Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 06:55 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,364,787 times

Advertisements

You understand the Everglades exist, correct? I can't with you people.

He didn't ban drilling in Louisiana. Yet are they open?

Old 06-16-2022, 06:57 AM

1,775 posts, read 777,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Trump screwed the energy industry and banned drilling for oil in Florida. Even desantis is in the background clapping at this event. Trumps ban on oil drilling and the support of desantis caused this mess.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...florida-410042
I am no Trump fan, but your article says that Trump continued the ban of drilling off of Florida put in place by a previous president.

Meaning that we were not drilling for oil in Florida under Obama or Trump. So there was no recent decline in oil supply from this.

Meanwhile Trump tried to open up oil drilling elsewhere away from the vacation beaches of Florida.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clima...outh-carolina/

Old 06-16-2022, 07:12 AM

79,070 posts, read 61,211,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I kind of thought this was the OP's facetious point. "Blame Brandon" now, "Trump had no blame" then, it kind of doesn't match up, does it?
Pish posh...everyone knows it's Putin's fault.

Old 06-16-2022, 07:14 AM

43,728 posts, read 18,752,815 times
Drilling off the coasts have been in force for a long time.
I'm actually in favor of it.

I lived in Fl and Tx and with the current rigs out there you get these tarballs that wash up on the beach and eventually you step on one and get the glob on your blankets, towels, shoes...disgusting.

SC has no drilling and hence no tarballs.

Old 06-16-2022, 07:18 AM

11,102 posts, read 4,752,594 times
Quote:
Trump screwed the energy industry and banned drilling for oil in Florida. Even desantis is in the background clapping at this event. Trumps ban on oil drilling and the support of desantis caused this mess.

he did no such thing, but given the reading comprehension levels of lefties, Im not surprised this one is trying to climb the flagpole.

You might wanna re-think that "thinking" portion. Im not the first person that said that either, RIGHT?

Old 06-16-2022, 07:19 AM

43,728 posts, read 18,752,815 times
Quote:

Here's some homework for you. Was there drilling off Florida before Trump ?

Old 06-16-2022, 07:41 AM

30,411 posts, read 12,012,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
And because Trump was able to keep the peace with foreign leaders unlike Sleepy Joe who Putin has attacked twice under…and let’s not forget Sleepy Joe made a deal to buy oil from Putin who aided Putin in funding his war. Sleepy Joe played like the old demented fiddle he is.
Wait a second. The US was buying oil from Russia all during the Trump years and way before that. Why make stuff up?

Petroleum imports from Russia to the United States from 2000 to 2021

Old 06-16-2022, 07:52 AM

5,301 posts, read 5,282,357 times
This was a rare good move that Trump made...I lived in Panama City Beach, FL in 2010 and saw exactly what offshore drilling led too...it was an environmental disaster that crippled the local fishing, shrimping, oyster harvesting, and tourism industries...many beaches including Pensacola Beach, Navarre Beach, Destin, and San Destin had slicks of oil wash up on the sand...it killed hundreds of birds, and thousands of fish...even dolphins and sea turtles...a friend of mine and I tried to help a dolphin that was covered in the oil...unfortunately it didn't make it...months and years later, tar ball still washed up on the beaches...BP was never punished severely enough for that tragedy...and there should be no more drilling off our coasts ever w/out 100% guarantees that no oil will be spilled or leaked again.

Old 06-16-2022, 07:56 AM

5,016 posts, read 2,122,445 times
OP…. Give it up!! Nobody is buying that BS since it’s Biden’s failed policies that got us into this mess.

This is equally as bad as Biden who is now blaming Putin for his policies failures. I wish Biden’s handlers would tell this turnip to stop saying it since it just makes him look weaker than he really is.

Plus, only the true Biden supporter still believe that line of BS. AND!! His supporters are fleeing in record numbers since their wallets are confirming that their eyes are not lying to them since every thing is falling apart around us.

Old 06-16-2022, 08:05 AM

30,411 posts, read 12,012,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleprompter View Post
I think that poster was thinking of Biden stopping Trump's opposition to the Nordstream pipeline that Putin owned 4.5% of.

Or Biden stopping Trump's opposition from Europe being dependent on Putin's energy.

Or Biden stopping Trump's pushing of American energy into Europe.
There are two Nordstream pipelines. Until the Ukraine war they were running the same under Trump and Biden and before that. I get that Trump was against them.

None of what you said gave Putin more money for the Ukraine war. Those are not deals Biden made with Putin. The previous post claimed Biden made some oil deal with Putin so Putin would be able to invade Ukraine. Utter nonsense. And I can't stand Biden but why make stuff up?

As it stands now we are sending refined gasoline to Europe. That is a big part of why gas prices are rising faster than crude oil prices. We need to produce more and Biden is wrong on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies