Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 07:57 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,902,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
If Trump tested negative for Covid, why can't they just do the debates in person? Didn't Biden claim to drop out because of the contagion risk?
Trump wanted to but the debate commission canceled the debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2020, 07:58 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,423,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
If Trump tested negative for Covid, why can't they just do the debates in person? Didn't Biden claim to drop out because of the contagion risk?

Because 11 people at the debate caught Covid that werent either of the parties people?

Because Trump and his family refused to wear masks...as per the debate rules at the first debate?

You know...common sense things?

So rather then risk getting more of their people ill they went virtual...and Trump chickened out when he found out that he couldnt just yell over his opponent, and might have to actually discuss the topics like a adult?

Old 10-14-2020, 08:01 PM

68,352 posts, read 54,533,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Because the debate commission changed the rules that were agreed to in June, quite simply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
He didn't cancel the debate. He was happy to do the debate he agreed to do, but the commission changed the format at the last minute.

Hard to blame him. A commission full of anti-Trumpers controlling his audio and video? Turning up the orange tint on his side of the screen? Having total control over his audio? Making his volume slightly lower than Biden's. Cutting him off just as he is about to make his points? I wouldn't trust their new format either. Too much capability for shenanigans.

I disagree, I'd say Trump's possibly contagious illness changed the format. If Trump is incapable of changing tack over such a minor issue it's downright scary to think how he'd react to an actual international crisis.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:04 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,038,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Because 11 people at the debate caught Covid that werent either of the parties people?

Because Trump and his family refused to wear masks...as per the debate rules at the first debate?

So rather then risk getting more of their people ill they went virtual...and Trump chickened out when he found out that he couldnt just yell over his opponent, and might have to actually discuss the topics like a adult?

They could still do it live without an audience in the room except for the moderator.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:08 PM

2,955 posts, read 2,907,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I disagree, I'd say Trump's possibly contagious illness changed the format. If Trump is incapable of changing tack over such a minor issue it's downright scary to think how he'd react to an actual international crisis.

I dunno, we haven't had one in four years. Is that because of Trump or just dumb luck?

Old 10-14-2020, 08:15 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,650,657 times
Quote:
LOL. theyre annoyed because its so petty. It forces folks to choose between them rather then being able to see both.

And Trumps numbers are going to be VASTLY higher, and we will have to listen to him brag about it.

Reality is....Biden will do a fine job answering questions, but people will tune in to Trumps because of the insanity. Everyones watching to see the wreck. Bidens will be boring.
Not really.. I will be watching the train wreck Biden town hall. And we can see how many defunct LIES pedo joe continues to push.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:15 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,902,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yeah, it is a bit boring to watch an old man with dementia butchering every other sentence and drooling on himself.
I can see it :

Hey Joe, what do you think about Trump not serving due to bone spurs?

Biden: Bone spurs? They they they are nothing compared to asthma. I had asthma so bad that when I wasn't running track I was life guarding and Iggy Stiggy and Corn Pop would have an inhaler ready just in case I couldn't catch my breath when the little roaches were rubbing my leg hairs.

That Asthma is bad stuff. I wanted to join up but the Army said Joe, we need you to keep playing sports and be a lawyer. That Asthma will kill you if you run or do push ups anywhere but at college. That's why I graduated at the top of my class. I knew the boys in Uniform were depending on me to be the best.

Joe why do you sniff hair?

Biden: Well I always liked how hair smells. Dog hair, cat hair, but especially girl hair, horse tail hair smells good too. It helps me with my asthma.

Joe Trump is a pervert who has been accused by many women of sexual assault, what do you think?

Biden: All women deserve to be believed. They would never make a false claim like that. Why I remember once I knew a senator who sniffed hairs and like to side grope girls breasts. I mean even corn pop knew what he was doing. Hell Corn Pop started doing it too. You see how that works. 1 guys starts it and then everyone else wants to try it. The women liked it until everyone else started doing it too and they weren't special. Thats why it has to stop.

Joe, it sounds like you just described yourself?

Biden: I thought we were talking bought JFK.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:16 PM

10,176 posts, read 7,834,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
IF Trump is so confident, WHY did he cancel the debate in the first place?

HINT: BS excuses don't count!
Because he doesn't put up with crap from people. He stands up for himself and us . That's what makes him a great president.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:19 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,857,049 times
Quote:
LOL. theyre annoyed because its so petty. It forces folks to choose between them rather then being able to see both.

And Trumps numbers are going to be VASTLY higher, and we will have to listen to him brag about it.

Reality is....Biden will do a fine job answering questions, but people will tune in to Trumps because of the insanity. Everyones watching to see the wreck. Bidens will be boring.
People will tune into Trump for the same reason that they attend his rally in massive numbers. They like and support him.

Leftists always need to get ahead of the narrative and lay their groundwork for pushing their agenda.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:20 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,902,612 times
Quote:

Yup... Trump isn't alone. A lot of Americans refuse common sense precautions. They deserve what follows. I rank that right there with going to Afghanistan or Iran on a hiking trip, or vandalizing state property in North Korea.

Trump and his family may have caught from a Typhoid Mary or they were the Typhoid Marys. How did the bystanders catch it if they took precautions? My guess is they either came there with it already or they were pressing flesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies