Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 04:08 AM

10,464 posts, read 4,042,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Ross Perot was a Clinton plant to divide the vote.

He wasn't there to win. That's why he got out when he was siphoning Clinton votes. And then got back in to divide the Bush vote.

I wanted him to win until he start acted flaky. Then he was out for me.
The Bush family is even worse than the Clinton family. Bush sr used to be head of the CIA. He's one of the biggest reasons why we have the problems we have today. He's also the one that created NAFTA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2022, 04:44 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
I tried. The first ballot I cast for president was cast for Perot. I waited a long time to see a businessman president.

Old 06-29-2022, 04:58 AM

4,330 posts, read 7,237,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
The Bush family is even worse than the Clinton family. Bush sr used to be head of the CIA. He's one of the biggest reasons why we have the problems we have today. He's also the one that created NAFTA.
Although NAFTA was actually signed into law by President Clinton on December 8, 1993.

Old 06-29-2022, 05:11 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
The best 3rd party candidate I've seen is Gary Johnson. I voted for him in 2016.

Old 06-29-2022, 05:35 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Desantis is riding the far out wake of what Trump did. Making big "wins" and "tough talk" on fake issues like trans and corona (even though he shut down the state). Kari Lake is at least running a jet ski behind Trump.
his shutdown made sense at the time and lasted a few weeks or so.
I can understand a lot of what happened in march and april of 2020 with the information we had at the time with regards to covid. But the stuff that's gone on for 2 years is insane.

Old 06-29-2022, 05:38 AM

8,631 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
We would have not even remotely faced the current barely functioning government, and the rise of the far right and far left. Those candidates try and get votes for being elected president on every wedge issue under the sun.

Conclusion, the US is a failure for not having a strong viable third party.
The far left and far right thing is just a distraction. Its all about the money. Its more to do about hybrid American Fascism. Its about big business owning our government.

Old 06-29-2022, 05:41 AM

29,492 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Ross Perot's charts & graphs made it easy for political novices like me to understand the complexities of big gov't, & its dangers. He was warning us.

How so many American voters think big gov't is good, escapes me. Voters should hate all of gov't, the way they hate the IRS.

If gov't is consuming 50% of GDP now, when they used to only consume 10% (in 1930), where'd that other 40% come from that they're spending?

It came from the private sector, which is all of us who do not work in gov't...which is most of us.

Gov't is a weapon that allows a small minority to live off a majority w/o the minority producing anything at all.

I doubt we'll see any shrinkage in gov't until its too late. By the time the lies are exposed, the USA will be like Ukraine on a massive scale...or worse.

Sorry to be so fatalistic, but I have no faith left in American voters who can't see what's happening, no matter how hard I try to explain it.

I'm doomed to failure like Ross Perot, & Ron & Rand Paul, Tom Massie, & Justin Amash. The Tea Party was as close as we got to killing the parasite.

Rest in peace Mr. Perot.
I completely agree.

Old 06-29-2022, 05:45 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post

Conclusion, the US is a failure for not having a strong viable third party.
3rd party isn't enough, there are 330 million Americans. We need at least 4.

But yes, the political system is a failure. And anyone who says "A vote for a 3rd party is a vote wasted" needs their head examined. A vote for the status quo is a vote wasted.

Old 06-29-2022, 05:46 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,473,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Desantis is riding the far out wake of what Trump did. Making big "wins" and "tough talk" on fake issues like trans and corona (even though he shut down the state). Kari Lake is at least running a jet ski behind Trump.

If they are fake issues then the left shouldn't push them so hard.

Old 06-29-2022, 05:47 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The best 3rd party candidate I've seen is Gary Johnson. I voted for him in 2016.
That guy was awful. Made 3rd party candidate look like idiots. The Aleppo gaffe was the nail in the coffin, for his boring demeanor.

Quote:
Asked what he would do about the Syrian city of Aleppo, the region at the center of that nation’s civil war and refugee crisis, Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson responded by asking, “what is Aleppo?”
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-aleppo-227873
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies