Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 05:34 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,137,781 times

Advertisements

I watch the videos of mobs that attack cars on the streets, and two things astound me:
What's with so many people having their windows open, and,
Why don't people just take off when the a$$holes start beating on the vehicles and breaking glass?

If that isn't a lethal threat to your life, well.........

Even if my kids were not in my car I would just plow through and crush any fool thinking they could use their body to stop my 4600 lb. vehicle.

Am I missing something obvious here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 05:35 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,749,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
I watch the videos of mobs that attack cars on the streets, and two things astound me:
Why don't people just take off when the a$$holes start beating on the vehicles and breaking glass?

Even if my kids were not in my car I would just plow through and crush any fool thinking they could use their body to stop my 4600 lb. vehicle.

I would feel "threatened" and pull out my protection.

Old 07-28-2020, 05:59 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,026 times
Quote:

If they plow through a bunch of people, their name will be on the news, and the rioters will come for their homes and their jobs. People are being forced to choose between defending themselves, and defending their careers. It's sad, but that's reality now.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:01 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,749,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
If they plow through a bunch of people, their name will be on the news, and the rioters will come for their homes and their jobs. People are being forced to choose between defending themselves, and defending their careers. It's sad, but that's reality now.
The more rioters I see, the more threatened I feel and well....I feel like I need to protect myself!

Old 07-28-2020, 06:05 PM

157 posts, read 110,108 times
I think it will escalate on both sides, they are finding molotov cocktails and 30 round ammo clips stashed near BLM/Antifa protests. They should declare BLM and Antifa as terrorist organizations and all protestors as enemy combatants when violence breaks out, and treat it as such!

Old 07-28-2020, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post

Until now I thought the need for a full auto AR-15 with several 30 round clips was ridiculous. If protecting yourself meant cashing all your chips then might as well take out as many of them as you can.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwen View Post
I think it will escalate on both sides, they are finding molotov cocktails and 30 round ammo clips stashed near BLM/Antifa protests. They should declare BLM and Antifa as terrorist organizations and all protestors as enemy combatants when violence breaks out, and treat it as such!

Thank you, Democrats

Old 07-28-2020, 06:12 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,339,800 times
the whole thing is absurd. Think about it. If you direct your car into people in the road you are committing a violent act. I would think those in the road way are being subjected to a violent attack and would be fully justified to open fire on the automobile attacking them.

Now if they are actually attacking your car you are probably on sound ground to run into them to escape. But if they are simply blocking your path you have a big problem.

And the famed US gun climate makes the problem a reality. Yes you can give it the gas but the blockers can then shoot you and you will be found to be responsible and go to jail. Maybe even with dead kids in your car.

So think hard. This is treacherous territory.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:17 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:

I think a lot of people don't keep up with the news and have no street smarts, so they turn onto a street with a crowd, assuming they'll part and let them drive through, without any thought of their own safety. Windows down and naive.

Then when they find themselves with bodies on their hoods, people reaching into the windows, banging their car - they either don't know how to react or are afraid if they hurt someone they'll get in trouble.

Very passive and foolish.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:19 PM

16,553 posts, read 10,614,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
So think hard. This is treacherous territory.
Yes it is. For which the leftists and their enablers get 100 percent of the blame. As usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies