Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2020, 07:18 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
At the 2018 party at the home of The Washington Post’s editorial cartoonist, in addition to several Ruth Bader Ginsburgs, someone dressed as the “Mueller Witch Hunt” and Post columnist Dana Milbank came as just-confirmed Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh, complete with a beer-dispensing device on his head. A guest named Lexie Gruber wore a scary “Beetlejuice” get-up and called herself “dead.”

A middle-aged white woman named Sue Schafer wore a conservative business suit and a name tag that said, “Hello, My Name is Megyn Kelly.” Her face was almost entirely blackened with makeup. Kelly, then an NBC morning show host, had just that week caused a stir by defending the use of blackface by white people: “When I was a kid, that was okay, as long as you were dressing up as, like, a character.”
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/...m-2-years-ago/

You can read WaPo's story here, but I would't give that rag any clicks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...5e5_story.html

Interestingly, the woman is a progressive. Looks like the woke she supports for everyone else came for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2020, 07:27 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,357,106 times
Wow, two years ago the first prize winner in my social club's Halloween costume contest came as a black lawn jockey, complete with lantern. Wonder if he (and my club) are now "in trouble". And me for laughing and applauding his creativity.

Not losing sleep over it.

Old 06-18-2020, 07:55 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,243,872 times
Always entertaining when the left cannibalizes themselves.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:10 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Wow, two years ago the first prize winner in my social club's Halloween costume contest came as a black lawn jockey, complete with lantern. Wonder if he (and my club) are now "in trouble". And me for laughing and applauding his creativity.

Not losing sleep over it.
Was he black?

Old 06-18-2020, 08:17 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,788,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
Always entertaining when the left cannibalizes themselves.
One might say we are witnessing an Intra-Left Civil War.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:31 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,357,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Was he black?
No.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:43 AM

26,512 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/...m-2-years-ago/

You can read WaPo's story here, but I would't give that rag any clicks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...5e5_story.html

Interestingly, the woman is a progressive. Looks like the woke she supports for everyone else came for her.
She supported the firing of people for this sort of thing. Even though it is asinine to fire her, she kind of deserves it in the end.

I am not a fan of the death penalty, but I would tell Robespierre what goes around comes around.

In the end, this lady helped create this climate of firing people for such things, she should have known better than to wear that costume. It shows a certain level of arrogance and hypocrisy that she thought she would be immune to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies