Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2022, 04:11 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 14 days ago)

35,648 posts, read 18,006,664 times

Advertisements

I'm seeing a lot of fluffy little dogs, that get snapped up very quickly in shelters.

Probably she has the luxury to screen with all kinds of criteria, of her choosing.

https://shelterhopepetshop.org/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2022, 04:14 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,559,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
They care about them until they dont.
This has been happening more often lately... I know around here they won't let you adopt ONE cat.. they make you take two.

Only hurts the pets -- that they don't care about.

Old 06-12-2022, 04:15 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,102,240 times
How do you even verify such a thing?

Old 06-12-2022, 04:28 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,604,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I don't even want to know what they do with the hunting breeds there.
They won’t let you have a dog for hunting, only “companionship.” They all ask why you want the dog on your application. I know this all sounds strange but people who have adopted pets in places like CA and NJ know what I’m talking about.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 06-12-2022, 04:35 PM

398 posts, read 207,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
How do you even verify such a thing?
If I didn't know my politics were under scrutiny I might comment that Biden sucks and this gun control won't work.

Otherwise once out the door that's it. These weirdos don't have the resources to be spying on people.

I don't have the stupid Facebook, but I guess for those that use that instead of message boards they could start trouble I guess.

" Sill emphasized that if a person lies about supporting the organization, "we will sue you for fraud."

What ever you nutcase. Sue me.

Maybe my politics changed from the time I adopted the pet, I woke up and saw what a scam the dems and MSM are. Like millions are finally doing.

Old 06-12-2022, 04:36 PM

45,246 posts, read 26,482,257 times
They have control issues, and they hate us while pretending to be giving, caring, loving, etc. *gag*

Old 06-12-2022, 04:39 PM

19,830 posts, read 9,392,703 times
I bet they would have even turned this gun owner down -- despite that he rescued 13 kittens abandoned by a side of the road.

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/09/11040...re-appeared-13

Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQleRchSEPo

Old 06-12-2022, 04:41 PM

19,245 posts, read 17,117,587 times
Sounds more like an animal rescue group than a public animal shelter, many of them have weird criteria to adopt their animals. One told us that we couldn't adopt a cat because we would allow them to be indoor/outdoor which they don't approve of so we went elswhere.

Old 06-12-2022, 04:45 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 14 days ago)

35,648 posts, read 18,006,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
They have control issues, and they hate us while pretending to be giving, caring, loving, etc. *gag*
If you've ever volunteered with a shelter or rescue, you'd grow to understand it.

It's amazing what people will openly admit they intend to do with the dog.

Use it in a car tow lot as a guard dog overnight. Give it to their girlfriend for valentines day, although she has not expressed the desire for a dog. Give it to their dad who lives alone and has beginning dementia and some depression and they think this will cheer him right up, and no he hasn't expressed any interest in having a dog. They want a tiny little quiet dog because their landlord doesn't allow pets so they'll have to do it on the sly.

You hear one woman whisper to another, on trying to adopt a french bulldog, "that dog can be sold for $3,000, easy".

And on and on. And you hope when it doesn't work out, at the very least they'll take the time to bring the dog back to the shelter and not just dump it somewhere in the country because they don't want it "going to a kill shelter".

Yes, I've volunteered my fair share of shifts and heard the most discouraging things.

Last edited by ClaraC; 06-12-2022 at 04:54 PM..

Old 06-12-2022, 04:53 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,236,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
If you've ever volunteered with a shelter or rescue, you'd grow to understand it.

It's amazing what people will openly admit they intend to do with the dog.

Use it in a car tow lot as a guard dog overnight. Give it to their girlfriend for valentines day, although she has not expressed the desire for a dog. Give it to their dad who lives alone and has beginning dementia and some depression and they think this will cheer him right up, and no he hasn't expressed any interest in having a dog. They want a tiny little quiet dog because their landlord doesn't allow pets so they'll have to do it on the sly.

You hear one woman whisper to another, on trying to adopt a french bulldog, "that dog's can be sold for $3,000, easy".

And on and on. And you hope when it doesn't work out, at the very least they'll take the time to bring the dog back to the shelter and not just dump it somewhere in the country because they don't want it "going to a kill shelter".

Yes, I've volunteered my fair share of shifts and heard the most discouraging things.
Except this shelter has nothing to do with what you described and is specifically targeting NRA members and folks that won’t hop on the gun control bandwagon that Dems want everyone one. Sounds like quite the discrimination with their virtue signaling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies