Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 10:15 AM

25,743 posts, read 12,824,670 times

Advertisements

This thread has been pretty hard on Democrats, so I wish the Op had titled it 3 things "Liberals" hate instead.

I still contend that there are a large % of Dem/Indy voters who are not uber-left progressive liberals, but are patriotic Americans that are quite similar to Republicans. Many times they vote Dem due to 1 or 2 issues (abortions or union support for example), but side w Pubs on most of the rest....like the economy and national defense.

I see the chasm being between Uber-Left Libs and moderate Dems/Indy's as being wider, than between moderate Dems/indy's and Republicans.

I think the moderate Dems & independents will vote mostly with Pubs in the next 2 national elections which, would confirm my thoughts.

I really think some of the uber left agenda like; BLM, late-term abortions, limiting school choice, teaching CRT, siding w/ teachers unions over parents/students are all seen as repulsive by many Dem/Indy voters. They dont like the weaponization of the federal gov't agencies either.

Old 05-27-2022, 10:27 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Well I disagree with everything you say here, but at least you were polite....

Every law abiding citizen has the right to own a gun for protection and I don't care how many school shootings there have been. What needs to happen is school security needs to be strengthened, and armed guards need to be hired. One door to enter, it's locked all the time and you need to be buzzed in. We need to make it a lot more difficult for the bad guys to get in. That $40 billion that Biden sent to Ukraine to cover up his corruption could have bought a lot of school security.

i have grown very tired of constant political bickering, there have always been differences between people

and in this country we have always made compromises between the party's to compromise, which may many time not always offer our preferred opinions that is democracy

i dont hate anyone, years ago i found myself jealous of an individual and so i wondered if i could swap lives, would i, absolutely not my own life warts and all is preferable

Old 05-27-2022, 10:38 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Saw it on Twitter, bringing it to city-data. You can thank me later.

Democrats HATE:

1. Voter ID because it makes it harder for them to cheat in elections

2. Free speech because it makes it harder for them to lie

3. The Second Amendment because it makes it harder to steal your liberty.
"Three things the democrats hate"

1. Trump

2. Trump

3. Trump

Old 05-27-2022, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
6) jobs for minorities. that was the REAL sin Trump committed.
"jobs for minorities. that was the REAL sin Trump committed."

PSST! Minorities had the LOWEST UNemployment numbers under Trump then ANY previous president.

You can wipe the egg off your face now!

Old 05-27-2022, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
8). Republicans who generalize complex Democratic principles and beliefs into sound bites
And the dems NEVER do this!

Old 05-27-2022, 01:54 PM

11,022 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
You gave yourself away on that first one.

What does protecting kids from leftist indoctrination and subversion have to do with free speech? Well, in a way it does have something to do with it because subversion is denying free speech. But besides that, this thread is about Democrats, not Conservatives.
Wow...never expected you to be wearing an orange Kool Ade smile but there ya are.
Care to explain your distain?

Did I say anything that isn't true?

Old 05-27-2022, 02:29 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,163,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Three things the democrats hate"

1. Trump

2. Trump

3. Trump

I was going to say:

1. Trump
2. Putin
3. The new guy on the block Elon Musk
4. I'll give honorable mention to DeSantis.

Old 05-27-2022, 05:36 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,566,841 times
Quote:
Saw it on Twitter, bringing it to city-data. You can thank me later.

Democrats HATE:

1. Voter ID because it makes it harder for them to cheat in elections

2. Free speech because it makes it harder for them to lie

3. The Second Amendment because it makes it harder to steal your liberty.

Are you kidding?! I know plenty of Dems who do not have an issue with any of the above. This is such crap. Why does the right continuously make this stuff up? Was this stuff beat into your head as a child and you think it's correct?

I first handed have witnessed the following:

1. Working in a medical setting, I constantly see 'righters" argue about showing proof of ID with their
insurance card. We ask for this because we do not want to have someone using someone elses insurance
becuase it has happened in the past. Fraud.

2. Everytime Trump opened his mouth, out came a lie and then his followers joined in.

3. Really? I know plenty of Dems who own guns and grew up with them.

You folks have to just stop the crap and find something more productive to chat about.

Old 05-27-2022, 05:51 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Americans.

Old 05-27-2022, 07:10 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,487 times
Successful blacks.
Successful Hispanics.
A thriving America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies