Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think China and/or Russia will invade the US in the aftermath of a new civil war ?
Yes 15 19.74%
No 54 71.05%
Other/Don't Know 7 9.21%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 08:27 AM

68,384 posts, read 54,639,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
There is not going to be another civil war.

Before such a thing happened, we would have a "balkanization" of the US.

Democrats/libs are continuing to move to positions that are incompatible with western civilization,
so perhaps a balkanization may occur, but is unlikely. The US would be far better off without the dems/liberals, but it would be hard to get rid of them. It is like having a five year old help you change the oil on your car. Most other nations do not have this handicap; it is the greatest threat to the US since its inception and is funded by our enemies.

The main problem with "balkanization" would be that dems/libs would invite Chinese military bases on our borders and rapidly assume the role of an enemy of the US.

But RW extremists plotting to kill those whose ideas they don't like are apparently the RW destiny for 'civilization', eh?

Old 10-09-2020, 08:37 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,754,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
i'd like to see your basis for the items in bold.

China is known to have bribed officials in South Pacific island nations, and even some in Australia

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzCqQknF9Oo

There is already internal opposition to Xi's policies that seemingly are destroying the CCP, 2020 has been an even bigger disaster for the CCP than most other places in the world

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnW4OzlKY

And then there's the burning and shredding of documents at the two spy dens (Chinese consulates) shut down in Houston and New York, and some shredding going on In San Fran as well, IIRC.

The Confucious institutes that have been shut down, indoctrinating students into communist theory

Professors and other tenured positions in US Universities all over the country, that have been exposed, some arrested, as being on the CCP's payroll. Providing the Chinese with research done in US schools.

Lot's of other example abound if someone were to do a bit of research on their own, and apply a bit of common sense (that's in short supply, these days) and anybody just might come up with a similar position to mine.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention the Chinese WuMao/Little Pink. A group of people that hang out on social media sites and forums that get paid by the CCP, per post, to defend and promote the Chinese communists whenever someone mentions something negative about the CCP. I hear the WuMao took a big hit to their income earlier this year. Because of economic issues at home, their pay was cut from $.50 cents per post to $.20 cents. That why we see more of them posting these days. Am I Right, Blah, blah? It didn't take you long to jump on my post about the CCP, huh.

CN

Old 10-09-2020, 08:40 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,508,567 times
No. I'm assuming you mean a conventional invasion here btw.

Russia doesn't need anything we have. Russia does not have the manpower let alone the logistics.

Concerning China? They already have invaded. Just take a look at who owns what.

Old 10-09-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
No. I'm assuming you mean a conventional invasion here btw.

Russia doesn't need anything we have. Russia does not have the manpower let alone the logistics.

Concerning China? They already have invaded. Just take a look at who owns what.
China invaded, using the US dollar we so willingly supplied them with over the last 25 years. Hell, they even bought their very own US political party, the Democrats.

That's why the CCP endorses the Biden/Harris ticket (It's true). So we can stop all that trade war stuff, and get China back to work, at the expense of the US citizen.

CN

Old 10-09-2020, 08:48 AM

26,208 posts, read 13,162,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If Conservatives won the war, no. They wouldn’t dare.

If Liberals won the war, no. They wouldn’t have to.
Best post award goes to ^^^ Retroit! Well played.

My take is that the next civil war wont look like the last one, and its already underway.

Why risk your life in a war to get what you want, when you can just move to a new city/state, and get it instead?

That's what is already happening. Unhappy Americans are fleeing places they no longer like, & are moving to palces they feel fits their needs better.

Democrats are fleeing the urban cores, and moving to the burbs, or out of state, to lower tax states, who have more opportunity, lower cost of living, ect..

I think mobility is the new civil war.

Old 10-09-2020, 08:51 AM

6,387 posts, read 2,959,465 times
China might invade Taiwan. Russia might take the Baltic States. I think that's the plan - break down the US so they can take those nearby territories that they want.

Old 10-09-2020, 08:53 AM

724 posts, read 508,103 times
Interesting responses folks !

Now that I think of it the scenario of China and Russia becoming patron states to a plethora of future American vassal states , may as well be brought up ...

I mean couldn't it be more likely that ( if things continue at their current pace ) we will see a plethora of de facto independent states ( reminiscent of petty fiefdoms ) in the US which will pay homage to Russia or China in a vassal state sort of way ?

Or is that also a very far flung sort of speculation ?

Old 10-09-2020, 08:54 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,508,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

My take is that the next civil war wont look like the last one, and its already underway.

Why risk your life in a war to get what you want, when you can just move to a new city/state, and get it instead?

That's what is already happening. Unhappy Americans are fleeing places they no longer like, & are moving to palces they feel fits their needs better.

Democrats are fleeing the urban cores, and moving to the burbs, or out of state, to lower tax states, who have more opportunity, lower cost of living, ect..

War is the result of the failure of discourse. When was the last time Americans were able agree on a problem and how to fix it?

. We are in a state of war.

Old 10-09-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

Yes, people are on the move, some not so sure where to go yet. Hedging their bets until things cool down a bit probably accounts for the sales surge in RV's.

And have you looked at the resale value of vans lately?

CN

Old 10-09-2020, 09:01 AM

26,208 posts, read 13,162,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
China might invade Taiwan. Russia might take the Baltic States. I think that's the plan - break down the US so they can take those nearby territories that they want.
Yes, agreed. They wouldnt attack us directly, they'd advance theri influence regionally instead....like the board game RISK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies