Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 08:24 PM

608 posts, read 239,691 times

Advertisements

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jersey-wo...235100658.html

When has a fine ever been leveled against the many millions of signs that say "F--k Trump". The profanity clause is BS.

In fact, when an image of Donald Trump's decapitated head was shown, nobody was arrested. If that garbage happened to an image of Obama, that person would spend their entire life in prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2021, 09:49 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,249,675 times
Hypocrisy .... thy name is Democrat.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:08 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,940,124 times
I guess I must lead a sheltered life because other than graffiti on bathroom walls, I've never seen anyone prominently display signs that read F* Trump or other similarly profane signs in their front yards.

Posting yard signs laced with obscenities on your front lawn is never a good idea, and I don't care who you are supporting. It coarsens the public discussion and makes the side who posted the obscenities appear to be knuckle dragging low life's, just spoiling for a fight.

Also, your neighbors will not thank you for bringing down the tone of the neighborhood, and those with small children may become especially upset. As a matter of fact, that's what it states in OP's link:

Quote:
Last month, a code enforcement officer issued a violation notice to the home pertaining to a law forbidding “any obscene material, communication or performance or other article or item which is obscene within the Borough."

Before the hearing, Dick refused to remove the signs, citing First Amendment protections, even after receiving a call from the city's mayor Joseph Signorello III -

“It’s been brought to our attention less because of the political aspect of it, but the vulgarity of it,” Signorello said last month. “The real problem is, from a neighbor perspective, is it’s a block away from an elementary school. It’s in a high-visibility area for children. Most of the ire was drawn from a lot of local parents.”
As usual, if you are a Trump supporter, than anything goes from insurrections at the Capitol to exposing small children to a litany of obscenities under the guise of First Amendment Rights.

You bet.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:15 AM

29,520 posts, read 22,668,047 times
Default She Hates Biden. Some of Her Neighbors Hate the Way She Shows It.

I'm generally not a fan of these types of things (signs with obscenity) regardless of political affiliation. But unless there's existing rules like HOA, freedom of speech.

Quote:
When local officials asked her to take down several of the banners that they said violated an anti-obscenity ordinance, she refused. Now, she is resisting a judge’s order that she do so and pledging to fight it in court on free speech grounds.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/she-hates...122017941.html

Old 07-20-2021, 08:19 AM

1,754 posts, read 756,366 times
There is a house not far from me that has a "F--- Biden" flag, except it really says the F word. The house is on a fairly busy road and has been flying for months. The couple looks so nice and happy as they play with their little kids in the yard and yet fly that obscenity flag.

I don't get the need to place F bombs alongside busy roads from your front yard.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:24 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
I have seen a few in Florida.. some people do not hold back what they think of Biden.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:26 AM

11,346 posts, read 16,711,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I have seen a few in Florida.. some people do not hold back what they think of Biden.

Why should this be different from any other President.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:29 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
There is a house not far from me that has a "F--- Biden" flag, except it really says the F word. The house is on a fairly busy road and has been flying for months. The couple looks so nice and happy as they play with their little kids in the yard and yet fly that obscenity flag.

I don't get the need to place F bombs alongside busy roads from your front yard.
I’m surprised someone hasn’t complained about that yet.

There’s a guy in my neighborhood who still has a big trump flag flying on his house. I just laugh at him, what a sore loser. And can’t help but notice he doesn’t have an American flag flying, just the trump flag.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:29 AM

6,751 posts, read 3,371,581 times
Well at least I don't have to remove my "Joe Biden is an Ass" bumper sticker.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:30 AM

10,106 posts, read 7,775,270 times
What's wrong with that banner? I think it's funny and so true. She didn't use any bad words that a kid wouldn't be allowed to see. Hech yeah, freedom of speech. Good she's fighting it.

They would probably want to have the American flag removed too if she also had that flying in her yard. We can't allow that. We have to take up for our freedoms before Joey takes them all away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies