh

Old 06-09-2020, 10:23 AM

2,539 posts, read 1,043,327 times
Whites should not feel guilty for the color of their skin anymore than I should have to take responsibility for having the same skin color as most of the rioters.

Old 06-09-2020, 10:23 AM

5,207 posts, read 1,807,715 times
The current political climate has dictated that unless a person adopts a certain prescribed stance, they are racist. That stance includes making public statements supporting the BLM organization, participating in social media group behavior (like blackout Tuesday), adopting a stance of shame/criticism for America or Western Judeo-Christian values, supporting kneeling at the National Anthem, participating in large protests that tend to be linked with violence and potential virus spreading, adopting a negative stance toward law enforcement, believing in 'systemic racism' (as opposed to racism in general), taking on guilt for the behavior of others in the past, decrying one's privilege, and more.

I have problems with many of these things. For example, I am not going to donate to the organization of BLM when they seem way too comfortable with violence, and hold extremist views like 'defund the police.'

I'm also not going to be a part of tearing down Western Judeo-Christian values when they have done more good than harm, and are on a trajectory toward getting better. We need more Judeo-Christian values, not less. Every nation and religion has atrocities in their history. This is a fallen world. When we know better, we do better.

I am also not going to suddenly hate America or want the Constitution to be done away with. A member of my Church shared a meme of the Constitution burning--as if that was to be celebrated. No way will I get behind that. I think those things come from mis-placed guilt and shame, which is linked to this idea that everyone-- and everything this country stands for-- is responsible for Mr. Floyd's murder, and thus needs to be dismantled in some way.

I believe racism is an evil, ugly sin. I disavow it in myself and others. What I don't like is the way people are dictating how another person roots out racism in their own hearts, lives, and communities.

Old 06-09-2020, 10:24 AM

8,970 posts, read 2,585,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It's like labeling average intelligence as gifted.
Well yeah, that's how it works with that philosophy, you need to take everyone and bring them down to where those at the bottom are so that everyone is equal. It's why you end up with a lot of starvation and mass murder when a government is run with that philosophy.....but those naive or dumb enough to buy into it will never realize that given their shortcomings.

Old 06-09-2020, 10:29 AM

860 posts, read 324,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...-george-floyd/

"Whiteness" is the new original sin.
We are out of control with reverse racism, pandering and hatred.

Old 06-09-2020, 10:30 AM

45,873 posts, read 27,520,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I actually think it's a very small percentage of liberals who feel guilt. The rest of us know we've done nothing to feel guilty about.
That may be so... but there seems to be very little push back. And if there is, that person is tagged as a racist.

I am only reacting to what I see.

I am continuing to think through on this as events happen.

Old 06-09-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I make no apologies for things that I had nothing to do with.

Not only so I not believe in guilt by association, I don't believe that sharing a common amount of pigmentation in my skin creates any type of association in the first place.

Not only does "white guilt" punish the sons for the sins of the father.....

It punishes the son for sins that the father hasn't even been proven to be guilty of..
Punishing the son for the possible sins of the GREAT GREAT GREAT GRANDFATHER.

Old 06-09-2020, 10:32 AM

24,929 posts, read 9,673,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
"Whiteness" is the new original sin.
And yet democratic voters keep electing white people as head of their party, go figure.

Old 06-09-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno Dweller View Post
The left's twisted beliefs, one white copy kills a black man then all white cops and white citizens are guilty.
Yet they are the ones who claim Republicans are the closed minded evil ones who are racist. How can anyone not see how they work at this point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies