Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 12:28 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I live in Florida. I don't care about Indiana, either.

Do you live in Indiana?
Im not sure why thats relevant. I'm simply pointing out that the article in question seems to be very misleading. Like the 125 number would be if it were a hospital employing 500 for example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2021, 12:44 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Im not sure why thats relevant. I'm simply pointing out that the article in question seems to be very misleading. Like the 125 number would be if it were a hospital employing 500 for example.
You do realize that there is already a healthcare worker shortage, right? And that the shortage is projected to get much worse even without the controversy over vaccines? While I agree that the equivalent of 61 full time employees is a drop in the bucket compared to the total number of employees, that’s 61 more empty positions in an area of industry which is already understaffed and which has no relief in sight.

Old 09-19-2021, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
You do realize that there is already a healthcare worker shortage, right? And that the shortage is projected to get much worse even without the controversy over vaccines? While I agree that the equivalent of 61 full time employees is a drop in the bucket compared to the total number of employees, that’s 61 more empty positions in an area of industry which is already understaffed and which has no relief in sight.
Its 61 people not adding to the problem. I call that a win.

Old 09-19-2021, 12:48 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
From what I've seen even if 20 or 30 nurses or doctors leave these hospitals it could be a complete disaster. I'm wondering if someone, or anyone (vaccinated or unvaccinated) cares who is helping them when they need it.

So would you rather horrible care with only vaccinated people, or good care with both unvaccinated and vaccinated people?

Old 09-19-2021, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
From what I've seen even if 20 or 30 nurses or doctors leave these hospitals it could be a complete disaster. I'm wondering if someone, or anyone (vaccinated or unvaccinated) cares who is helping them when they need it.

So would you rather horrible care with only vaccinated people, or good care with both unvaccinated and vaccinated people?
again. 125 out of 36,000.

Id rather have the care from the other 35,875 people. Those 125 dont change it from good to horrible. Its another example of misleading people.

Old 09-19-2021, 01:04 AM

4,960 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
I would think that it is relevant to the citizens of Indiana. IU is the largest network of physicians in the state of Indiana, not just one hospital. If you are not at risk of additional hospital staffing shortages that began well before COVID, I could understand that it would be irrelevant to you. Yet, you still chose to make a dismissive comment about the topic.

So again, are you an Indiana resident?

I would also think that if restaurants are having a difficult time finding qualified burger-flippers at $15 an hour, you'd be a bit less nonchalant about the importance of employing qualified healthcare staff.

But at least you made your ideological point.

Old 09-19-2021, 01:06 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well OSHA is going to fine employers $14K per incident.

Isn't this nice.

Average $500 fine for hiring an illegal
$14K for hiring an unvaccinated citizen.

This is what America has turned into.
What if it's an unvaccinated illegal?
Would they be fined $14,500, $13,500 or would they be GIVEN one of the above amounts?

Old 09-19-2021, 01:21 AM

Quote:
But at least you made your ideological point.
You mean that its only 125 out of 36,000 making it trivial, while its implied it wasnt? But sure, thats ideological. Pesky facts.

Old 09-19-2021, 01:25 AM

4,960 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
You mean that its only 125 out of 36,000 making it trivial, while its implied it wasnt? But sure, thats ideological. Pesky facts.
I asked you if lived in Indiana - where any shortage of medical staff would directly apply to you.

By your deflection, I think it is safe to assume that you are not an Indiana resident.

Old 09-19-2021, 01:29 AM

Quote:
I asked you if lived in Indiana - where any shortage of medical staff would directly apply to you.

By your deflection, I think it is safe to assume that you are not an Indiana resident.
Uhmmm...you do know this isn't in the Indiana subforum. Right? I pointed out why it was a tiny percentage, something that many would be misled by. Its a very relevant fact. And you want to talk about if im from Indiana? Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies