Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 01:42 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

it will never happen. we will never get that oil.
why? same reason the vikings did not stay in canada. non stop harrassment and small skirmish and ambush. vikings gave up and left. the beauty of guerilla war, its cheap, effective and causes demoralization of an invading force and causes lots of expense for them as well. guerilla war works almost whenever used. we did not squish iraqi they pulled back cast their unforms in an alley trash can and have been fighting guerilla ever since. special note guerilla warfare does not work on the ruthless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 02:10 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,314,005 times
Oh, how sad this thread is. At every turn there are far more emotions than integrity. Your narrow mindedness blows me away. I won't argue with you, but I do hope that each of you who wrote with such anger, such hatred, will soon realize that history will prove the whole picture.

Stop fighting DC about the war.... It's far more dangerous to live in a US City than in Baghdad. Do something with your words to help stop the unauthorized murder of innocent men, women, and children here in the states. We lost 37,000 young men, millions of Korean people and today, S. Korea thrives while the North much like Iraq under Sadam can only hope to survive one more day. Was it worth it?

Old 05-23-2008, 03:03 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,095,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I know its hard, but please attempt to post accurate data. We have not killed 1,000,000 people in Iraq.. please..

Iraq Body Count
Oh brother, not another one. Let me ask you, brother, who do you think has posted those numbers? Despite it being a website and you believe websites to be excellent sources (rolls eyes), let me explain to you that those numbers are derived from White House executives (not that there is anything wrong with them) but let me ask you a simple question:

What do you believe the U.S. government would like to portray to its citizens about the death of something they caused? A lower number or a higher number? The lower number, which doesn't sound so bad? Correct. (Or do you believe surgical strikes are really surgical? I know a couple of women and children's shelters that would beg to differ.)

It may be a wise move on your part to research what independent studies have shown is the case in Iraq. In a case which I believe to be pretty accurate puts the number over 1,000,000 to about 1,213,000 Iraqi's.

This number is NOT stating that this is the amount of native-Iraqi born whom have been killed BY U.S. soldiers. No one claimed this, brother. What it is is tracks deaths which were the result of war and the conditions which followed it.

Those killed by the bombs of the invasion (far more than your ridiculous tally, FYI), those killed by suicide bombers following, those killed by starvation and robbery/death based on limited resources, food poisoning, cholera (oh yeah, remember that?), water-born diseases post-war, and all the like.

Of course the tally can only be mostly accurate and not completely so, but your little silly website is laughable to anyone who understands the totality of war. It really isn't even that many people, when you consider the length of time in which we have been there. It is, however, startling when you realize that prior to this war, there was only a population of between 25-27 million people. If war were as routine and cute as you seem to believe, we wouldn't be protesting its affects in the manner that many do.

Open your mind, brother.

Just Foreign Policy - Iraqi Death Estimate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies