Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2022, 12:24 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Especially when the blame for something is beyond his control such as world oil prices...
Those and inflation are Putin's fault going all the way to a year or so ago.

The President made that quite clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2022, 02:07 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Oh save it, your boy was like rubber ball where anything negative bounced off to someone else only when it was positive did he take ownership...
He wasn’t “my boy”.

Old 06-14-2022, 02:29 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,307,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Down only a couple point in this market. There's a pattern here where the customers suffer but shareholders profit from shortages.
Mr Famous Stock Market Nostradumas, please expound on your vast knowledge of shareholders profiting from shortages when the stock price goes down.

For extra credit, tell us whether Edgewell's industries would be better or worse to invest in during a recession.

Old 06-14-2022, 03:08 PM

45,577 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I don't know how he does it, but Biden keeps causing shortage after shortage. Now it is tampons. They are in scarce supply and young women are getting edgy.

The shortage is caused by Biden putting tampons in men's bathrooms for use of transgender persons according to one well-respected Republican.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2100378.html

Seriously, though, yet another challenge in this post-pandemic dystopia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You spelled “govt caused supply chain destruction” wrong
He also spelled "people who menstruate" wrong.

Old 06-14-2022, 03:59 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,163,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Never had a tampon shortage when Trump was President.
There was a toilet roll shortage when Trump was President.

Old 06-14-2022, 04:51 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I always wonder how conservatives would be spinning this to blame it on Dems when all of these issues would have been happening anyway if Trump had been re-elected.
it wouldnt be happening. good grief. stop being helpless and pretending everyone is helpless like you

Old 06-14-2022, 04:56 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,488,380 times
There's a shortage of sunscreen and sunburn products as well. I had a worker tell me that they only stock it when it's in season. It's the middle of June. I don't know how widespread it is, but locally it's hard to find anything.

Old 06-14-2022, 04:57 PM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times
As I've suggested before, people should look into what the natives were using for tampons. I don't think women should be making their own, but hopefully, there are some smart, resourceful business minded people out there who can come up with a solution using ingredients that are native to our land, so we don't need to import them. It won't be cheap, but when you have shortages, you have to switch to the next best option. Or at least have a fall back plan for the nation until we can get things back under control.

Gotta say, Joe Biden has really changed the game for Americans. It used to be set to easy. People are going to have to actually use their brains, critically think, make difficult choices... I'm not happy about it, but people were complaining that Americans got too dumb. Well, exercising your brain is the best way to sharpen that muscle. Our adversaries, especially Putin, should be afraid actually.

Old 06-14-2022, 05:01 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
it wouldnt be happening. good grief. stop being helpless and pretending everyone is helpless like you
I'm not at all helpless. And yes, it would be happening under Trump. In spring of 2020 gas prices started rising and they were shooting straight up before Biden took office. Trump. couldn't stop it while he was in office, and it would therefore obviously have continued. Or else...why didn't he stop the climb? He had eight months. Supply issues...same. Issues in the wake of the pandemic are happening globally, and you have to try really hard to not see that.

Old 06-14-2022, 05:12 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
As I've suggested before, people should look into what the natives were using for tampons. I don't think women should be making their own, but hopefully, there are some smart, resourceful business minded people out there who can come up with a solution using ingredients that are native to our land, so we don't need to import them. It won't be cheap, but when you have shortages, you have to switch to the next best option. Or at least have a fall back plan for the nation until we can get things back under control.

Gotta say, Joe Biden has really changed the game for Americans. It used to be set to easy. People are going to have to actually use their brains, critically think, make difficult choices... I'm not happy about it, but people were complaining that Americans got too dumb. Well, exercising your brain is the best way to sharpen that muscle. Our adversaries, especially Putin, should be afraid actually.

I don't know what natives use, but I've read that Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) use sheep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies