Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2021, 10:49 AM

1,866 posts, read 934,288 times

Advertisements

Austin is the most liberal city in all of Texas:

Austin Police no longer responding to ‘non-life threatening’ 911 calls
https://smcorridornews.com/austin-po...ing-911-calls/

This seems to be a growing trend among liberal cities.
Police will no longer respond to any minor crimes, only violent crimes.

So drug dealers, shop lifters, thieves, robbers, car thefts, purse snatchers, peeping toms, burglars, etc. Police won't respond to any of this unless there is violence.

Do Democrats actually support this? You guys are totally fine with these new rules?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2021, 10:52 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
No, we are not all “totally fine” with this. It’s mass hysteria, coming to cities nationwide.

But since many Texans believe in self-protection, and that you only call the police to record crime that has already taken place, I expect to hear a growing number of stories about citizens taking matters into their own hands here. It’s what will happen.

Old 10-05-2021, 10:54 AM

25,738 posts, read 12,824,670 times
program local law enforcement's emergency numbers into all of your cell phones, and call them direct.

Old 10-05-2021, 10:55 AM

6,028 posts, read 2,849,862 times
How can a dispatcher accurately determine if a situation is 'non-life threatening' without personally being there?

Old 10-05-2021, 10:57 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Did you even read the article explaining why?

Old 10-05-2021, 10:58 AM

For years, APD has done their best to avoid even responding to car accidents. It became common knowledge to falsely report an injury when calling the cops about an accident here … just to get them to come out.

People will start doing the same thing when reporting other types of crime now. Whatever it takes.

Old 10-05-2021, 11:00 AM

43,111 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
No, we are not all “totally fine” with this. It’s mass hysteria, coming to cities nationwide.

But since many Texans believe in self-protection, and that you only call the police to record crime that has already taken place, I expect to hear a growing number of stories about citizens taking matters into their own hands here. It’s what will happen.
No..Austin is ultra liberal bordering on progressive.
Even George Soros has donated $500K to the Austin cause of not reinstating police funding.

You made your bed and now you have to deal with the consequences.

Once you get outside of Austin the police will respond just fine.
You wanted Austin to be just like California and now it is.

I lived in Travis county and worked in Austin 1996-2010.
Retired and moved to Milam county with trips back to Austin up to 2018.
So I did see the changes and I wasn't impressed.

Old 10-05-2021, 11:01 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,793,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
For years, APD has done their best to avoid even responding to car accidents. It became common knowledge to falsely report an injury when calling the cops about an accident here … just to get them to come out.

People will start doing the same thing when reporting other types of crime now. Whatever it takes.
Austin residents should demand their money back from APD. I just saw the budget for my city in a local paper, and public safety was about 60% of it.

They should at least ask for a refund of 60% of their property taxes so they can go hire private security.

Then what happens if the cops don't come out for a car accident? You just sort it out with insurance?

Old 10-05-2021, 11:11 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Austin is the most liberal city in all of Texas:

Austin Police no longer responding to ‘non-life threatening’ 911 calls
https://smcorridornews.com/austin-po...ing-911-calls/

This seems to be a growing trend among liberal cities.
Police will no longer respond to any minor crimes, only violent crimes.

So drug dealers, shop lifters, thieves, robbers, car thefts, purse snatchers, peeping toms, burglars, etc. Police won't respond to any of this unless there is violence.

Do Democrats actually support this? You guys are totally fine with these new rules?
This has been changing in many communities for years now.

Old 10-05-2021, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
No..Austin is ultra liberal bordering on progressive.
Even George Soros has donated $500K to the Austin cause of not reinstating police funding.

You made your bed and now you have to deal with the consequences.

Once you get outside of Austin the police will respond just fine.
You wanted Austin to be just like California and now it is.

I lived in Travis county and worked in Austin 1996-2010.
Retired and moved to Milam county with trips back to Austin up to 2018.
So I did see the changes and I wasn't impressed.
Much of Austin is ultra liberal - this is true. But much of Austin are also law abiding gun owners who appreciate law and order, and are publicly fighting our city now to see it returned. We have an election coming that will put the decision of future policing back in the hands of us - the citizens - because enough of us fought hard enough for it to happen.

I made my bed? HA! You aren’t speaking to a loony progressive here. Please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies