Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 05:59 AM

1,154 posts, read 276,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Wishes Democrats were still like JFK and Republicans were still like Eisenhower?

I do. Back then problems were often solved. Now, diplomacy isn't even possible. It's better when people are communicating than blaming and shaming. No one achieves anything that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2022, 06:00 AM

19,755 posts, read 10,197,714 times
Ike was not a Democrat or Republican. He said one time that the Republicans asked him first. He would have run as a Democrat if asked first by them. Before the election, he had no party affiliation at all. The only misstep he made was sending the first troops to Vietnam.

Old 07-17-2022, 06:07 AM

37,324 posts, read 19,312,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Ike was not a Democrat or Republican. He said one time that the Republicans asked him first. He would have run as a Democrat if asked first by them. Before the election, he had no party affiliation at all. The only misstep he made was sending the first troops to Vietnam.
JFK and Ike were good friends, and had a lot of mutual respect.

Old 07-17-2022, 06:17 AM

9,329 posts, read 16,709,631 times
Default I miss...

I miss common sense, respect for opinions other than your own, people with mental issues, whom are violent and can be forced into treatment, respect for the law and order, rule of law, "you do the crime, you do the time," a President and administration that understands cause and effect, an administration that wasn't built on sexuality, color, and ethnicity without qualifications, and most of all I miss patriotism for a country that was built on the blood of those that lost their lives to keep us free.

Old 07-17-2022, 06:23 AM

17 posts, read 6,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I think you are the only one. Democrats all across America just love commander in chief soggy bottoms and his bizarre mannerisms, unwanted touching, and inappropriate behavior around child.... Especially the inappropriate behavior around children, that's literally what they love most about this administration. Nobody goes after the children quite like Brandon and the creepy democrat party.
Unlike the Donald with his inappropriate relationship with his daughter, multiple marriages, children from different mothers, multiple affairs, etc.

Old 07-17-2022, 06:33 AM

22,690 posts, read 24,710,650 times
Nope, I ditched wishful-thinking and prefer to dwell in reality.

The many ugly-truths when it comes to the US are not going away, they will only get worse.

Old 07-17-2022, 06:43 AM

9,329 posts, read 16,709,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEndures View Post
Unlike the Donald with his inappropriate relationship with his daughter, multiple marriages, children from different mothers, multiple affairs, etc.
Lest we forget Bill Clinton, "I did not have sex with THAT woman."

BTW where is the facts to back up inappropriate relationship with Trump's daughter? So what if he was married multiple times, children from different mothers, affairs....Hell I've been married 3 times, what's that have to do with anything?

But creepy Joe .....

Old 07-17-2022, 06:47 AM

19,755 posts, read 10,197,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEndures View Post
And Biden taking showers with his young daughter, getting handsy and smelling the hair of young girls is ok? And for years saying a drunk driver killed his wife when the other driver was sober and the wreck was her fault.

Old 07-17-2022, 08:36 AM

13,621 posts, read 21,439,223 times
Conservative democrats, center democrats, even slight left of center democrats have been intimidated into silence by the far left democrats just like the republicans have been, and you know what it's not the fault of the left, it's the fault of everyone else for allowing it.

Case in point a transgender that looks like a muscular man is nominated for woman of the year, and most are intimidated to not challenge the left's notion of the sky is green.

Old 07-17-2022, 08:53 AM

11,986 posts, read 5,322,671 times
Republicans like to claim that if JFK were still alive he’d be a Republican as a way to claim the the current Democratic Party is extreme, but they never mention how far they’ve veered to the right since the days of Thomas E. Dewey and Dwight David Eisenhower.

If they have disowned Liz Cheney, what do you think they’d say about Ike?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies