Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2022, 08:56 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times

Advertisements

it would be great news for America if sinema deprives xoe and the profligate dems of their 'win' a 'win' which would be a big lose for the country.

soon leftists will be chasing her into bathrooms again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti4NxKSCTRs

Quote:
Senator John Barrasso, a Wyoming Republican, praised Democratic Arizona Senator Kyrsten Sinema for her "spine of steel" as Republicans hope she will kill her party's spending bill.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ll/ar-AA10ajZq
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2022, 09:00 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,252,674 times
She may have a spine of steel but it is cheap steel and it is corroded. It's all about the money with her. She is calling the donor log now to see how much she can make by standing in the way of progress.

Old 08-01-2022, 09:00 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,952,269 times
Worried for her safety. No one should have to be on the outlook for threats in your private life because of your job. As usual MSM won’t cover this.

Old 08-01-2022, 09:22 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,311,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
She may have a spine of steel but it is cheap steel and it is corroded. It's all about the money with her. She is calling the donor log now to see how much she can make by standing in the way of progress.
lol. the clean energy industry hasn't been lining the other Dems' pockets? Manchin didn't keep WV bennies flowing?

Let's have a little quiz. Let's say the bill actually reduced the deficit by an average of $30B/yr - $300B total over 10 years.

What % of the deficit would that approximately reduce over that period of time?

a. 70%
b. 90%
c. 33%
d. 5%
e. none of the above

Old 08-01-2022, 09:25 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,715,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
She apparently hasn't even stated which way she is going to vote. If she decides to vote with the Democrats does her spine of steel all of the sudden turn strong and polished?

In the meantime does that give protesters the right to harass her in public and threaten her safety?

Old 08-01-2022, 09:32 AM

6,130 posts, read 3,355,504 times
I’m still an AZ resident. I remember when she was first campaigning against McSally. She seemed extreme left wing, and I was really upset when she won.

Somehow, after she won, she moved to the center. I’m sure this has upset quite a few liberals.

But I’ll be honest, if she kills this bill, I would seriously consider voting for her and she would be the first Democrat I would’ve ever voted for in my entire life, and I’m in my 50’s now.

I didn’t like how Sinema said that Blasey Ford’s testimony against Kavanaugh was credible, because I find it outrageous that anyone would say credible in the same sentence as Blasey Ford’s name.

However, Sinema did not actually vote against Kavanaugh, so I guess I can’t technically blame her for that.

But it’s a sad day for Republicans when Manchin and Sinema are better than quite a few Republican Senators.

Old 08-01-2022, 09:33 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
She apparently hasn't even stated which way she is going to vote. If she decides to vote with the Democrats does her spine of steel all of the sudden turn strong and polished?

In the meantime does that give protesters the right to harass her in public and threaten her safety?
Not to me. I have long had my doubts about her motives.

And no. No one is arguing that she should be harassed and threatened. We will deal with her at the ballot box if she keeps putting her own interests above her constituents'. Keep in mind that Arizona has a nascent solar industry, an EV startup, not to mention a large population of retired persons on Medicare, all of which would benefit significantly from this legislation.

Old 08-01-2022, 09:36 AM

3,080 posts, read 1,748,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it would be great news for America if sinema deprives xoe and the profligate dems of their 'win' a 'win' which would be a big lose for the country.
She's all we have left. I hope she does the right thing. We do NOT need more spending right now.

Old 08-01-2022, 09:42 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I’m still an AZ resident. I remember when she was first campaigning against McSally. She seemed extreme left wing, and I was really upset when she won.

Somehow, after she won, she moved to the center. I’m sure this has upset quite a few liberals.

But I’ll be honest, if she kills this bill, I would seriously consider voting for her and she would be the first Democrat I would’ve ever voted for in my entire life, and I’m in my 50’s now.

I didn’t like how Sinema said that Blasey Ford’s testimony against Kavanaugh was credible, because I find it outrageous that anyone would say credible in the same sentence as Blasey Ford’s name.

However, Sinema did not actually vote against Kavanaugh, so I guess I can’t technically blame her for that.

But it’s a sad day for Republicans when Manchin and Sinema are better than quite a few Republican Senators.
although i'm not an AZ voter, i can identify with nearly all of this. she did seem like a far left loon while campaigning, but moderated a lot after she got into office.

after manchin climbed on board last week, the deMSM hooted and howled with glee. but they forgot all about sinema.

Old 08-01-2022, 09:44 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,903,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

soon leftists will be chasing her into bathrooms again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti4NxKSCTRs

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ll/ar-AA10ajZq

Hopefully we'll be drinking liberal tears soon enough
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies