Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2022, 06:46 AM

24,732 posts, read 17,475,394 times

Advertisements

How many Billions of dollars that we do not have has Biden handed to Ukraine so far? A responder here is right that Trump wouldn't have just sent money, his response would have been more precise than shoveling money at the problem.

Biden sure doesn't mind throwing Billions of dollars around, and the Left calls the Republicans War Mongers... The bigger question is, if Ukraine should win this war will Biden send them a blank check to rebuild?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2022, 06:48 AM

51,316 posts, read 36,992,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
How many Billions of dollars that we do not have has Biden handed to Ukraine so far? A responder here is right that Trump wouldn't have just sent money, his response would have been more precise than shoveling money at the problem.

Biden sure doesn't mind throwing Billions of dollars around, and the Left calls the Republicans War Mongers... The bigger question is, if Ukraine should win this war will Biden send them a blank check to rebuild?
They will certainly need help. But Putin needs to be stopped regardless of cost. It isn’t a favor for Ukraine to help them, it’s to save the free world not just them.

Old 07-09-2022, 06:55 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,125,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I think absolutely they would have invaded with Trump president. They’d have had a much easier time because Trump wouldn’t have given the kind of aid to Ukraine that Biden is.
I agree with this.

Old 07-09-2022, 07:16 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,586,330 times
Sri Lanka,Turkey,Egypt and most African countries,they cant even afford to buy a piece of bread.
It would get worse come winter,these countries which has no natural gas cant afford to compete with EU for LNG.

Old 07-09-2022, 10:22 AM

6,313 posts, read 3,499,238 times
There is no question in my mind that Trump would’ve brokered a deal. But that’s what proper leadership looks like.

As it is now, tens of thousands are dead and Russia is going to eventually take Eastern Ukraine anyway, which they would’ve been satisfied with in a negotiation.

I sort of feel sorry for Ukraine. The Democrats kept “advising” Ukraine to antagonize the Russians, and they did this for years. Then, when Putin had had enough, Biden was quick to wash his hands of the whole mess, except sell weapons systems to Ukraine, which will allow them to hold onto Western Ukraine, which they could’ve done with negotiation in the first place.

Old 07-09-2022, 10:24 AM

51,316 posts, read 36,992,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
There is no question in my mind that Trump would’ve brokered a deal. But that’s what proper leadership looks like.

As it is now, tens of thousands are dead and Russia is going to eventually take Eastern Ukraine anyway, which they would’ve been satisfied with in a negotiation.

I sort of feel sorry for Ukraine. The Democrats kept “advising” Ukraine to antagonize the Russians, and they did this for years. Then, when Putin had had enough, Biden was quick to wash his hands of the whole mess, except sell weapons systems to Ukraine, which will allow them to hold onto Western Ukraine, which they could’ve done with negotiation in the first place.
Putin is doing this for one reason, his massive ego. He wants to re-create the old Soviet union. It has nothing to do with being antagonized.

Old 07-09-2022, 03:31 PM

38,662 posts, read 26,474,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I agree with this.

Biden dithered for months while Russia stockpiled weapons and supplies on the border and then said a minor incursion would be OK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiMDmtcQEEM

Trump would have armed Ukraine to the teeth before (not after) the invasion.

Trump would have ramped up domestic fuel production before the invasion, not beg the Saudis and Iranians after.

Trump would have made the cost of invading too high and the rewards for taking Ukraine much less.

Trump definitely would not have sold oil from the SPR to China so Hunter could make a nice profit for the Biden crime family.

Old 07-09-2022, 03:44 PM

43,599 posts, read 18,677,941 times
The poor countries are suffering the most. They really have no food or gas

But everyone must suffer for “the war effort”

Old 07-09-2022, 04:16 PM

22,116 posts, read 9,687,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The poor countries are suffering the most. They really have no food or gas

But everyone must suffer for “the war effort”
It's such BS. The only winners are the Biden family with 10% for the Big Guy.

Old 07-09-2022, 04:32 PM

6,313 posts, read 3,499,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Putin is doing this for one reason, his massive ego. He wants to re-create the old Soviet union. It has nothing to do with being antagonized.
I disagree. I think the Russians were upset about the whole Donbas conflict, and they were upset with the Ukrainians talking about NATO.

If the goal was to not have a war, you cede Russia the Donbas region, which they are going to get by force anyway, and you assure them that Ukraine will never join NATO.

Some have said that this just kicks the can of war down the road a few years, but for the tens of thousands of dead right now, I’ll bet they’d take a few years right about now.

That’s what diplomacy is. You handle the immediate crisis, with the hope that resolutions can be found later. Once the tanks rolled across the border it was too late.

I firmly believe that most of the Democrats, and some of the establishment Republicans, wanted this proxy war to happen.

We all know Biden’s brain is gone, so I’m assuming Blinken is running foreign policy as he sees fit.

That’s just wonderful, an unelected globalist progressive ideologue has decided unilaterally that we should be in a proxy war with Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies