Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2022, 09:19 AM

7,070 posts, read 9,563,096 times

Advertisements

I would hate having that person as a co-worker.

BTW apparently July 5 was supposed to be a day where people skipped work to “protest” Roe vs Wade. I know someone who was gearing up to do it until she realized that her company has a (admittedly stupid) rule about unplanned absences after holidays and she chickened out. The “strong Democrat woman” wasn’t strong enough to take a day without pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2022, 11:05 AM

6,502 posts, read 2,807,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Can you imagine having to go through life this fragile?

Makes a complete fool of himself, then proceeds to post something to LinkedIn about getting fired. I cannot imagine any company would want a clown like this working for them.
There are companies that are willing to pay expenses to women who need to travel to another state to get an abortion. There are companies that will pay the legal fees of anyone arrested for protesting the decision. I am sure that there is a company that would hire this person. His qualifications wouldn't matter, they would hire him praising how courageous he was for taking a stand.

Perhaps he can find one with a cry room, and a "safe space" for each gender and/or skin color someone identifies as. As long as that isn't a white straight male.

Old 07-07-2022, 11:16 AM

43,805 posts, read 18,825,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I would hate having that person as a co-worker.

BTW apparently July 5 was supposed to be a day where people skipped work to “protest” Roe vs Wade. I know someone who was gearing up to do it until she realized that her company has a (admittedly stupid) rule about unplanned absences after holidays and she chickened out. The “strong Democrat woman” wasn’t strong enough to take a day without pay.
One day they could end up triggered and have you fired for just saying "Good morning".

Old 07-07-2022, 11:27 AM

41,011 posts, read 49,496,590 times
He should get his Birthing Person to call the Boss. I'm sure she/him/they/them could straighten this out.

Old 07-07-2022, 03:38 PM

20,393 posts, read 20,049,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
I saw this morning where some gal decided she wasn't going to jury duty because she could no longer respect the courts. Really? And then you put it on Tik Tok?

I expect she's gonna feel real poorly about the sheriff when picks her up for the ride to jail.
At least it keeps her off the jury

Old 07-07-2022, 03:40 PM

20,393 posts, read 20,049,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
You're threat title needs to be fixed. Here ya go --
But the reason cannot be ignored. I mean, refusing to do your job for political reasons? Whoa, crazy town.

Old 07-08-2022, 06:17 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,731,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I would say "Drama Queen" instead of "employee." A self-described "brown ***** person" was so distraught over Roe v. Wade being overturned that he refused to do his job. Moreover, he sent out an email to several hundred people in his company telling them that he wasn't going to be doing his job. His company, quite sensibly, fired him. No doubt they're glad to get rid of such an overly sensitive guy who, judging solely by this article, seems like the type who would get offended over the least little thing. For his part, he's shocked that he would be fired during Pride Month, as if homosexuals get a free pass to not do their jobs during the month of June.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...1a8b6d168ac912

Oh well. I guess he'll just have to wallow in his victimhood. For their sakes, I hope that other companies take note of how immature and touchy this guy is before thinking about hiring him.

Edit: the word that was blocked out in the first line is a synonym for "strange."
"I would say "Drama Queen" instead of "employee.""

I would say "snowflake"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies