Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2021, 12:00 PM

23,979 posts, read 15,086,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Actblue has done it for years... but don't expect to see NY Times call them out:

PissedConsumer Actblue Complaints

I never contribute to anything ActBlue.

They take a pretty fair sized cut.

But, Act Blue doesn't hide and obscure it under 3 graphs of nonsense.

Act Blue puts it right up front so any fool can see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2021, 12:02 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Act Blue asks the donor. if they want to make a repeat donation and if so, asks the finer to select frequency.

This is very different than the Trump PAC that auto filled the repeat donation with weekly frequency.

Act Blue requires the donor to take action. Trump Pac required donor to take action to opt out.

The only way to contribute to the Trump campaign was to agree to recurring payments.

There was no option for a one-time donation.

This was made extremely clear to any literate individual with at least a double-digit IQ.

I made the contribution that I wanted and then canceled future payments.

It was a bit of a hassle and I really didn't care for the lack of an option to give just once, but that's the way it was set-up.

As for Actblue, apparently not...

"There was no way to change it and the payment went through as a monthly contribution. I had to call VISA and they said they had a lot of calls for the same thing--all ActBlue. VISA fixed it for me. A couple of weeks ago I made a $50. donation to Pelosi and the same thing happened. This time I sent a return email to ActBlue and I got a response that whenever you check a one-time contribution it will default to monthly donation and you have to click it back! Why?"

"I just received a PayPal refund while I was filling out the "PissedConsumer" information forms. The refund was for both (2) of the ActBlue Single Payment donations that unbeknownst to me became Recurring donations."

https://actblue.pissedconsumer.com/review.html

Meanwhile, it seems Hillary just took whatever money she wanted...

"Hillary Clinton’s campaign is stealing from her poorest supporters by purposefully and repeatedly overcharging them after they make what’s supposed to be a one-time small donation through her official campaign website, multiple sources tell the Observer."

https://observer.com/2016/09/exclusi...oorest-donors/

Old 04-11-2021, 12:07 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
WOW!

The Hillary for America campaign will overcharge small donors by repeatedly charging small amounts such as $20 to the bankcards of donors who made a one-time donation. However, the Clinton campaign strategically doesn’t overcharge these donors $100 or more because the bank would then be obligated to investigate the fraud.

Snopes took this on in 2016 and concluded it was unproven.

No question one woman in Minnesota was charged multiple times. No other claims have been made.

The Observer reports an unnamed Wells Fargo employee said.......

Snopes speculates the woman in Minnesota may have mistakenly checked a box or a glitch with the merchant banker.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cl...arging-donors/

Like with most things, people tend to believe SNOPES only when a conclusion validates their perception.

Old 04-11-2021, 12:08 PM

1,803 posts, read 936,473 times
Quote:
WOW!

The Hillary for America campaign will overcharge small donors by repeatedly charging small amounts such as $20 to the bankcards of donors who made a one-time donation. However, the Clinton campaign strategically doesn’t overcharge these donors $100 or more because the bank would then be obligated to investigate the fraud.

The case Trump is NOT SWAMPY himself.... has gone out the door for most or should. His business practices prove it over decades. His life bordered on illegal practices, dealing with the most corrupt politicians who Trump was no better in his - under the table dealings for Tax breaks and whatever it took.

Dueschbank money used for a lot cause US Banks would not loan him. Suing for huge Tax breaks in NYC that some he won.... still a forcing and twisting shows talent ..... still is that Talent RIGHTEOUS or SWAMPY? Having a most corrupt Alderman of Chicago as his Real Estate Attorney getting him huge Tax drops for his hotel interest with the right donations giving some back to the re-election campaign etc.... is just a GOOD BUSINESS MOVE, but IS IT RIGHTEOUS of SWAMPY?

https://www.chicagomag.com/real-esta...Tower-Chicago/

From link.
- Mostly, he told his lenders to take a hike, leaving them to settle for pennies on the dollar, or at least quarters on the dollar. The Times found that Trump has had $287 million forgiven by lenders since 2010, the majority involving Trump Tower Chicago loans.
- It’s not illegal; lots of lenders gave a lot of dumb money to builders in the 2000s, and a lot of them had to eat it when the market went upside-down.

Even the Chicago Tribune reported..
- the attorney general’s office revealed that, since 2009, Trump had omitted the Chicago tower from his statement of financial condition when seeking financing from other lenders. Authorities have asked for an explanation for the omission but say they have not received an answer from the Trump Organization.
- While digging for answers, authorities said they discovered that Trump owed $150 million to Fortress by 2012. Fortress accepted just $48 million to pay off the loan in March 2012, forgiving more than $100 million of the debt.

This Campaign Donation boondoggle...... is it still more RIGHTEOUS VS SWAMPY vs a Clinton you use ? Is it really? Especially, as it was pretty HUGE .... like 100-mil $$$ HUGE. As Trump would put it ..... THEY LOVE ME AS THE BEST PRESIDENT AND YES SOME GAVE A BIT MUCH and WE THEN JUST REFUNDED.

Lawsuits lead to the refund, yet is it SWAMPY OR TRUMP WAS THE ONE DUPED HERE? Always Trump is a victim and all is a witchhunt.... nothing really is as a savior figure or less Swampy in reality in the end.... more that comes out the more YOU'ALL SHOULD REALIZE THIS.

Trump UNIVERSITY WAS A PROVEN SCAM AND CON NO DOUBTS THERE. HE HAD TO KNOW.

IT is jut MOMONKEYMONEY in pockets as just business. You are stupid enough perhaps to Trump .... hey I only am a business man in the end. You wanted all willingly I did not force you. A great OUT.

Last edited by NoHyping; 04-11-2021 at 12:16 PM..

Old 04-11-2021, 12:31 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
The only way to contribute to the Trump campaign was to agree to recurring payments.

There was no option for a one-time donation.

This was made extremely clear to any literate individual with at least a double-digit IQ.

I made the contribution that I wanted and then canceled future payments.

It was a bit of a hassle and I really didn't care for the lack of an option to give just once, but that's the way it was set-up.

As for Actblue, apparently not...

"There was no way to change it and the payment went through as a monthly contribution. I had to call VISA and they said they had a lot of calls for the same thing--all ActBlue. VISA fixed it for me. A couple of weeks ago I made a $50. donation to Pelosi and the same thing happened. This time I sent a return email to ActBlue and I got a response that whenever you check a one-time contribution it will default to monthly donation and you have to click it back! Why?"
"I just received a PayPal refund while I was filling out the "PissedConsumer" information forms. The refund was for both (2) of the ActBlue Single Payment donations that unbeknownst to me became Recurring donations."

https://actblue.pissedconsumer.com/review.html

Meanwhile, it seems Hillary just took whatever money she wanted...

"Hillary Clinton’s campaign is stealing from her poorest supporters by purposefully and repeatedly overcharging them after they make what’s supposed to be a one-time small donation through her official campaign website, multiple sources tell the Observer."

That Observer article was interesting. I was struck by this:

The New York Times reported that in 2007 that Clinton’s first presidential campaign had to refund and subtract hundreds of thousands of dollars from its first-quarter total often because donors’ credit cards were charged twice. Additionally, it was reported that Clinton had to refund a stunning $2.8 million in donations, three times more than the $900K President Barack Obama’s campaign refunded".

Now, compare the Trump scam:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybe...h=9a1c74758a39

"Former President Donald Trump's reelection campaign issued a staggering sum of $122.7 million in refunds to supporters in 2020, giving back nearly 11% of the money it raised, according to an investigative report published by the New York Times on Saturday based on an analysis of Federal Election Commission filings."

Old 04-11-2021, 12:32 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
The case Trump is NOT SWAMPY himself.... has gone out the door for most or should. His business practices prove it over decades. His life bordered on illegal practices, dealing with the most corrupt politicians who Trump was no better in his - under the table dealings for Tax breaks and whatever it took.

Dueschbank money used for a lot cause US Banks would not loan him. Suing for huge Tax breaks in NYC that some he won.... still a forcing and twisting shows talent ..... still is that Talent RIGHTEOUS or SWAMPY? Having a most corrupt Alderman of Chicago as his Real Estate Attorney getting him huge Tax drops for his hotel interest with the right donations giving some back to the re-election campaign etc.... is just a GOOD BUSINESS MOVE, but IS IT RIGHTEOUS of SWAMPY?

https://www.chicagomag.com/real-esta...Tower-Chicago/

From link.
- Mostly, he told his lenders to take a hike, leaving them to settle for pennies on the dollar, or at least quarters on the dollar. The Times found that Trump has had $287 million forgiven by lenders since 2010, the majority involving Trump Tower Chicago loans.
- It’s not illegal; lots of lenders gave a lot of dumb money to builders in the 2000s, and a lot of them had to eat it when the market went upside-down.

Even the Chicago Tribune reported..
- the attorney general’s office revealed that, since 2009, Trump had omitted the Chicago tower from his statement of financial condition when seeking financing from other lenders. Authorities have asked for an explanation for the omission but say they have not received an answer from the Trump Organization.
- While digging for answers, authorities said they discovered that Trump owed $150 million to Fortress by 2012. Fortress accepted just $48 million to pay off the loan in March 2012, forgiving more than $100 million of the debt.

This Campaign Donation boondoggle...... is it still more RIGHTEOUS VS SWAMPY vs a Clinton you use ? Is it really? Especially, as it was pretty HUGE .... like 100-mil $$$ HUGE. As Trump would put it ..... THEY LOVE ME AS THE BEST PRESIDENT AND YES SOME GAVE A BIT MUCH and WE THEN JUST REFUNDED.

Lawsuits lead to the refund, yet is it SWAMPY OR TRUMP WAS THE ONE DUPED HERE? Always Trump is a victim and all is a witchhunt.... nothing really is as a savior figure or less Swampy in reality in the end.... more that comes out the more YOU'ALL SHOULD REALIZE THIS.

Trump UNIVERSITY WAS A PROVEN SCAM AND CON NO DOUBTS THERE. HE HAD TO KNOW.

IT is jut MOMONKEYMONEY in pockets as just business. You are stupid enough perhaps to Trump .... hey I only am a business man in the end. You wanted all willingly I did not force you. A great OUT.

Maybe you should try it again after you have sobered-up.

Old 04-11-2021, 12:57 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times
Eh this won't really teach them a lesson. The same people have been giving generously to their churches without a single proof anyone has actually ascended to heaven. People with lower intelligence were born to be taken advantage of, whether it's by Trump, the church or the latest get rich scheme.

Old 04-11-2021, 01:27 PM

1,803 posts, read 936,473 times
Quote:
Maybe you should try it again after you have sobered-up.
Again, is a Donald Trump Righteous in dealings or Swampy also.... that much is coffee sober. Though I will be taking a walk to a local Watering hole and my Volunteer Firehouse club bar and sign their pool I won in the past and another. Small city life.

That time is soon. LOL Cause I can. I am retired early now. I see one draining the Swamp is a con also. Cause ones business dealings also count.

We still do not know if Trump might get some tax evasion thing.... like the only way they got Al Capone. As long as truth of Swamps and Cons are enough to have the GOP choose another and I might vote again for them as I did Trump the first time.

Old 04-11-2021, 01:34 PM

1,465 posts, read 623,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Eh this won't really teach them a lesson. The same people have been giving generously to their churches without a single proof anyone has actually ascended to heaven. People with lower intelligence were born to be taken advantage of, whether it's by Trump, the church or the latest get rich scheme.
You forgot to include blm.

Old 04-11-2021, 01:38 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
I don't condone this behavior but it is done all the time. Charities particularly love to take advantage of the elderly and don't get me started with trying to cancel a subscription to a service which has a monthly recurring payment such as sirius or dish Network there's so many examples to choose from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies