Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 07:55 AM

5,294 posts, read 5,237,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
1)that would mean we have 63 million (plus whatever kids they'd go on to have) people who also need food, shelter stuff etc

2) let's be realistic- statistically most people who are getting abortions are getting them because they don't want the kids, can't take care of the kid and /or have a completely disinterested father. That's not exactly 63 million pillars of the community they'd be raising.
My stepsister is in that category...she unfortunately got pregnant in college...when she was fairly poor...she decided to abort so she could finish college and get into a good career which she has...she's now ready for kids and has a very good job in a lucrative field...she would never have been able to do that had she been a single parent at 20.

Old 07-01-2022, 07:56 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,235,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If a woman is poor financially isn't that even more reason for her to protect herself from a pregnancy? Now about that supposed labor shortage..........
It is but we also know what reality is. The dumber someone is the dumber their decision making, and intelligence is largely correlated with income.

Old 07-01-2022, 08:07 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Here is a sobering thought. While we have somewhere around one million fewer people working now than before than pandemic, did you know we are 63 million Americans short in this country than would otherwise be here?

Yep. 63 million human lives were terminated prior to exiting the birth canal since Roe v Wade. 63 million, the vast majority being for simple birth control reasons. Imagine how good the labor market would be if we had those beautiful lives here today.

Even China is now realizing how devastating it is to their economy when they terminated so many human lives prior to exiting the birth canal.

In order for the system to continue to support itself, it needs new lives coming to be, not fewer.
And how do you come to that conclusion. Where is it written how many people a country should have?
From what I hear China had a booming economy until the Covid lockdowns.
Our own labor market was just fine until the Pandemic.
The labor shortage has to do with consequences of the pandemic: early retirements (baby boomers), mothers leaving the workforce, extended UE. Economists are saying the labor market is beginning to recover.

This has absolutly nothing to do with abortions. The number of abortions have been declining since 1990.

Old 07-01-2022, 08:25 AM

12,383 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
The average hourly wage in America is $34. Since when is $34/hr slave wages?

American workers make a lot of money
Well that depends upon on what you can get for $34. 34 bushels of corn is a thing, dollars are abstract

Old 07-01-2022, 09:11 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And how do you come to that conclusion. Where is it written how many people a country should have?
From what I hear China had a booming economy until the Covid lockdowns.
Our own labor market was just fine until the Pandemic.
The labor shortage has to do with consequences of the pandemic: early retirements (baby boomers), mothers leaving the workforce, extended UE. Economists are saying the labor market is beginning to recover.

This has absolutly nothing to do with abortions. The number of abortions have been declining since 1990.
The point is that that the liberal left are hypocrites. They are the ones crying about a labor shortage while they are also pro-abortion. I guess they'd rather see milions of foreigners pouring into our country both legally adnd illegally to join the labor force than for Americans to give birth to future American workers. Go figure!

Old 07-01-2022, 09:16 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
Really, a demand for drug-addicted babies and babies with genetic problems? Have you looked into the state of foster care?
And what would that percentage be? Where are you getting the notion that most of these unwanted babies would be drug addicted or have genetic problems, whatever that is? As I said, newborns are in high demand so giving a baby up for adoption is better than killing them. As the OP stated under this topic if there weren't so many abortions we wouldn't have a so-called labor shortage as the liberal left claims that we have and yet they keep crying for more foreign labor even if they come here illegally.

Old 07-01-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
The average hourly wage in America is $34. Since when is $34/hr slave wages?

American workers make a lot of money
The average hourly wage is calculated by adding every gross wage, for example 2000/hr to 7.25/hr and dividing it by the total number of wages. 34$/hour is not what the average person earns.

Old 07-01-2022, 09:21 AM

5,294 posts, read 5,237,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There is a demand for adoption of newborn babies if the mother doesn't want them. As I said, even in normal families kids don't always turn out to be good.

I don't know what race has to do with this topic anyway. The topic is about a supposed labor shortage.
There are plenty of kids up for adoption...maybe those wanting a newborn should step up and adopt say a 12 year old or a 6 yr old first.

Old 07-01-2022, 09:24 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,464,896 times
Quote:
Here is a sobering thought. While we have somewhere around one million fewer people working now than before than pandemic, did you know we are 63 million Americans short in this country than would otherwise be here?

Yep. 63 million human lives were terminated prior to exiting the birth canal since Roe v Wade. 63 million, the vast majority being for simple birth control reasons. Imagine how good the labor market would be if we had those beautiful lives here today.

Even China is now realizing how devastating it is to their economy when they terminated so many human lives prior to exiting the birth canal.

In order for the system to continue to support itself, it needs new lives coming to be, not fewer.
Vast majority of abortion are done to fetuses with low IQ / edu level / income parents. Ratio of those ending up in prison vs college probably 1000 to 1. We like to pretend you can just place them with middle class families and get a good outcome but reality is apple usually doesn't fall far from the tree. I know several families with mix of bio vs adopted kids and the adopted kids usually take on the bad lifestyle their parents did. They often start with brain damage due to drug use during pregnancy.

Speaking of China, our answer is to get as many high IQ Chinese immigrants as possible before the become more developed and fewer are interested in leaving.

Old 07-01-2022, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
You should be grateful that you only know financially well off people in your work and social circle. Many are not so lucky. Some of them have abortions too.
I dont even know how so many posters know so many women who have had abortions. I'm 60, I dont know a single women personally who has had an abortion. Have some of my friends/family/women in my social circle, etc. had an abortion, perhaps, but IDK because they dont go around discussing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies