Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 10:50 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times

Advertisements

Naw, your vote is perfectly safe when we use mail-in voting. You've got nothing to worry about. Never mind that the Democrat party is more desperate than any time since the Civil War about losing the reason for its existence (theft of taxpayer money, slavery, vote-buying) and has been rioting in the streets and killing people for six months already.

You can trust they would never steal or discard ballots. Such a thing is impossible, the ballots are too well guarded. Aren't they?

--------------------------------------------

https://www.westernjournal.com/entir...sconsin-ditch/

Entire Trays Full of Mail, Including Ballots, Found in Wisconsin Ditch

by C. Douglas Golden
Published September 24, 2020 at 6:48am

Ordinarily, the discovery of three trays of mail in a ditch in the third-largest urban area in Wisconsin wouldn’t get much attention outside the Badger State. Things change, however, when mail-in ballots are among the items discarded.

According to WLUK-TV in Green Bay, the U.S. Postal Service is investigating after three trays of mail were reported by the Outagamie County Sheriff’s Office to have been discovered in a ditch near Appleton International Airport on Tuesday. Greenville is in the Fox Cities area, anchored by its largest city, Appleton.

It’s worth noting there’s not a whole lot known about the mail that was found in the ditch as of Thursday. The number of ballots, unknown. Number of pieces of mail, unknown. Percentage of that mail that was absentee ballots, unknown.

Whether or not this was a deliberate move is also unclear. Losing and/or jettisoning mail is a pretty serious thing, however, something that could land you behind bars — particularly if this is a matter motivated by politics.

“The United States Postal Inspection Service immediately began investigating and we reserve further comment on this matter until that is complete,” USPS spokesman Bob Sheehan told WLUK in a statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 10:52 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Not surprising. We've expected this, haven't we?

Just somebody "going high".

Old 09-24-2020, 10:52 AM

1,265 posts, read 445,586 times
Mail tampering is a crime. Charge the delivery person responsible for those deliveries.

To the naysayers there is an issue with mail in ballots

Old 09-24-2020, 11:00 AM

1,049 posts, read 961,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Naw, your vote is perfectly safe when we use mail-in voting. You've got nothing to worry about. Never mind that the Democrat party is more desperate than any time since the Civil War about losing the reason for its existence (theft of taxpayer money, slavery, vote-buying) and has been rioting in the streets and killing people for six months already.

You can trust they would never steal or discard ballots. Such a thing is impossible, the ballots are too well guarded. Aren't they?
Wouldn't votes from the third-largest urban area in Wisconsin favor the Democrats? Why would they ditch ballots that would help them win?

Your post makes little sense.

Old 09-24-2020, 11:18 AM

6,132 posts, read 3,355,504 times
I retired from the military and worked at the USPS for about a year and half. It was a nice break from the stress of being in the military for 25 years, but eventually I needed to get back to a real career making real money. But I did thoroughly enjoy working there and I was impressed with the professionalism of most people there.

But I must be honest about how the USPS operates. The mail stream is not secure, not even in the least. It’s set up to be max efficient, it’s not setup to be max secure, which is what a mail in election should be.

Anyone, at any point in that mail stream, can redirect ballots if they so choose. I never messed with the mail because my own personal honor and integrity would not allow me to. The vast majority of USPS employees were just like me, people with high integrity. But no organization is perfect and there are certainly some people who wouldn’t think twice in throwing ballots away.

The USPS Inspection Service are made up of very fine men and women who do a great job policing all of it as best they can. But they can’t be everywhere in the US, monitoring the entire US mail stream. That stream is way, way too big.

So when someone says that mail in voting is just as secure as voting in person, they are either naive or lying. When they say that there isn’t evidence of widespread fraud, they are technically correct, but only because it’s very hard to detect. I’m confident in saying that out of every instance of ballot fraud that is uncovered, there are many that go unnoticed.

Sorry if this upsets people, but everything I’ve written here is the absolute truth.

Old 09-24-2020, 11:30 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I retired from the military and worked at the USPS for about a year and half. It was a nice break from the stress of being in the military for 25 years, but eventually I needed to get back to a real career making real money. But I did thoroughly enjoy working there and I was impressed with the professionalism of most people there.

But I must be honest about how the USPS operates. The mail stream is not secure, not even in the least. It’s set up to be max efficient, it’s not setup to be max secure, which is what a mail in election should be.

Anyone, at any point in that mail stream, can redirect ballots if they so choose. I never messed with the mail because my own personal honor and integrity would not allow me to. The vast majority of USPS employees were just like me, people with high integrity. But no organization is perfect and there are certainly some people who wouldn’t think twice in throwing ballots away.

The USPS Inspection Service are made up of very fine men and women who do a great job policing all of it as best they can. But they can’t be everywhere in the US, monitoring the entire US mail stream. That stream is way, way too big.

So when someone says that mail in voting is just as secure as voting in person, they are either naive or lying. When they say that there isn’t evidence of widespread fraud, they are technically correct, but only because it’s very hard to detect. I’m confident in saying that out of every instance of ballot fraud that is uncovered, there are many that go unnoticed.

Sorry if this upsets people, but everything I’ve written here is the absolute truth.

I worked as a casual carrier for several months years ago and I agree that most of the people I worked with were upstanding people, many of whom were veterans and then there were the old crotches. One guy hated dogs and if one came near him even in a friendly way he would spray it.

When one works a route it doesn't take that long to notice where people's mail is coming from. They might get political mailings or maybe a NRA magazines. A mail carrier wouldn't need to see say a Trump sign in someones yard to know that their politics lean to the Right and it is not that much of a stretch to think that a carrier that opposes Trump could easily slip that ballot back into the mail stream to delay it or conveniently lose it in the truck somewhere.

The Left praises rioters as some sort of Patriots so no one should be surprised that a Left leaning mail carrier might get a kick out of his little effort of Civil disobedience by misplacing a ballot or two.

Mail carriers are human and they have been emboldened by their leaders to fight the power.

Old 09-24-2020, 11:31 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
But no organization is perfect and there are certainly some people who wouldn’t think twice in throwing ballots away.

My exact point all along.

And the mail stream is due to get even bigger, around Nov. 3.

And the impetus for those "some people" to throw ballots away, will skyrocket.

Old 09-24-2020, 01:40 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
voting is a privilege that should cost all of us something.

americans should only be allowed to vote on election day unless exempt to mail in a ballot due to being out of town or a medical condition.

I support a paid day off from work on election day to vote. I can remember being reprimanded by one employer when i was very young for being late to work because the voting lines were long and it took an unexpected two hours to vote.

Old 09-24-2020, 01:42 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,508,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
voting is a privilege that should cost all of us something.

americans should only be allowed to vote on election day unless exempt to mail in a ballot due to age, out of town, or medical condition.

I support a paid day off from work on election day to vote. I can remember being reprimanded by one employer when i was very young for being late to work because the voting lines were very long and it took two hours to vote.
It's almost 2021. Isnt there a better more efficient way to vote?

Old 09-24-2020, 01:44 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times
Have these found ballots been authenticated to be valid ballots? Or are they just ballots that could have been mass produced in someone's basement and then tossed to the side of the road to be found at a later, much more convenient date?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies