Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 07:09 AM

28,338 posts, read 16,474,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
No idea on a wide scale, that info is not reported as far as I know.

If you are asking for my anecdotal experience, my fully vaxxed family member could have used it. He is the only one I know out of everyone I know who has had Covid and died.

Putting all of our eggs into the vaccine basket has not worked well.

I'm sorry for your loss, but assuming that monoclonal antibodies would have saved your loved one is a leap.

Why did your family member not get the infusion(s)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2022, 07:13 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,848,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I'm sorry for your loss, but assuming that monoclonal antibodies would have saved your loved one is a leap.

Why did your family member not get the infusion(s)?
I actually don’t think the monoclonals would have saved them but they were the only person I know who had a severe case in spite of their vaccine. They would have died last year from one thing or another due to underlying conditions. If covid hadn’t gotten them, it would have been something else. Like a lot of people who die from covid.

The main point is we need treatments. Relying solely on the vaccine has always been short sighted. Doubling down on it and pretending it’s due to cost is not helpful.

Old 01-03-2022, 07:20 AM

Quote:
I actually don’t think the monoclonals would have saved them but they were the only person I know who had a severe case in spite of their vaccine. They would have died last year from one thing or another due to underlying conditions. If covid hadn’t gotten them, it would have been something else. Like a lot of people who die from covid.

The main point is we need treatments. Relying solely on the vaccine has always been short sighted. Doubling down on it and pretending it’s due to cost is not helpful.
Vaccines are a better and cheaper way to keep people out of the hospital and out of the morgue. Period.

All of the data shows this.

That's where any reasonable person would expect the .gov to focus their efforts.

Whatever is left over from the vax initiative can be allocated to the 2nd best option. Is that infusions? Is that the COVID therapeutic pill? Is that Ivermectin?

Old 01-03-2022, 07:26 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,848,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Vaccines are a better and cheaper way to keep people out of the hospital and out of the morgue. Period.

All of the data shows this.

That's where any reasonable person would expect the .gov to focus their efforts.

Whatever is left over from the vax initiative can be allocated to the 2nd best option. Is that infusions? Is that the COVID therapeutic pill? Is that Ivermectin?
Good luck when you get Covid anyway. This a terrible policy.

Old 01-03-2022, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Good luck when you get Covid anyway. This a terrible policy.
Well, I'm 47 with no co-morbidities, so I wouldn't be eligible for the infusions regardless.

I don't know what "policy" you're referring to, all I did was refer to statistics and data and then offer personal opinion.

Old 01-03-2022, 07:46 AM

45,674 posts, read 24,155,750 times
It seems that states have mismanaged their allocation/distribution of the treatments and we have run out.

Sad.

Old 01-03-2022, 07:57 AM

63,917 posts, read 46,936,700 times
The global demand for therapeutics substantially exceeds global supply.

The effectiveness of any therapeutic approved for emergency use is variable dependent on the variant.

Two states, Florida and Texas were using Federal Funds to hog Regeneron and not reporting usage , as required. Each dose costs $3000 +/- and in some cases was being used to treat asymptomatic- mild symptom cases.

HHS imposed itself in the distribution process to ensure greater equity across all 50 states.

While Regeneron was reasonably effective for early and then the Delta variant, that is not the case against Omicron.

A therapeutic that is effective against Omicron may not be effective against the next highly contagious variant likely to emerge from within a large mass of unvaccinated people, no diff than Delta and Omicron did.

Old 01-03-2022, 08:03 AM

1,814 posts, read 923,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I didn’t even realize this was a Federal responsibility...so...maybe the states should just do what they should be doing anyway, that really shouldn’t have the Feds involved in the first place. Biden or not, the Feds are reliably unreliable at doing anything they promise.
When the CDC stepped in and decided to to ration the supply of monoclonal covid treatments that made it a Biden screwup. Like everything this ftard and his administration touch they screw up. Hopefully the plague hits the White House and puts and end to this dog and pony show.

Old 01-03-2022, 08:10 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,991,928 times
My father is a heart transplant recipient who lives on heavy immune suppressants to keep him alive. His doctor at NY Columbia spoke to him last week stating they WERE having very good success using these therapeutics on transplant patients with COVID however they can no longer get ANY. The government stopped allowing private from buying and now only the government can buy and ration. Since this change, they have been waiting for some and while waiting people are dying.

Old 01-03-2022, 08:16 AM

14,267 posts, read 7,018,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
When the CDC stepped in and decided to to ration the supply of monoclonal covid treatments that made it a Biden screwup. Like everything this ftard and his administration touch they screw up. Hopefully the plague hits the White House and puts and end to this dog and pony show.
Be careful what you wish for. Karma will get you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies