Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2021, 08:24 AM

21,952 posts, read 9,522,996 times

Advertisements

I knew almost 2 years ago when I listened to the Illinois State School Board meeting they were jonesing for some $$. The entire conversation was 'black and brown children this' and 'black and brown children that'. It's not about black and brown children. It's about lining THEIR pockets.

https://justthenews.com/accountabili...andemic-relief

Teachers get raises, bonuses from federal COVID relief funds meant to reopen schools safely

NEA guidance issued in June outlined how unions could claim entitlement to increased teacher compensation from federal COVID-19 emergency relief funding and school cost savings realized during the pandemic...

Schools nationwide received $190 billion through three relief packages passed. Of that total, the largest sum, $122 billion, was from President Biden's American Rescue Plan.

The federal Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief funds were ostensibly meant to reopen schools safely amid the pandemic and return students to in-person instruction. Millions, however, were used for COVID-19 bonuses, teacher pay raises, even to cover payroll, Just The News found...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2021, 08:28 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
So sick of the vocal crybaby section of teachers.

Old 12-20-2021, 09:04 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,277,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I knew almost 2 years ago when I listened to the Illinois State School Board meeting they were jonesing for some $$. The entire conversation was 'black and brown children this' and 'black and brown children that'. It's not about black and brown children. It's about lining THEIR pockets.

https://justthenews.com/accountabili...andemic-relief

Teachers get raises, bonuses from federal COVID relief funds meant to reopen schools safely

NEA guidance issued in June outlined how unions could claim entitlement to increased teacher compensation from federal COVID-19 emergency relief funding and school cost savings realized during the pandemic...

Schools nationwide received $190 billion through three relief packages passed. Of that total, the largest sum, $122 billion, was from President Biden's American Rescue Plan.

The federal Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief funds were ostensibly meant to reopen schools safely amid the pandemic and return students to in-person instruction. Millions, however, were used for COVID-19 bonuses, teacher pay raises, even to cover payroll, Just The News found...
Democrat stimulus and most of their Legislation is always about Union Payoffs, hidden somewhere.
That exactly what the Obama Stimulus was …. A bailout to Unions

This should not shake anyone.

Old 12-20-2021, 09:12 AM

640 posts, read 451,012 times
I'd add that EVERYTHING the Dems enact, every little penny, is some kind of payoff to their supporters. And there are no more vocal supporters of them than the teacher's unions. Time to decertify those and open public schools to real competition.

Old 12-20-2021, 09:16 AM

43,152 posts, read 18,306,779 times
SC did something different. We're using that money to provide free 2 year tuition for CC students to get technical degrees.

Old 12-20-2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxrob View Post
If we can’t keep schools open now because of a lack of teachers and staff EVERYWHERE, I don’t see a problem with paying them more to help recruit more employees. It’s hard to keep a school open if you don’t have any staff.
That money isn't ongoing. That was a one time drop of money. Mostly used for bonuses and to cover payroll shortfalls.

They can't increase salaries as salaries are based on budgets, not windfalls from Uncle Sam.

Old 12-20-2021, 11:09 AM

45,239 posts, read 26,470,793 times
As if we need more reasons to eliminate govt schools

Old 12-20-2021, 11:22 AM

4,167 posts, read 4,884,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxrob View Post
If we can’t keep schools open now because of a lack of teachers and staff EVERYWHERE, I don’t see a problem with paying them more to help recruit more employees. It’s hard to keep a school open if you don’t have any staff.
I have no issue with funding schools but what irks me is no matter how much funding they get it's never enough and they always come back wanting more. School children are being used as pawns to get more money instead of administrators working within a budget. Never heard so much wailing about schools and teacher pay when I was growing up.

School facilities were properly maintained to help avoid expensive repairs but today the administrators seem to intentionally allow school buildings to deteriorate to the point where extensive renovations are required and beg for more money instead of budgeting annual maintenance costs as needed.

Old 12-20-2021, 11:29 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,920,728 times
Incentives for teachers not to quit in a hard time because of covid. What's the problem?

Old 12-20-2021, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Incentives for teachers not to quit in a hard time because of covid. What's the problem?
A lot of it was used to cover budget shortfalls. That was not the intent.
The intent was to make the schools safe..you know those plexiglass separators, masks, sanitary stations, etc.
So instead these people are pocketing the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies