Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 07:20 AM

6,394 posts, read 4,123,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Some of you are sounding like the check is in the mail. I'm not the only one who doesn't think this will pass.
Agreed. WILL NOT PASS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2020, 07:22 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,262,442 times
If I get another check, I'll do with it what I did with the last one - send it to the local food bank, where the line of cars waiting to get in has expanded to over 1/4 mile most mornings.

Old 09-30-2020, 07:25 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,707,204 times
It will pass if politicians think passing it will help their election chances. This is true for Republicans and Democrats.

Old 09-30-2020, 07:35 AM

25,874 posts, read 12,910,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
If it covers ONE DIME of government employee pensions or ONE DIME to rebuild damage caused by BLM terrorists, FORGET IT!!

Half of this country should not feel pain from democrat decisions/policy they had noting to do with.
AMEN! Let the pensions fail. Let the city's who allowed all the riot damage, fix their own stuff.

No more stimulus is fine with me. I wish we could undo the 1st stimulus since Americans got ~15% of the $3.5T, and the top 1% got 85% of it. I've posted this math several times before. It was a massive heist....the largest heist in the history of mankind.

Old 09-30-2020, 12:46 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,993,426 times
Here is big corporations betting stimulus back in April claiming its for paycheck protection

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/paychec...s-coroanvirus/

But here is big corporations laying off employees while paying out to shareholders.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...s-coronavirus/

We can only have one and not the other. Plus if we protecting paychecks, why we need more UI funding? The PPP should protect enough jobs so the UI is not overwhelmed. Or at best, the actually package should not be nearly as high as it is.

Old 09-30-2020, 03:28 PM

1,066 posts, read 631,228 times
Wonder why Nancy does whatever she wants

Didn’t get an agreement w mnuchin. Sends the bill for a vote anyway.
I would laugh if even the democrats voted against it

Old 09-30-2020, 09:39 PM

1,066 posts, read 631,228 times
Oh god no. This better get buzzed away.

Not a chance a single dollar needs to go to any illegals. Don’t care if they are homeless starving in street. They are not Americans. They are tresspassers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...immigrants.amp

Old 10-01-2020, 05:39 AM

34,089 posts, read 17,145,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
If it covers ONE DIME of government employee pensions or ONE DIME to rebuild damage caused by BLM terrorists, FORGET IT!!

Half of this country should not feel pain from democrat decisions/policy they had noting to do with.

Old 10-01-2020, 09:48 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,815,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If I get another check, I'll do with it what I did with the last one - send it to the local food bank, where the line of cars waiting to get in has expanded to over 1/4 mile most mornings.
You're an awesome person and a rep for you. We will give our checks to our immigrant friends from India who have been here paying taxes for ten years but did not qualify for the last stimulus because they don't have green cards yet. They started that process 4 years ago and have spent thousands on attorney fees only to have it stalled indefinitely. Their daughter was born here 8 years ago and they never received the $500 dollars for her either.

Will the next round of stimulus checks pass before the election? I doubt it. Trump's anti-immigrant hate fueled base seems not to want it. Let them starve in the streets? Really? I wouldn't do that to a hungry rat in the winter, let alone a human being.

Our friends are hard working decent people that started a once thriving business before Covid hit and wiped it out. They deserve every dime vs some lazy American born waste of space always looking for handouts.

The world needs more people like you cuebald. I'm sure those food banks feed everyone in need. American born or not. Kudos.

Old 10-01-2020, 09:55 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,566,202 times
Any word on the poison pill pork or riders connected to this or is it "clean"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies