Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 09:28 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,111,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
The last 4 years have been the most exciting in the history of our nation for us. Finally, a dark horse underdog who absolutely humiliated his rivals and won the Presidency. Legendary unemployment across the board, Peace in the Middle East, mud in the eye of our enemies, obliterating terrorists, tax cuts, stocks up, people motivated, irreverent comments, outlandish verve to everyone. Made us proud to be Americans. We stood tall in the world.

No Apologies...ever.

MAGA
Trump will never again hold public office. Forget about 2024.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 09:31 AM

29,561 posts, read 14,708,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Trump will never again hold public office. Forget about 2024.
Not just Trump, but I don't think we will see the GOP as a majority for a long time.

For those of us that propersered the last four years, all we can do it be thankful and look forward to the next 4 to 8 years and hope they are just as good.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:35 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,917,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Which is how elections work here in this country.

As far as policies, what was alarming about them ? Any specific ones ?
I'll start, I wasn't happy with how the trade war thing was working out. Something needed to be done, we've been taken advantage of for too long, but what he did seemed like too little to late. Maybe in time it would have worked out, who knows.
It's how elections rarely work in this country. The majority of the time, the President wins the majority of the popular vote AND the electoral college.

As far as policies, what was alarming about them? His rejection of science. That's alarming. His inability to craft a federal response to Covid-19 while creating a scenario where states were competing with each other to obtain resources to deal with the medical emergency. That's alarming. His foreign policy stances where he pushed away our allies while seeming to admire authoritatian regimes. That's alarming. His environmental policies, where environmental protections were seen as obstacles that needed to be removed. We don't need to protect the stinking environment. That's alarming. And I agree, the trade war thing was not great. Tariffs get passed on to consumers, which is something a businessman should understand.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:40 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,917,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Not just Trump, but I don't think we will see the GOP as a majority for a long time.

For those of us that propersered the last four years, all we can do it be thankful and look forward to the next 4 to 8 years and hope they are just as good.
See, here I disagree with you. Because we have a two-party system in this country, each of the parties are remarkably resilient. I look at South Texas and how well the GOP did in 2020 there, and it looks to me like they can capitalize very well on the Democrat's shortcomings.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:42 AM

1,839 posts, read 680,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It's how elections rarely work in this country. The majority of the time, the President wins the majority of the popular vote AND the electoral college.

As far as policies, what was alarming about them? His rejection of science. That's alarming. His inability to craft a federal response to Covid-19 while creating a scenario where states were competing with each other to obtain resources to deal with the medical emergency. That's alarming. His foreign policy stances where he pushed away our allies while seeming to admire authoritatian regimes. That's alarming. His environmental policies, where environmental protections were seen as obstacles that needed to be removed. We don't need to protect the stinking environment. That's alarming. And I agree, the trade war thing was not great. Tariffs get passed on to consumers, which is something a businessman should understand.
Don't forget the montrosity of a wall at the Mexico border as a solution to illegal immigration.

I'm sure even the old school GOP members like Mitch McConnell must have known Trump was batship crazy.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:43 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,755,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Is this the official "we're going to stop talking about the fake fraud" thread?

Congrats. This is a YUGE step for MAGA.

The Republican party bids you adieu. (that means bye y'all)
I WISH the GOP would denounce and annex Trump supporters. Good riddance to bad rubbish and a good first step towards reclaiming legitimacy instead of becoming a swap meet outside a truck rally.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:46 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,755,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
Don't forget the montrosity of a wall at the Mexico border as a solution to illegal immigration.

I'm sure even the old school GOP members like Mitch McConnell must have known Trump was batship crazy.
But they kept enabling him, excusing him, empowering him. The whole bunch of them need to be tossed out.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:47 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,095,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbritt098765 View Post
No you just didn't like that he couldn't controlled and probably didn't like his confidence. Makes most people jealous. He didn't bow to your government which is cesspool of money hungry useless *****. Trump doesn't need you money, your government does.
Who cares. He's gone in 12 days.

FIRST ONE-TERM PRESIDENT IN OVER 30 YEARS.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:50 AM

47,008 posts, read 26,056,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It will be like German youth today finding dusty old Nazi arm bands in the attic.
You can make a mint on those on eBay, though.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:51 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,111,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Who cares. He's gone in 12 days.

FIRST ONE-TERM PRESIDENT IN OVER 30 YEARS.
Although I think it would be a waste of time to impeach him with 12 days left it could happen. Then he'll have the distinction of being the only president in history to be impeached twice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies