Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: This this help or hurt Beto politically
Helped - He said what need to be said. 19 16.38%
Hurt- He's a shameful opportunist 97 83.62%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2022, 06:36 AM

1,811 posts, read 901,314 times

Advertisements

Beto is simply a worthless piece of human excrement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2022, 06:36 AM

6,035 posts, read 2,849,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
I don't care whether it helped or hurt him politically. That wasn't the point (despite what Republican propaganda would have you believe.) He helped a BUNCH of victim families say what NEEDED to be said to their horrible political representatives.

Won't matter in Texas where the moronic whims of the very stupid Republican base control the state (education is not highly regarded here in most of TX.) But glad he did it. Maybe in the future more people will listen.
Are you one of the same people who bashed President Trump for his questionable decorum? If so, it is quite a double standard to excuse the actions of Mr. O'Rourke simply because you agree with him...

Old 05-26-2022, 06:39 AM

4,853 posts, read 3,279,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
He done politically in TX. There’s no way he’ll win office after this opportunistic stunt. He’s a jerk for doing it.
He didn't have a chance to begin with... but he can certainly stop wasting any MORE money on it after this. He's an embarrassment. But then again, so is Kamala Harris.

Old 05-26-2022, 06:40 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,080,558 times
I would just tell 'ol Robert to lighten up Francis.

Old 05-26-2022, 06:53 AM

4,331 posts, read 7,237,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
I don't care whether it helped or hurt him politically. That wasn't the point (despite what Republican propaganda would have you believe.) He helped a BUNCH of victim families say what NEEDED to be said to their horrible political representatives.

Won't matter in Texas where the moronic whims of the very stupid Republican base control the state (education is not highly regarded here in most of TX.) But glad he did it. Maybe in the future more people will listen.
One thing to bear in mind is that Texas was a blue state (as far as state government control), until the 1990s.

Texas has had Republican governors since 1995, the State Senate has been Republican-majority since 1997, and the State House since 2003.

Old 05-26-2022, 07:06 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,473,493 times
This guy is always super cringe but this incident was the cringyest of all super cringes. I really wish this guy would just go away. He's not helping anything.

Old 05-26-2022, 07:07 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Regardless of how you feel about gun laws Beto grandstanding was completely inappropriate.
Not a good look for any politician. Trying to score political points at an event like this? Voters will not be kind to Robert Francis.

The question used to be "how low can you go". Well, O'Rourke has answered that for us.
He would have to do chin ups to get out of the gutter.

Old 05-26-2022, 07:10 AM

6,813 posts, read 9,357,536 times
It probably helped him with Democrats (a few of my Democrat friends who don’t live in Texas thought it was amazing and brave because he ‘said what needed to be said’) but hurt his chances with everyone else who felt like it wasn’t the right venue to express those ideas.

Old 05-26-2022, 07:21 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,207,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
I've never voted for a Democrat in my life and I never will but Beto was right on the money, whatever he said.
LOL...you agree with him but you have no idea what he said?

Sorry, no offense but that just struck me as funny.

Old 05-26-2022, 08:15 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
I've never voted for a Democrat in my life and I never will but Beto was right on the money, whatever he said.

90% of Republicans are sticking their heads in the sand on this. When it comes to guns, they're "hear no evil, see no evil, say no evil." I don't know why because the top Republicans if not the rank and file are smart people. Not shifty and clever like Democrats but just plain smart.

There is evil. There always has been and there always will be. But for Abbott to use it as a curtain to hide behind is shameful. He knows what has to be done but for some reason, and I can't believe it's the pathetic NRA, he won't say what it is.

I can only assume he's afraid too many of his followers will take umbrage if he is honest with them. This isn't leadership. It's cowardice.
What exactly has to be done?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies