Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 01:32 PM

18,271 posts, read 14,467,331 times

Advertisements

Those kids on Riverdale are pretty odd, most of them. Stopped watching years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2022, 02:14 PM

29,230 posts, read 22,459,664 times
Itsounds to me that the guy is suffering from schizophrenic paranoia.
The disease usually onsets in late adolescence, and by their mid-20s or later becomes very strong after years of growing paranoia.

I once lived just a few houses up the street from a guy in his late 20s who had the disease; he had been living independently until about a year previously. He had become so ill that a court was going to commit him involuntarily until his mother, a divorced woman, intervened and said she would allow him to move in and she would see to his care.

After a year when I would see him walking around the neighborhood muttering to himself from time to time, the guy shot his mother, cut off her head and threw it out into the street. He's now committed for life in a state hospital.

These people aren't usually violent like this; most of the time their fears take over and they just hide out and try to stay as isolated as possible. I talked to an old buddy who's an ex-cop about this incident, and he said he had been called out on a similar event back in the late 1970s.
In that one, everything that happened was the same. The mother took her son in, and he shot her and beheaded her body.
The only difference was the schizophrenic had been involuntarily committed for over 15 years, and had been released only 2-3 days before he killed his mother.

My buddy said he had to do a lot of things that deeply disturbed him when he was a cop, but the very worst was to have to go out into the street to collect the lady's head. It gave him nightmares for years afterward.

Old 06-16-2022, 09:28 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,038,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Who imagines our background checks as being superior? A background check, whether done by the U.S., Canada or Lower Slobbovia will encompass all the same criteria, such as those of criminal record history or mental illness of record.

The population levels have nothing whatsoever to do with the ratio stat of gun deaths per hundred thousand of inhabitants. What has an effect is the stricter controls placed upon firearm ownership - FULL STOP!

Illegal immigration:
https://www.npr.org/2018/05/02/60765...-violent-crime

School shootings are NOT a recent thing in the U.S.
Starting in 1764: https://www.k12academics.com/school-...-united-states
Its from another thread, I was posting in.

And I mean mass shootings at random by random people. Pretty much every single shooting in your list is a person targeting someone they knew and them only.

The Uvalde Massacre perp did not attend the elementary school he shot up.

Last edited by NJ Brazen_3133; 06-16-2022 at 09:36 PM..

Old 06-16-2022, 09:40 PM

10,041 posts, read 9,538,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
+1

Riverdale only had a couple actors who could be "famous". But Luke Perry is dead. Skeet Ulrich and Marisol Richards aren't "kids". And Cole Sprouse is only Disney Channel famous.
Never watched the show, but this guy was only in one episode. Never heard of him.

Old 06-16-2022, 09:55 PM

15,722 posts, read 9,567,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Famous actor from CW Riverdale series pleads guilty to matricide and plotted to whack Trudeau

What is wrong with people? He states he wanted to spare his mother the shame of her son whacking Trudeau. I guess not all is well in Canada. I was even having a debate in another thread with Canadiens who thought their gun regulations were far superior.

How will more background checks filter out this person? He even a part of the Hollyweird elitist, liberal, woke, SJW crowd. He was an actor on CW hit series. CW can not be more liberal.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/canada-ac...125002493.html

Quote from article:
He allegedly set out driving east with the intention of traveling some 50 hours by car to ultimately kill Trudeau. But he ended up turning around near Hope and contemplated committing an act of mass violence at Simon Fraser University instead, prosecutors claimed. Grantham turned himself in to Vancouver police that night.
According to his IMDb page, he was in one episode of "Riverdale." Most of his acting was when he was a kid. I don't jbow what the definition of "Hollywood elitist" is, but this whack job is not it. Not sure what CW's alleged political idaeology has to do with it either. He's a murdering bastard. He is responsible for his actions. Not Hollywood. You overreached.

Old 06-16-2022, 09:59 PM

15,722 posts, read 9,567,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Those kids on Riverdale are pretty odd, most of them. Stopped watching years ago.
This guy was in one episode. And a lot of people are "odd" and never kill anyone.

Old 06-16-2022, 10:57 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,625,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
According to his IMDb page, he was in one episode of "Riverdale." Most of his acting was when he was a kid. I don't jbow what the definition of "Hollywood elitist" is, but this whack job is not it. Not sure what CW's alleged political idaeology has to do with it either. He's a murdering bastard. He is responsible for his actions. Not Hollywood. You overreached.
Yup.

Killing your own mother is the lowest of the low.

Old 06-16-2022, 10:59 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,625,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I watched a few episodes because I remember the Archie comics as a kid. MEH.

I drive by the High School fairly frequently where they did the exterior shots for Riverdale High.

It's Lord Byng on W. 16th Ave, Vancouver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies