Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2022, 12:13 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,909,270 times

Advertisements

This comes a week after the new Democrat Mayor began implementing his plan to supposedly make Subways safer.

Quote:
A 57-year-old woman who works as a researcher for the city's Department of Health was kicked down the stairs and bashed in the head with a hammer repeatedly before being robbed Thursday at the Queens Plaza subway station in Long Island City, according to a senior NYPD official and authorities.

She was ambushed from behind by the stranger, who is seen on video following her into the station about a step behind. Cops say he pulled out the hammer after kicking her down the stairs and hit her with it multiple times in the head.

He then took her purse, which had some cash, two phones, two rings and credit and debit cards, and fled the scene. It's not clear if any words were exchanged.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...ubway/3571618/

The Big Apple has been through waves of violence and poverty like this before; but with the COVID Nazi mandates, the Dems may have finally finished the metropolis off for good.

That's what happens, I guess, when thriving mom and pops get shut down and put out of business; and deprivation spreads like an unrelenting cancer.

I suppose going easy on crime and defunding the Police doesn't exactly help either.

And this is just one isolated incident of many. If we were to catalogue the non-stop carnage we'd never have time for anything else.

You too can kill off your city - just FOLLOW THE SCIENCE! (tm)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2022, 12:17 PM

7,426 posts, read 3,572,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
This comes a week after the new Democrat Mayor began implementing his plan to supposedly make Subways safer.

dont worry, white flight will be blamed for the demise of the city, not democrat policies

Old 02-25-2022, 12:18 PM

29,571 posts, read 14,720,164 times
Must be a lot of white supremacists in NYC....who would have thought.

Old 02-25-2022, 12:30 PM

24,543 posts, read 17,297,674 times
What is it with these criminals that are now turning to such violence? Wouldn't it have been enough to threaten the woman with the hammer. He didn't have to push her down the stairs and beat her.

The thugs need to be locked up. If more detention centers, jails, courts, prisons, lethal injection chambers need to be built then do it. The thugs on the streets are only doing the dirty work of the thugs that were elected.

Old 02-25-2022, 12:31 PM

45,254 posts, read 26,506,671 times
Hopefully her PCR test is negative

Old 02-25-2022, 12:36 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,927,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...ubway/3571618/

The Big Apple has been through waves of violence and poverty like this before; but with the COVID Nazi mandates, the Dems may have finally finished the metropolis off for good.

That's what happens, I guess, when thriving mom and pops get shut down and put out of business; and deprivation spreads like an unrelenting cancer.

I suppose going easy on crime and defunding the Police doesn't exactly help either.

And this is just one isolated incident of many. If we were to catalogue the non-stop carnage we'd never have time for anything else.

I would say defunding the police is a major part of it….

Old 02-25-2022, 12:37 PM

5,994 posts, read 2,250,298 times
Quote:
A 57-year-old woman who works as a researcher for the city's Department of Health was kicked down the stairs and bashed in the head with a hammer repeatedly before being robbed Thursday at the Queens Plaza subway station in Long Island City, according to a senior NYPD official and authorities.
That is about pure violence. The robbery is just a cover, could have stolen her purse just by shoving the lady.

She was using the handrail to go downstairs one step at a time, not exactly someone who could avoid having her purse taken, but again that was not the actual goal here.

Old 02-25-2022, 12:41 PM

6,619 posts, read 5,021,953 times
I grew up in NYC during the crack and aids epidemic, that was like Beirut, and the older guys would tells us how much worse the 70's NYC was. I was in the city a week ago and so some 20yo girls walking around a part of red hook I would not have gone without a pope mobile when I was growing up.

Old 02-25-2022, 12:42 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,630,631 times
critically injured.

where's charles bronson when you need him?

Old 02-25-2022, 12:44 PM

18,511 posts, read 8,331,509 times
....arm everyone...and let them settle it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies