Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2024, 07:52 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,584,341 times

Advertisements

A massive 7.5 scale earthquake has hit the island of Taiwan and sparked tsunami fears:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-country.html

It will be interesting to see how China responds. If they were fixen to invade now might be the best time (though I don’t think they will). I heard rumors that some governments have the technology to cause an earthquake. But they’re just rumors, aren’t they?
Moderators for US and World Forums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2024, 08:38 PM

936 posts, read 423,406 times
Nothing burger. Lived there 50 or so years ago.

My German nephew who is there studying says situation normal. That’s a response we received less than 30 minutes afterwards.

Old 04-02-2024, 09:28 PM

4,155 posts, read 4,171,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
A massive 7.5 scale earthquake has hit the island of Taiwan and sparked tsunami fears:

It will be interesting to see how China responds. If they were fixen to invade now might be the best time (though I don’t think they will). I heard rumors that some governments have the technology to cause an earthquake. But they’re just rumors, aren’t they?
US send Arms closer to China than China arm force close to Taiwan.

And you saying China wanting invade China? Just the elite military industrial need another payday from the deep state.

Old 04-02-2024, 10:32 PM

6,092 posts, read 3,332,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillinICT View Post
Nothing burger. Lived there 50 or so years ago.

My German nephew who is there studying says situation normal. That’s a response we received less than 30 minutes afterwards.
Yes, most of the country is business as normal, especially Taipei being unaffected. But there were a few toppled buildings elsewhere and I wouldn’t say it was a nothing burger for Hualien.

Old 04-03-2024, 09:54 AM

2,310 posts, read 957,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post

Rolling my eyes at this entire post.
China is going to respond by sending aid.
Yes, there's technology to move tectonic plates if you drop a large enough bomb. /s

Old 04-03-2024, 06:43 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,478,441 times
Just saw some video from a city in Taiwan. It was much more than a "nothing burger". Tall buildings are tilted at 30 degrees off vertical, probably will be torn down before the collapse (hopefully), huge boulders plunging down toward a highway.

It's really a major disaster for the people there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies