Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2022, 12:15 PM

26,807 posts, read 22,591,590 times

Advertisements

See, that's why reading Western propaganda gives you a very skewed picture of what's really going on in Russia.

A BIGGER picture.

And the bigger picture IS;

"According to IOM estimates, for many years Russia has held second place, behind the United States, for the number of foreigners present in the country. It is also second in Europe, after Germany, for the number of migrants. According to the OECD, Russia has the highest number of illegal migrants in the world, comprising almost 7% of the country’s population; whereas legal migrant workers comprise 2.5% of the population."

https://migrants-refugees.va/country-profile/russia/

But BBC ( et al) will tell you of course only about those who are departing.

Not about those who are trying to get into Russia.

So what this is all about?
People from the third world countries are trying to move into Russia in droves, to improve their lot, as they try to move in the US.

( Which means that from the point of view of standards of living, Russia is a desirable place)

While the educated Russians are leaving ( and there is a couple of reasons for that, but I would think that political reasons are the major ones.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2022, 12:20 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,711,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Who's?

Just looking at the math and we are on the precipice of a demographic disaster. China too.
We are in much better shape than China and Russia demographically. At least we have immigration. No one moves to totalitarian China or Russia.

Old 07-12-2022, 12:37 PM

26,807 posts, read 22,591,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
We are in much better shape than China and Russia demographically. At least we have immigration. No one moves to totalitarian China or Russia.

With the amount of third worlders rushing in - yes, if you say so.

Old 07-12-2022, 12:58 PM

17,014 posts, read 12,610,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
He can't be any worse than demented Biden.
Actually he is one of the few that is.

Old 07-12-2022, 01:04 PM

2,953 posts, read 995,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaEnd View Post
I am an American and I like Putin. I would rather have Putin as a leader than Biden. What about you folks?
No you're a Russian bot. Here's what a real American sounds like - I'd party with Putin. That's right ... I would. He has cool toys and I bet he's a wildman when drunk ... well maybe more so before he started to die from blood cancer but let's table that one for now. I bet a buzzed Putin would say 'Da!' if I asked him to let me drive a T-90 tank, crush some cars and do donuts in the road. He might even let me shoot the gun into the woods. Then when the party was over I'd stab him right in the neck with a pencil like John Wick. With a PENCIL!!

If you wouldn't stab Putin in the neck with a pencil then you're a bot. Bet you like China and Xi too. More proof of bot-edness.

Old 07-12-2022, 03:27 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Like him or hate him, Putin cleaned up Russia from the mess it was under Yeltsin.
He did a lot of infrastructure investment, in part to develop trade with China. But there were local benefits as well. Oh, and he revamped the business tax structure, to encourage new businesses. Yeltsin had always promised to do that, but never did. The result was, that new businesses would fold right after tax time.

Old 07-12-2022, 03:47 PM

4,907 posts, read 3,366,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Because "diversity" is our strength???

Man, no wonder c**kservatives are losing even when they think they are winning lmao!

Old 07-12-2022, 04:51 PM

2,355 posts, read 1,155,060 times
Quote:
c**kservatives
What are you.....like 7 years old?

Old 07-12-2022, 05:26 PM

30,467 posts, read 21,323,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaEnd View Post
I am an American and I like Putin. I would rather have Putin as a leader than Biden. What about you folks?
Pooten is costing us money so says joe. Funny gas prices were headed for the moon june way before the war started.

Old 07-12-2022, 05:49 PM
Status: "See My Blog Entries for my Top 500 Most Important USA Cities" (set 17 days ago)

1,051 posts, read 982,089 times
I did not vote for Biden, OP. But let me not mince words with you. Simply put, the statement in your OP is that of a Traitor to these United States of America, and to our sacred Constitution.

Vladimir Putin is a vicious Totalitarian wannabe. He rules by brutal force. He is not cunning, brave, or intelligent. He is merely conniving, brutish, and violent. Under Putin's system of government, you will be stripped of your rights and freedoms, and if you reject the system of government imposed upon you, you will be taken, imprisoned, or be killed by the State police.

I am sick and tired of people entertaining / romanticizing the notion of dictatorship, a place of hopelessness. No way out. Do you desire the whole world to be hopeless then? Are you embracing hopelessness and self-defeat?

America stands for individual rights and freedom. On the other hand, under a dictatorship, you will gain nothing, but lose everything. Dictatorships want nothing but power. They will destroy everything in their pathway to achieve it. Once they have absolute power, they will use it in such a way that nobody can ever remove it from them. Game over, humanity.

Btw, if you think I am some globalist, no. No I am not. Nobody, not even the USA, should run the world. Never. It is too dangerous to give any entity that power. Even if such an entity was good, pure, right. No. An agenda could be forced down the throats of the world population who would have no recourse against a world power. Ultimately, the world may (sadly) always be a Mexican standoff / Cold War-esque. Perhaps, instead the world may be divided into spheres that have merely transactional relationships with each other. That would be a much better outcome. Balance.

But, we also cannot entertain the idea of dictatorship / strongman. It is extremely dangerous, to the point of suicide.

Perhaps it is just that you very strongly dislike Biden as president. That is a perfectly reasonable opinion to have. I am not a fan either. I myself did not vote for Biden.

I really hope you would want the world to fall into the hands of unchecked Tsars, Kings, and Emporers.

Last edited by g500; 07-12-2022 at 06:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies