Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 11:43 PM

4,964 posts, read 2,257,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
This guy is a Democrat, not a Republican. Hell, if I lived in KY I'd vote for him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6XTVuUP0Ho

Calm and to the point why the talking points on gun control are spot on
Bevin was a Republican. And this was a carefully crafted political informercial. I agree with it, but it's a BS post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2022, 02:03 AM

14,858 posts, read 8,187,989 times
He is our Ex-Governor and a Republican.
(Kentucky is a red state and most people here hated him.)

I don't care if you label him a Democrat or Republican, by any name he was just a bad Governor. Period.

At times, he could come across alright, but trust me he wasn't.

Old 07-17-2022, 03:42 AM

37,962 posts, read 17,942,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
This guy is right on the button. Biggest problem we have regarding this matter is the systemic cultural loss of value on human life. That is the root of the problem. Obviously, not everyone, but far, far too many.

I don't know anything about this guy or his views and policies on other matters, but he is absolutely correct on this issue. Guns or no guns, if we promote and champion a thug society, why would we expect anything other than a thug society when the rubber hits the road?
It's about being raised properly. The high rates of single parenthood brought to us by the welfare state which encourages the birth parents to live apart. The crime comes from males 16-25 raised in a single parent environment. 85% of the males in prison grew up without a father.

Old 07-17-2022, 09:14 AM

8,349 posts, read 3,559,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
He is our Ex-Governor and a Republican.
(Kentucky is a red state and most people here hated him.)

I don't care if you label him a Democrat or Republican, by any name he was just a bad Governor. Period.

At times, he could come across alright, but trust me he wasn't.
He was an outsider. Not sure how he got elected. Even Republicans hated him. I guess they voted for him because he was a Republican.

Old 07-17-2022, 11:40 AM

29,627 posts, read 16,637,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's about being raised properly. The high rates of single parenthood brought to us by the welfare state which encourages the birth parents to live apart. The crime comes from males 16-25 raised in a single parent environment. 85% of the males in prison grew up without a father.
The welfare state didnt cause single parenthood, freedom did.

Mom doesnt have to stay with her abusive husband, and no one can force them to get married anymore. women also have the freedom to work and dont need their fathers to sign off on apartments.

Old 07-17-2022, 05:51 PM

37,962 posts, read 17,942,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The welfare state didnt cause single parenthood, freedom did.
Freedom didn't cause single parenthood to sky rocket. Welfare state did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Mom doesnt have to stay with her abusive husband, and no one can force them to get married anymore. women also have the freedom to work and dont need their fathers to sign off on apartments.
lol That you actually think an overwhelming men are abusing the birth mother is absurd. It's about never living together in the first place.

And what's wrong with a father or any family member helping?

The conclusion you reached is not based on any studies. None. Just more victimhood mentality from the left. When will it ever stop?

Old 07-17-2022, 08:19 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,322,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Ummm I hate to break this up with facts, but the current Kentucky Governor is Andy Beshear who is a Democrat. That was former Republican Governor Matt Bevin. Beshear beat Bevin in 2019.
I mean, come on people.

Why are dates hard to check, and basic facts so hard to confirm?

Old 07-18-2022, 08:59 AM

22,230 posts, read 19,537,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
I mean, come on people.

Why are dates hard to check, and basic facts so hard to confirm?
Because it is easier to post a link and run then do 15 seconds of checking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies