Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 05:39 PM

17,490 posts, read 12,425,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
Bolded the keyboard. It could've been circulating elsewhere long before and dismissed as the flu, or a common cold.
It was in Italy in Sept 2019. Likely circulating around the world asymptomatically/undetected/misclassified well before it was declared a thing in Wuhan.
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/11/15/...udy-shows.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2022, 06:16 PM
Status: "Not voting for the felon or sleepy Joe." (set 1 day ago)

6,234 posts, read 2,837,420 times
I think it was in Wuhan but we funded the gain of research and the virus got out either purposely or on accident.

Don't think we will ever truly know.

Old 07-16-2022, 07:27 PM

6,612 posts, read 6,794,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. The sheer conspiracy levels you folks go to to ignore reality will never cease to amaze me. The alien conspiracy stuff was at least fun.
Says the guy who believed the "Russian Hoax" hook, line & sinker, lol.

Old 07-17-2022, 08:27 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,816,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Don't believe the CCP propaganda. History is replete with episodes of pandemics that came from nature. Nature is very inventive, often more so than humans. You'll need some pretty rock-solid evidence to prove that this is man made. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Is it an extraordinary claim though? - that people see a possible link between laboratory viral manipulation and an outbreak of an associated virus, literally just down the road, hardly seems an extraordinary claim

Old 07-17-2022, 08:49 AM

18,761 posts, read 11,851,191 times
More fringe conspiracy theories about Covid?

SARS 2003. Coronavirus.
MERS 2012. Coronavirus.
Covid.... wait for it.... 2019. Yes 2019. Blood samples tested from blood donations in December of 2019 contained antibodies of Covid. That means it was circulating in the fall of 2019.

I discussed this with my cardiologist last year, and he told me that people were coming in the hospital with what they thought was a severe flu, only all of the flu tests were negative.

What I had in late September of 2019 was a nightmare and 8 weeks of wheezing hell. It was unlike anything I ever saw in my 25 years as a Respiratory Therapist and unlike anything I ever had before in my life.

I had Delta post vax last summer and it was a piece of cake.

Wuhan? Just another variant like Delta and now Omicron.

Do some research about zoologic diseases. AIDS is one of them and far more destructive than Covid. Add mad cow and the black death and you will see that Covid is just another one in a long line of many more to come.

Old 07-17-2022, 09:03 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,283,251 times
What’s scary is that as manufactured viruses go, this one is relatively benign, with a low death rate, but imagine if this was a plague-like bug that had been let loose, well, there goes civilization.

Old 07-17-2022, 09:56 AM

15,987 posts, read 6,682,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
[/b]

Is it an extraordinary claim though? - that people see a possible link between laboratory viral manipulation and an outbreak of an associated virus, literally just down the road, hardly seems an extraordinary claim
The laboratory studies coronaviruses there because, guess what?, it's a good place to study coronaviruses. If a new coronavirus were to emerge, you would expect it to appear where the virus is more common. With high probability. Does that mean the laboratory is at fault? Absolutely not. It's there to research the virus. Correlation does not mean causation. Unless you can provide more substantive proof, it is wildly speculative at best.

Old 07-17-2022, 10:00 AM

3,113 posts, read 946,081 times
Quote:
The laboratory studies coronaviruses there because, guess what?, it's a good place to study coronaviruses. If a new coronavirus were to emerge, you would expect it to appear where the virus is more common. With high probability. Does that mean the laboratory is at fault? Absolutely not. It's there to research the virus. Correlation does not mean causation. Unless you can provide more substantive proof, it is wildly speculative at best.
No coronaviruses emerge naturally out of that area of China.

The coronaviruses being studied in that lab were all brought from bats many hundreds of miles away.

Old 07-17-2022, 12:10 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,816,112 times
Quote:

Sorry, but I think is such a stupid answer.

It doesn't say anything as to why the claim is extraordinary.

This answer murders the concept of healthy skepticism.

Old 07-17-2022, 02:48 PM

2,380 posts, read 999,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
More fringe conspiracy theories about Covid?

SARS 2003. Coronavirus.
MERS 2012. Coronavirus.
Covid.... wait for it.... 2019. Yes 2019. Blood samples tested from blood donations in December of 2019 contained antibodies of Covid. That means it was circulating in the fall of 2019.

I discussed this with my cardiologist last year, and he told me that people were coming in the hospital with what they thought was a severe flu, only all of the flu tests were negative.

What I had in late September of 2019 was a nightmare and 8 weeks of wheezing hell. It was unlike anything I ever saw in my 25 years as a Respiratory Therapist and unlike anything I ever had before in my life.

I had Delta post vax last summer and it was a piece of cake.

Wuhan? Just another variant like Delta and now Omicron.

Do some research about zoologic diseases. AIDS is one of them and far more destructive than Covid. Add mad cow and the black death and you will see that Covid is just another one in a long line of many more to come.
An NJ mayor also swears he had covid in Nov 2019
https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...es/3057925001/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies