Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 10:34 AM

78,576 posts, read 60,772,556 times

Advertisements

Swinging racism around like a club is a pretty awful thing to do...but if it bothers anybody then suddenly THEY'RE the ones with the problem and divisive attitude.

Blast from the past folks...enjoy...because even Hillary Clinton, her supporters and campaign were all racist...until suddenly they weren't.

https://progressive.org/op-eds/obama...s.c.-campaign/

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/can-b...lary_b_9312004

Quote:
A quick trip down memory lane reveals that Clinton has a history of employing race in a divisive, cynical manner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 12:27 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,704,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
America is not racist. But it does have a racist legacy. And for a country to be steep so much in racism, its much harder for people to accept a reality where it doesn't exist.

Just for context, has only been maybe 50 years since legal discrimination was banned in this country. America has existed in the form it's in since the 1700s. So over 200 years of existence, America decided to address the racism thing in the last 50.

It's baggage. That's what's it's going to be like living in this country until people from these generations die off.

Secondly there will always be imbalance. I've realized this when I really dug deeper into drug laws. The response to crack in the 80s vs the public response to opioids now is night and day.

They made crack heads into menaces. They make meth and heroin addicts into people who need mercy from society.

There is a but imbalance there don't you think?

Now one can easily say that racism. But it's not. It's because whites are a higher population. And no official is going to criminalize the white race. Where it was done pretty casually to blacks in the 80s.

We live in a complicated society with history, baggage, vested interest, and conflicts of interest. So to make sweeping statements like the one you made just show naivete
I also don’t want to ignore the fact that racist ideology and thought took centuries, not years but centuries to propagate.

Most people even years ago, knew very little about populations far away from them. So they got their ideas of other cultures from lots of sources (magazines, books, travel, which promoted racism) or other people without ever having met someone from said culture.

For the last few centuries Western Europeans ruled the world. It didn’t have to be that way. It just was.

No everything is not racist.

Blacks and Native Americans rank last in every statistical category in almost everything that is considered to be “good,” while first in everything that is “bad.” and no it wasn’t always by deliberate or intentional actions but it’s not by accident either.

No one is saying everything is racist.

Old 06-12-2020, 12:49 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,598,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayItIsNotSo1 View Post
I would say that some Black people believing something is racist could be the result of them being "programmed" or "influenced" by the media.

Black people have historically been some of the biggest critics of media. Like seriously. Black people openly criticized the media since like the 80s. Many black people have talked about negative portrayal of black people for years. And many have said that they hate new coverage of black people, as anytime the news come into black neighborhoods its only dealing with crime and violence. Ever heard the "new reporters only interview the ignorant black guy" critique? Black people are probably the LEAST influenced by the mainstream media.

As to why black people think things are racist. Couldn't it be they've just experienced racism in their lives. Now my view of racism is very straighforward and basic. But I remember when I was younger, I worked in a mostly black department. Many of the most tenured people there were black, and struggled to get raises and promotions. Then they hired a white guy, and this white girl. Both got several raises, and the white guy got a promotion immediately.

you can always argue that the white guy got promoted because he was good at the job. But he was no better than the black staffers who struggled for years to get promotions.

I mean when stuff like thast happens it's no wonder why black people would say "America is racist".

Now I don't think America is racist. I think the people who ran that department definitely liked white people more than they liked black people. That much was certain based on how quickly the 2 white employees got promoted. The white guy got promoted, and he still didn't grasp basic job functions.

And trust me, this goes on workplaces all over the country. So America doesn't have a problem. America is not racist. Americans are racist, and are in positions to make people's lives miserable.

I personally think the solution to this is really better economic mobility. I can say as a black man I never dealth with that type of discrimination, because I'm economically mobile. I just leave a job and get a better one. I don't hang around going to war with racist management. Many blacks don't feel they have this choice. So they stick around and complain.

Old 06-12-2020, 12:59 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,749,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma21 View Post
I made a point on FB that racism exists but we are not a racist society. I got blasted with people telling we are a racist country because of how black people have been treated in this country since we brought them here as slaves from Africa. Saying we have so much more work to do. I guess having a black president who was elected twice means nothing? I posted a video from Candace Owens and Larry Elder who are both black and they said horrible things about them. But then someone posted something negative about something Michelle Obama said and was called racist. It’s hypocritical. Someone else said something positive about cops and called racist. Someone liked Tucker Carlson on their FB and was called racist. It’s just unbelievable imo. Now people changing names like Lady Antebellum changing their name because the name came from the civil war? People wanting to take down all statues, ban movies. People getting fired or stepping down because they have a different opinion or posted something years ago that someone took offense to. I’d like to know how many Black people really agree with all this? Is white privilege really a thing? I think we all have the same opportunities.
Oh believe me, you're not crazy. They are.

Oh how far the Left has fallen!! They used to be about freedom, freedom of speech, equal rights for all, etc. Now they've turned into a non-theistic religious cult that will virtually burn heretics at the stake for wrong-think. They punish everyone doesn't agree with them however they can. They figure out who you are and where you live. They'll come to your house. They'll to get you fired from your job. They'll get banks and online payment services like PayPal to kick you to the curb. They'll get advertisers to abandon you. They will literally beat the **** out anyone daring to wear a MAGA hat in their presence. Everyone who disagrees with them is a racist, a misogynist, a bigot, a Nazi, a fascist ... and the list goes on. Even if you are provably none of those things, they will call you those things anyways until everyone starts believing it and just assumes that's what you really are. The Left have now turned into the most hateful group of people imaginable, all hiding behind the incredibly ironic guise of fighting against hate.

Old 06-12-2020, 01:06 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,912,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma21 View Post
I made a point on FB that racism exists but we are not a racist society. I got blasted with people telling we are a racist country because of how black people have been treated in this country since we brought them here as slaves from Africa. Saying we have so much more work to do. I guess having a black president who was elected twice means nothing? I posted a video from Candace Owens and Larry Elder who are both black and they said horrible things about them. But then someone posted something negative about something Michelle Obama said and was called racist. It’s hypocritical. Someone else said something positive about cops and called racist. Someone liked Tucker Carlson on their FB and was called racist. It’s just unbelievable imo. Now people changing names like Lady Antebellum changing their name because the name came from the civil war? People wanting to take down all statues, ban movies. People getting fired or stepping down because they have a different opinion or posted something years ago that someone took offense to. I’d like to know how many Black people really agree with all this? Is white privilege really a thing? I think we all have the same opportunities.
You put a lot of thought into your comments. Just so readers know, I'm an old, white, deplorable, ignorant, cracker. Retired Army, and appreciate the military, law enforcement, our Flag, our National Anthem, our first responders, the rule of law, secure borders, true freedom of speech, and God. I saved God for last because I wanted people to keep reading. I lean Republican, but ALWAYS vote for who I think will do the BEST JOB! Obviously, Dear OP, you just don't understand, or won't accept that ONLY white people are racist! Black people are incapable of being racist due to the fact that they are black. It's all about science. Also white folks are the only race committing break-ins, because ALL ads for security systems, cameras, etc., on TV, and in print, show ONLY white people as the thug(s) breaking in. It's all science.
Accordingly, no blacks are racist, and responses from blacks will reflect that to be true. You'll see.

Old 06-12-2020, 01:14 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,912,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
First off, do you HONESTLY think ANYONE is saying that EVERYTHING is racist? That means that the sun is racist. The moon is racist (it is kind of whitish though...lol). The sky is racist.....except for the dark clouds...dark clouds can't be racist....lol. Just kidding with that....but do you get what I mean? Why do you have to go the the FURTHEST extreme?

Obviously you will win that debate that EVERYTHING is not racist....but can you win a debate that MANY things are not racist?
All things not black are racist---just like only Black Lives Matter! Admit it!

Old 06-12-2020, 01:23 PM

2,236 posts, read 2,411,904 times
Yeah, anything you say can be considered racist nowadays, so it's lost all its meaning. I honestly don't give a f-ck anymore. It's getting so ridiculous. Some people actually think that as long as you're white, you will always be racist.

Old 06-12-2020, 02:53 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,842,106 times
Not everything, no. But there is a lot of it out there. It appears the majority are wanting to take steps in the right direction to mitigate the effects of it.

Old 06-12-2020, 04:44 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,439,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
First off, do you HONESTLY think ANYONE is saying that EVERYTHING is racist? That means that the sun is racist. The moon is racist (it is kind of whitish though...lol). The sky is racist.....except for the dark clouds...dark clouds can't be racist....lol. Just kidding with that....but do you get what I mean? Why do you have to go the the FURTHEST extreme?

Obviously you will win that debate that EVERYTHING is not racist....but can you win a debate that MANY things are not racist?
Are you kidding me?

Everything Is Racism | Hire a civil rights lawyer. You're a victim of racism.

Old 06-12-2020, 04:46 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,439,646 times
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich is Racist, Says Portland School Official

https://www.thecollegefix.com/peanut...hool-official/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies