Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 01:10 PM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times

Advertisements

I don’t know who this singer is, but she seems petty.

But, I generally agree with those who don’t want to be preached to at a concert. Sometimes it’s nice to just go somewhere to be entertained without having issues like abortion shoved in your face.

I saw Sheryl Crow in concert once and she was somewhat political and talked about how she wanted to meet a nice, Prius-driving Democrat man (lol - I rolled my eyes, because to me that description of a man sounds pretty lame, but to each their own), but that was the extent of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2022, 01:19 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,069,617 times
People walking out on her obviously got under her skin so she resorted to insulting them. That could backfire too.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:20 PM

6,993 posts, read 2,705,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I have no clue what got you in a tizzy. If someone came out as anti-abortion in a concert I would not care that they did so. They literally are paid to be themselves on stage and sharing their views is part of that. Now if they never sang that would be a problem, but literally if your a fan of hers and are shocked by this, I don’t know what to tell you.

Literally Kenny Chesney could do the opposite some people can walk out and we all move on. If you don’t want to support Halsey don’t, but what she’s doing is normal, and is expected of any performer when something dramatic happens that directly affects them.
No one attended "Mama's and Papa's" concerts to get tips on how to sleep with their daughters from Papa John Phillips.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:37 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Came for music, got a preaching. Not cool.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:43 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
One has to be pretty mentally slow today to realize that being political has a cost. Also, "need" an abortion? To protect the life of the mother? That accounts for less than 1% of the abortions, so probably not many in the audience will "need" an abortion.

Taking pride in eliminating the life of your unborn child, boy, that is reaching! The things people are proud of today.........

Old 06-30-2022, 01:49 PM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
One has to be pretty mentally slow today to realize that being political has a cost. Also, "need" an abortion? To protect the life of the mother? That accounts for less than 1% of the abortions, so probably not many in the audience will "need" an abortion.

Taking pride in eliminating the life of your unborn child, boy, that is reaching! The things people are proud of today.........
People are on social media bragging about their abortions.
It's become just another form of birth control.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:51 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Sickening.

What happened to 'safe, legal, and rare'?

Now, it's a badge of honor. Something to be celebrated.

This country is in a real dark place.
Everyone’s story can be shared. I see nothing wrong with that. People can learn from others experiences. Or they can choose to ignore it. I don’t find it offensive.
If she came out and said her baby born at 16 out of wedlock and it was really hard but it was the best thing that ever happened to her and she was glad she decided to keep the child. That also is a story worth listening to.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:52 PM

6,993 posts, read 2,705,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
People are on social media bragging about their abortions.
It's become just another form of birth control.
They are just saying "I'm a tramp and will flush and be ready for the next Chad/Tyrone!"

Old 06-30-2022, 01:53 PM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
They are just saying "I'm a tramp and will flush and be ready for the next Chad/Tyrone!"
They don't care. They simply just don't care.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:57 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
They don't care. They simply just don't care.
As is their right to care about what they find important.
It is not the world according to you and no one looks to you as a role model or icon or even a good entertainer.
If you want influence you need to be very good at something. People pay a lot to see her and many millions follow her on social media so I guess she falls in that category.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies