Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 06:43 PM

15,949 posts, read 12,349,083 times

Advertisements

I can see both points of view on this issue. There is the possibility of long term issues with covid or at least that's what's been said. It seems to be they should be doing a better job tracking everyone who got covid and following up and asking them if they have any long term issues. This is been going on since March now.. it seems like we're dropping the ball when it comes to tracking the progress of the treated.

There is also all the psychological fallout from forcing all these measures on people. Plus I personally don't think these masks people wear actually work. People are always touching them, and then touching shopping carts and merchandise. They don't seal well, if you cough the contaminants are just going to go out the edges. A properly fit N-95 mask that people put on and leave on might work.

I think we should continue to social distance, but stop with the masks. I think we should restrict large gatherings of people for now until we know more (so no crowds at NFL games) ... I think in 6 months we'll know enough to decide if we need to keep up all this stuff or not. I wouldn't not lose any sleep if we simply opened everything back up either. The high risk individuals can quarantine themselves and take precautions such as shopping in the morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2020, 06:46 PM

42,028 posts, read 75,457,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Insurance should cover the costs involved if a covered person needs treatment.
Clearly, you have never been in the hospital, or had to deal with a family member's hospital bills.

Old 10-17-2020, 06:49 PM

15,949 posts, read 12,349,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Clearly, you have never been in the hospital, or had to deal with a family member's hospital bills.
After these "high deductible" plans the average person might still be out thousands of dollars. I put the very max I'm allowed into my health savings account every year... tax free money to pay for medical bills that I can also invest in the stock market, why not? Over time I can make back that lost deductible money. $600 employer provided plus $2500/year I put in myself which is the max. Universal health care is one of them issues where I support the left. It would take the burden off the employers and make it so a person can quit their job and not worry where their insurance will come from.

Old 10-17-2020, 07:40 PM

24,195 posts, read 12,867,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You're not much of a deep thinker, are you.
I said should, not will.
Of course there may out of pocket costs .. deductibles, failures in following the plan requirements, messed up billing, etc., etc. You really needed those things spelled out for you? wow.

Old 10-17-2020, 07:45 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,541,561 times
It was no biggie for my dh and i when we got it and only took vitamins and zinc to deal with it. 1 day of being tired for me ( 57 yrs old and lifelong smoker), and 1.5 weeks of being tired for my 64 yr old husband with 2 heart stents, high blood pressure and overweight.

Old 10-17-2020, 07:50 PM

39,129 posts, read 51,420,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Why is Europe undergoing a second wave now. They followed all masking rules and shutdowns and social distancing. So why a second wave? Because 85% of people who contract the virus were mask wearers. Wearing one is fine with me, but it has given people an extremely false sense of security.

Also, deaths in Europe and also in NY and other states here were escalated by malpractice of politicians who sent infected patients from hospitals into nursing homes to cause massive infection of residents. How stupid is that.

There is now a lawsuit started in Germany about the Covid fraud, fake reporting of number of deaths, fake positive test results. A document was leaked in Germany which they call "The panic plan" on how to enslave the global population, get rich with vaccine production and data collection for the technocrats. We have been controlled puppets. This virus is no more deadly than normal flu.
Actually Europe does not do all that well with masks according to the IHME models. France barely crossed 40% compliance all summer and Italy, once very high dropped right off after things calmed down. Even Germany is not much about 40%. Contrast that with Arizona which beat down the worst outbreak in the country this summer. Mask compliance was near 90% and cases were reduced 75% in a matter of weeks (source: CDC). Now that the peak is gone, masking has dropped to 70%, still high by most state standards, but along with it cases are creeping back up.

Old 10-17-2020, 08:10 PM

37,269 posts, read 41,489,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
More lies.

My son has known 2 people who got it twice. It was the same both times. There is very little data on re-infections.

And most people have no more symptoms than a common cold. And then its gone. It hasn't been "long term" yet so that claim is a flat out lie. Could it have long term consequences? Maybe. But so far it is generally, wham, bam, thank you maam.

Its just sickening that people tell total lies about this virus to scare people.
How do the people your son knows know they got it twice? The testing to confirm that requires testing DNA from both episodes to prove that the second episode is a different variant from the first. The PCR test cannot determine that.

Some people are having organ damage which may be permanent. There are those who have had amputations and lung transplants.

No one is telling lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Why is Europe undergoing a second wave now. They followed all masking rules and shutdowns and social distancing. So why a second wave? Because 85% of people who contract the virus were mask wearers. Wearing one is fine with me, but it has given people an extremely false sense of security.

Also, deaths in Europe and also in NY and other states here were escalated by malpractice of politicians who sent infected patients from hospitals into nursing homes to cause massive infection of residents. How stupid is that.

There is now a lawsuit started in Germany about the Covid fraud, fake reporting of number of deaths, fake positive test results. A document was leaked in Germany which they call "The panic plan" on how to enslave the global population, get rich with vaccine production and data collection for the technocrats. We have been controlled puppets. This virus is no more deadly than normal flu.
Source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I can see both points of view on this issue. There is the possibility of long term issues with covid or at least that's what's been said. It seems to be they should be doing a better job tracking everyone who got covid and following up and asking them if they have any long term issues. This is been going on since March now.. it seems like we're dropping the ball when it comes to tracking the progress of the treated.

There is also all the psychological fallout from forcing all these measures on people. Plus I personally don't think these masks people wear actually work. People are always touching them, and then touching shopping carts and merchandise. They don't seal well, if you cough the contaminants are just going to go out the edges. A properly fit N-95 mask that people put on and leave on might work.

I think we should continue to social distance, but stop with the masks. I think we should restrict large gatherings of people for now until we know more (so no crowds at NFL games) ... I think in 6 months we'll know enough to decide if we need to keep up all this stuff or not. I wouldn't not lose any sleep if we simply opened everything back up either. The high risk individuals can quarantine themselves and take precautions such as shopping in the morning.

Masks are not perfect. None will completely block transmission of the virus, but they can reduce it.

Yes, masks should be worn properly.

Old 10-17-2020, 08:31 PM
bu2

24,150 posts, read 14,996,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
How do the people your son knows know they got it twice? The testing to confirm that requires testing DNA from both episodes to prove that the second episode is a different variant from the first. The PCR test cannot determine that.

Some people are having organ damage which may be permanent. There are those who have had amputations and lung transplants.

No one is telling lies.

Source?

Masks are not perfect. None will completely block transmission of the virus, but they can reduce it.

Yes, masks should be worn properly.
Lots of people tell lies. They put out speculation as fact.

As for my son's friends, they got it in March and then again recently, 6 months later. Same symptoms. Very few people think immunity lasts forever.

Throwing out lots of terms doesn't make you look any more credible, just more doctrinaire.

Old 10-17-2020, 08:35 PM

18,755 posts, read 7,667,607 times
I see little dorianro is back to regurgitating old, debunked lies about Republicans again, in an attempt to get people to notice him and talk to him.

And some are falling for it, as usual.

Old 10-17-2020, 08:49 PM

37,269 posts, read 41,489,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Lots of people tell lies. They put out speculation as fact.

As for my son's friends, they got it in March and then again recently, 6 months later. Same symptoms. Very few people think immunity lasts forever.

Throwing out lots of terms doesn't make you look any more credible, just more doctrinaire.
Other infections can have the same symptoms, and some people may take a long time to clear the original coronavirus infection. The questions become whether either the first or second infection was misdiagnosed or whether it was a relapse of the original infection rather than a reinfection.

True reinfections within a short time frame appear to be rare. No one yet knows whether immunity will wane long term or when.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies