Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should elementary school kids (grades 1 thru 5) be taught sexual education?
YES 17 11.18%
NO 135 88.82%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2023, 04:44 PM

12,065 posts, read 6,325,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
After actually watching the cartoon in question I agree. IMO it was quite age appropriate, informative and in no way harmful. Six seems young but kids are smarter these days and there is a lot more sexual confusion than there was in my day, IMO. Better for kids to be informed as long as it is age appropriate. Parents often feel uncomfortable talking about anything sex related and thus dont always formulate a clear understanding.

I will never forget my poor mom trying to explain to me how babies were made when I was about six. I was horrified to say the least.
6 years old. What is the earliest age of pregnancy? I didn't think girls could get pregnant before age 9, although 8 years old is not unknown, just very rare. Typical age is 12.

What on earth is the vital, screaming, emergency need to teach 6 year olds sex education?

Old 04-27-2023, 04:48 PM

43,588 posts, read 18,659,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
6 years old. What is the earliest age of pregnancy? I didn't think girls could get pregnant before age 9, although 8 years old is not unknown, just very rare. Typical age is 12.

What on earth is the vital, screaming, emergency need to teach 6 year olds sex education?

so they can decided sooner if they want to "transition"
That or grooming them for pedophilia

Old 04-27-2023, 04:52 PM

11,173 posts, read 8,033,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
Can we all at least agree on something?
That this is very, very wrong:

Dalton parents enraged over ‘masturbation’ videos for first graders
https://nypost.com/2021/05/29/dalton...r-1st-graders/

First graders do not need to know about masturbation, in fact no one in elementary school should be exposed to sexual things. That's way too early.
These idiots should be criminally charged with supplying sexually explicit materials to underage children. Send a few of them to jail and let’s see how many will want to continue using our children as pawns to their sick progressive agendas.

Old 04-27-2023, 05:05 PM

The people voted for a progressive mayor and live in a progressive city so their kids are getting a progressive education...public or private.
No sympathy from me.

Old 04-27-2023, 05:10 PM

8,601 posts, read 4,846,356 times
First grade? No.
Fifth grade? Yeah.

If it’s age appropriate, that is. I think our first lesson was in fourth or fifth grade. It was very basic, about the parts and mechanics, nothing about pleasure, etc. It was also a German curriculum, not an American one. Acknowledging the existence of sex and sexual acts ≠ “grooming” or whatever. I am continually gobsmacked by the Pearl-clutching in this country about bodies and sex.

Old 04-27-2023, 05:25 PM

35,828 posts, read 21,211,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
Can we all at least agree on something?
That this is very, very wrong:

Dalton parents enraged over ‘masturbation’ videos for first graders

First graders do not need to know about masturbation, in fact no one in elementary school should be exposed to sexual things. That's way too early.
So this teacher went over board. The part of saying “no” is important. Sorry folks, some gramps are dirty old men. It does happen, too often. Most are family or friends of the family who hurt young kids. So some warnings should be taught. That’s it -at that grade level. My question, why are parents so afraid to speak up ? I don’t care if the school demands gold in payment, it’s my money. I think all sex anything should be explained and fully exposed to parents before the school year starts. Let parents decide to op out or not. This teacher went over the top for the age group. The school needs to communicate the whole curriculum to parents. And if parents are not getting involved/ that’s a zero.

Old 04-27-2023, 06:00 PM

19,342 posts, read 17,242,503 times
Private school $50k a year they chose it stop whining to the public....

Old 04-27-2023, 06:40 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 6 days ago)

35,934 posts, read 18,238,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
After actually watching the cartoon in question I agree. IMO it was quite age appropriate, informative and in no way harmful. Six seems young but kids are smarter these days and there is a lot more sexual confusion than there was in my day, IMO. Better for kids to be informed as long as it is age appropriate. Parents often feel uncomfortable talking about anything sex related and thus dont always formulate a clear understanding.

I will never forget my poor mom trying to explain to me how babies were made when I was about six. I was horrified to say the least.
I agree. I've seen videos made by this company that are geared at small children where there's suspected sexual abuse or molestation - and it tells matter of factly what is inappropriate and what is appropriate loving touch. Anything inside your bathing suit is yours alone to touch, and other people shouldn't be touching it or you asked to touch what is other people's bathing suits.

This is a private school in this article. If you don't want your kids learning what they're teaching, don't pay that huge expense to have them go there, and take your kids out.

Old 04-27-2023, 06:43 PM

37,177 posts, read 42,363,651 times
They want to be at Dalton and this is what Dalton is all about now

Old 04-27-2023, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I agree. I've seen videos made by this company that are geared at small children where there's suspected sexual abuse or molestation - and it tells matter of factly what is inappropriate and what is appropriate loving touch. Anything inside your bathing suit is yours alone to touch, and other people shouldn't be touching it or you asked to touch what is other people's bathing suits.

This is a private school in this article. If you don't want your kids learning what they're teaching, don't pay that huge expense to have them go there, and take your kids out.
It was about masturbation.

From the OP's link (which by the way is dated 2021)...the cartoon captions.

“Hey, how come sometimes my penis gets big sometimes and points in the air?” asks the little boy in the cartoon, leading to an explanation of what an “erection” is.

The boy nods and says, “Sometimes I touch my penis because it feels good.”

Then the little girl character chimes in: “Sometimes, when I’m in my bath or when Mom puts me to bed, I like to touch my vulva too.”

Fonte has reassured parents that she does not use the word “masturbation” in class, and that her lessons teach kids not to touch themselves in public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies